some f*ckery with login.

the battle continues, with an infected dashost.exe sitting in windows/WinSys at 94 kt, and me shotgunning down any and all connections, and trying 2 download windows updates that would fix the rogue file. currently typing this on my laptop from a phone connected usb connection. im not enjoying this time at all, my laptops discord is 100% hijacked as process, and i can't re-establish control over it. although, i can fully monitor it on my phone.

I think this is going out of the scope of our forums and the concerns you originally had (the installer download, creating an account, logging in that account and recovering your old account) were solved.

So if there is no other issue regarding the game, I'll be locking the topic.

• Thanks 2

Holy crapcicles man, are you running Windows 10?  If you are, my humble advice is to FORMAT C:/ drive and try again with Win 7 Pro or even Win 8.1.

The backdoors, shady crap and insidious software that M$ packs in that OS have forever cemented the fact that most likely my next OS will be some flavor of Linux.

I also think you've got some serious issues to deal with on your router and/or firewall and how they are configured.

Sorry about your problems, but honestly it sounds like this is a major PITA from a combination of your OS, your connection/bandwidth/router/firewall and unfortunate circumstances, mostly from your own preconceived notions I'm afraid.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2