Ultima Server Is Declining

@Larva

1. Vote for the Changes for SS

Seren Swan with Rifle Range NOT Usable by FO's

Seren Swan with Handgun Range Usable by ALL

Seren Swan with Rifle Range combo Locked Usable by ALL

Is there any suspense?
I mean you know that the most powerful option will always be choosed If you ask.
Like a poll about PGF being all year round would be massively 99% Yes vs 1% No.

Here is another example : https://imgur.com/a/ZSPZ3Lz

5 hours ago, Larva said:

Ok after reading all posts in this topic including @Kikori  one. Who only points out how a awful person I am...  Anyway

First thing first, if someone thinks that I don't love this server, that i don't care about it or ultima community that's just wrong. I cant even count how many problems i have had with wife for the server LOL.... So.. Having a different opinion, different view of the road does not mean i don't care about the server. Yes I'm not as active as I wish, but i do have a family here at home that takes must of my time. I'm not planing on having everyone happy not because i don't want to, but because is not possible, again different ideas and different point of views.

Now let me tell you something for example @mudkipzjm your posts must of the times are super toxic, always pointing to someone, talking trash about the server or me or the donations etc. Dude you should analyze that, you play here, you have friends here and still you trash talk a lot about the place you belong to.

We want a better community ? we want a better server? well lets start with our persona first.  Not everything it's my fault. I been here for almost 11 years, i have seen different eras of the servers, the drama has always been around I can remember other times with drama about this and that. But right now i can tell the drama is not the problem, it goes beyond drama when users just find a excuse to start trolling,  trashing and converting at any chance the topic in to something toxic.

Help me to help you.

About the SS here is a screenshot were i stated that the weapon will be changed if it needed to change. After that the topic of SS vs Came up and we start to discus stats and changes for the weapon,  I assume that was self stated that the weapon will receive some changes.

image.png

And now once again I cant please everyone (because my ideas counts too not only yours guys) that being said, I will open a poll where i will post options for final changes.

vote in there and that will be the last change to the weapon. 

She Requested, we still in to this.

I do realize that I tend to sh**post a lot, but these criticisms I posted come from someone who has several thousand hours played in this server. I want to see this server flourish, and in my opinion, the things I posted are some of this things I see people complain the most about. This wasn't just about the SS stuff, although I guess you could call it the straw the broke the metaphorical camel's back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Faelynn said:

When I joined I would always see @Cyane or @Fyrewolf5 in the lobby or playing the game and I just don't see that anymore. Maybe a quick game here and there but nothing like it used to be. 

I actually play this game a lot (maybe too much) but you probably don't know because I'm 99.4% of the time using a character you don't know (non GM accounts) and usually in Lobby 04.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

I actually play this game a lot (maybe too much) but you probably don't know because I'm 99.4% of the time using a character you don't know (non GM accounts) and usually in Lobby 04.

Ok I am sorry but they were well know even on their non GM accounts and in main lobby all the time. That is what I am trying to point out. I am sorry if I offended you by pointing this out but I just wanted to point it out there. If GM's were better known then we may not have shit that happens happen. I mean a few times I've been in the lobby I've heard so much negativity about things or inappropriate things that I just leave half the time. And yes I could report it but where would that go. I'm just trying to say a better presence would help to curve things. 

• Like 1

Returning to the subject of the server, what are you planning to do to improve and put the server back as one of the best as it has been before? I have already seen that a pool has been made to change the SS weapon and this  is already a big improvement by getting the community to participate in the new items, whether they are imposed by the leader or by community suggestion.
-What to do with the glaring shortage of forum / server GMs / moderators?
- what to do to stabilize / lower the steep DW price increase, this is for a game that is already old but only the elite can donate hundreds! to buy a DW.
I think by making these my suggestions (mine and not general), there will be other improvements and maybe even other priorities, but I think it could be the best server again starting with one of them

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 1

Questionable leadership doesn't make you a bad person, Larva. I stand by recognizing the difficulty and thanklessness of your position.

13 hours ago, Scott18 said:

I 100% just reread the entire thread on SS vs Ultima. No where did Larva entertain the idea of unlocking L&K38. He simply agreed to nerf ideas for SS. There is no quote on that topic in regards to that matter. Honestly provide the quote or drop the topic. From what I can see, multiple GMs and Developers have told you it won't happen on this server. Unless Larva caves on this one as well, it isn't happening.

This is fair. I could not recall other ones off the top of my head in regards to nerfed custom items, nor can I at this moment. I do agree though this isn't the first time however for something like this.

Dudes really gonna make me quote Larva? 
You didn't even have to 100% reread that thread to peep the facts.

Larva:
"Another idea would be to reduce speed and combo lock the weapon.

To clarify, something is gonna be done to the weapon."

• Dislike 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Harvest said:

He was talking about the Serene Swan. L&K is already combo locked, why would he reduce the speed and combo lock it?

Oh snap you're finally right. Thanks for pointing out my error there.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Dw 1

16 hours ago, R-78 said:

I just requested Larva to make it usable by Forces (so back to All classes).

As for the range nerf, here is a picture of the thing

3qCfmQH.png

Is it that big of a nerf? Worth quiting the server? I don't think so, but you tell me...

Peace & love everyone please...

looks very nice looks Hunters & Force likes Rifle if so annoying the flowers you're right that was really peferkt Rilfe that's great for the first time Rifle.

18 hours ago, R-78 said:

I just requested Larva to make it usable by Forces (so back to All classes).

As for the range nerf, here is a picture of the thing

3qCfmQH.png

Is it that big of a nerf? Worth quiting the server? I don't think so, but you tell me...

Peace & love everyone please...

@R-78Its not just the nerf that I quit over. I have played psobb on and off since 2005/6. Both me and Shoutgu were going to quit playing this game after going through and perfecting the ultima time attack records.

However with quest developers changing the version of the quests after a it gets beaten too easily in their opinion by 1% of the player base (because not everyone is steamrolling these quests and you forget that), and adjusting stats for weapons its pointless in trying to time attack because you cannot have a consistent record due to there not being a level playing field or consistent environment. Therefore in order to level things out, our records get reset every time a weapon that was used during the record run gets nerfed or a quest gets adjusted.

It just isn't practical and I am bored of playing the game in the casual way.

Plus like I stated before the server admins rash decisions, going back on their word, lateness (which I can deal with but gets mentioned none the less) followed by lack of communication, do not sit well with me having played on Schtserv Prior to this, and seeing that decline due to similar issues.

Larva in one topic said the weapon would be left alone. 
Immediately after that I traded my pgf away to @C01D1 for some items and dts, in order to to do two things:

1) Help them out after suffering for years of failed pgf hunts, (which me, starlord and wilson discussed possibly donating a pgf to said individual if this trend continued) again due to a cash grab situation which fair enough... you have a family to feed and everyone likes a little side hustle.

2) I then sold some of the said items that I didn't need for dts and upgraded my hard earned SS to 0/0/100/100/80. All of this was done on the basis that @Larva the server admin gave his word that he was not going to change the weapon.

With this news we formed our TA team again and started beating records again only to have another topic created by @Lipelis, which started off all the bitching again and led to the Nerf.

Now like I stated before, this is not something that is going to be reimbursed by you guys which I accept. I don't agree with the the way the situation was handled just like similar situations before but this time will be the last time for me.

People who play this game outside of time attack reasons aren't really affected in the same way by these changes so I don't expect most people to see or agree with my methods of thinking.

Now that you have been addressed @R-78 who really I expected better from, I will now move on to address some points.

Most of the people here have become toxic. There is not 1 day that goes by where you don't see Emewn vs Triforce, Starlord vs Triforce etc etc and @mudkipzjm the team whore (because he is in every team) at the centre of it all but trying to play innocent. 

@Emewn I am not having a go at you so don't take this in the wrong way I am just pointing out what I see. Not all of the time are you in the wrong or deserve as much hate as you receive. (watch how many dislikes my post will get from Triforce because of this 1 comment just to prove my point :) ) but sometimes you make a very valid point but then somewhere in your post you say something really annoying. you may or may not know that you are doing this but I think this is what some people may dislike you for.
That is how you are supposed to constructively criticise by the way folks.

I'm no angel myself, but at least my BS rarely  pops up. Maybe once every few months I have an outburst because I have a strong opinion about something legitimately and not trying to grief for shits and giggles. I get censored for saying stuff that in todays day and age is not considered politically correct (but in mine and many other mainstream beliefs it is correct but we must take the back seat), but like someone else had pointed out before, you have people talking about nasty shit like dads raping and molesting and all sorts of perverse shit that goes unpunished. Its backwards if you ask me. 

I previously played on Schtserv under a different name TMhav0k and was part of a very toxic environment there. I was invited here and used a different nickname and a different approach. This place is headed in the same direction as the place I left so... more reason to hang up this old cloak. I mean evidence of this is people arguing in my goodbye topic and not even saying bye and getting it locked before I got home from work and could reply to anyone who was there for legitimate reasons but whatever... what is done is done. I said my goodbyes to anyone I missed out on discord.

@Triforce members, this is in no way a running you completely down post either, as I enjoyed my time fully that I spent with you. Especially all the technical discussions we had. 

Maybe my mentality is different as growing up in the hood, as men even when you argue or fight you supposed to shake hands at the end of the day and keep it moving rather than bitching daily. Yea I know you cant physically fight someone online and have one person lose and get their humbling but still. I can only use the examples I have been in and live by.

@Soly Thanks for your work and effort and staying neutral during my time here. There is only 1 constructive thing I can say to you tbh. Don't hide behind the excuse of it cant be done if it can be done. You should actually tell people what the difficult obstacle is so that they can have their input and perhaps help you overcome the issue at hand. You would be surprised at how many geniuses there are lurking on these forums, that don't say much due to the drama.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1
  • Dw 1

6 minutes ago, rashan0121 said:

@Soly Thanks for your work and effort and staying neutral during my time here. There is only 1 constructive thing I can say to you tbh. Don't hide behind the excuse of it cant be done if it can be done. You should actually tell people what the difficult obstacle is so that they can have their input and perhaps help you overcome the issue at hand. You would be surprised at how many geniuses there are lurking on these forums, that don't say much due to the drama.

I guess I should clarify that is not a 0 or 1 thing, but it would be the same answer every time tho, too much effort and time required to go hunt assembly code to patch.
I'm always open to suggestions on that side but well, I don't think anyone has ever said anything remotely close to that area.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rashan0121 said:

words

Honestly after this whole shitstorm I'm going to try my hardest to just not participate drama. It's just exhausting at this point. At this point I really just want to play PSO and have non of the hassle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rashan0121 said:

With this news we formed our TA team again and started beating records again only to have another topic created by @Lipelis, which started off all the bitching again and led to the Nerf.

Ok let me recap a little historic for you since you keep mentioning me:

July 12 - https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33629-summer-event-player-made-drop-table-2019/&do=findComment&comment=213595
500662823_01copie.thumb.jpg.bb0c7ae133f805857b6a6138b6d7dcb2.jpg https://imgur.com/a/xQ4xxKg

July 12 just a couple of hours later - https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33656-thoughts-on-serene-swan-and-impending-nerf/
311371937_03copie.thumb.jpg.69c3a959e196c576c13a93cf9da51a1f.jpg https://imgur.com/a/E6EAJni

22 july - https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/33735-serene-swan-vs-ultima/
1679672801_04copie.thumb.jpg.61b43b574e469486a8a25378f84f1ffe.jpg https://imgur.com/a/gzUJoO4

My introduction is crystal clear, so the Edens one does.
Please spot the difference between a constructive friendly topic and a trolls friendly one.
I spent some time to construct my opinion on this weapon and writing my post.

Now quit mentioning me in your point of view without respect.

Edited by Lipelis
  • Like 7
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Emewn said:

Dudes really gonna make me quote Larva? 
You didn't even have to 100% reread that thread to peep the facts.

Larva:
"Another idea would be to reduce speed and combo lock the weapon.

To clarify, something is gonna be done to the weapon."

This was in regards to specifically Serene Swan. How are you getting it confused. L&K38 is already combo locked...