Goodbye

rashan0121

Sorry to derail the impending shitstorm.

0v020Dt.png

We had confirmation from R-78 that it was not going to be nerfed. Therefore people thought it was safe to go ahead and max theirs out. Nerfing this after a confirmation like that is extremely poor judgement, at least without compensation to those who donated/sold things just to max this weapon out.

• Like 2

My personal opinion is the Serene Swan should be restricted to FO's and Female HU's / RA's  as they needed a good weapon to compete against the ever powerful PR's  that is out there which is male only.   On the flip side there are many female only items  which they are not as strong as some of the Male only items but their  character requirements and where PR's have a higher requirement.   Anyways  the reason I have not really voiced these thoughts to now was because I was neutral about the gun since it was still in testing phase.   With this being said the testing phase should not be a live release to the entire community,  this should be amongst a few trusted users (BetA Testers) as we call them in many other communities.   Let the Beta members test it out and voice their thoughts towards it or have a poll before the event to  see what the community would like to see in this type of weapon and what class it should be for.    This would be the ultimate "CYA" (COVER YOUR ASS)  incase there are reprocutions similar to what happened here.  

Dont get me wrong I am sure the Ultima "Dev" team and select staff probably discussed this and tested it out but this kinda stuff really needs a community input since we are the ones that will be hunting it and grinding it up once we discover its true potential.   As @mudkipzjm said many members was mislead by the statement from a staff member thinking the serene swan was safe and note to be nerfed so they invested time, ingame currency, donation currency , and many other gestures just to ensure they had it maxed out,  just to be let down when it was nerfed.   I am still pretty neutral about this but there has to be some form of safe guard to prevent this kind of stuff from happening.   Some of us put are heart and soul into this game and community.  We just want to know that our voice matters in stuff like this.  :)  

Side note I think the staff busts their butts to try to give the community the best experience they can considering none of us are required to pay to play.   There are many minor things that could be corrected and it would make this community great again and the population would probably return.   I have some suggestions which I wont voice here as I am not trying to turn this into a bigger issue than what it already is,  but if you would like to hear them I would be glad to shoot any of the staff a PM with my thoughts.  

As for @rashan0121 dont quit the game over something as stupid as an item getting nerfed.  I understand what happened wasnt right through your eyes and many others but its still no reason to leave.   In the almost 5  years I have played in ultima I have seen many changes happen some for the good and some for the bad,  this is just one of those things that was rushed and wasnt properly thought through.   Blame it on the community for wanting the event sooner than was expected or whatever the case may be.  One thing I learned in all of my tantrums on here over the silliest stuff ,  is that it gets you no where if anything it isolates you away from the rest of the community.     I cant tell you how many times I flipped out because I couldnt seem to get a item to drop that I was hunting for and took it out on the community instead of embracing my frustrations and realizing in the end I screwed up.   For this I paid the ultimate price or should I say Ultima price of being limited to who I can play with.    The point I am trying to make is you worked to hard for what you achieved on this server just to throw it away because one item got screwed up.  

Just because it was nerfed now doesnt mean they wont balance it later and release a better version :)   

I didnt really play with you much but from one PSO player to another dont leave.  

Edited by Virec
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Virec said:

Dont get me wrong I am sure the Ultima "Dev" team and select staff probably discussed this and tested it out but this kinda stuff really needs a community input since we are the ones that will be hunting it and grinding it up once we discover its true potential. 

Just to let you know, no. Nothing was discussed between staff members.

No one was aware of this sudden change. Nothing was announced on moderation channel as well.

How do I know, you may ask? I was there today, not a single word has been said. I was there like an hour ago, before asking to be demoted from Moderation. Even though I'm not a moderator here on forums, I had access to the staff members channel on Discord and I was even able to give my input there, give suggestions, report bugs and trying to be a conciliator between community and staff wishes.

What happened today sums it up the biggest issue between Ultima administration and staff: Lack of communication.

If we keep doing things and taking decisions behind the backs of others, not trusting each other, I really doubt the Ultima will go much further. I did my part, I just left the moderation role that I was so proud of being part.

I'm really disappointed with you Larva.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

No one was aware of this sudden change. Nothing was announced on moderation channel as well.

How do I know, you may ask? I was there today, not a single word has been said. I was there like an hour ago, before asking to be demoted from Moderation. Even though I'm not a moderator here on forums, I had access to the staff members channel on Discord and I was even able to give my input there, give suggestions, report bugs and trying to be a conciliator between community and staff wishes.

What happened today sums it up the biggest issue between Ultima administration and staff: Lack of communication.

If we keep doing things and taking decisions behind the backs of others, not trusting each other, I really doubt the Ultima will go much further. I did my part, I just left the moderation role that I was so proud of being part.

ESQuSQ2.png

I did discussed with r-78 and Soly. And do you see them posting like you? Making more drama ? You didn't want a change at all and that's your main anger. I don't recall you approaching to me for any of your ideas. I'm sorry if you feel that I acted behind your back. But I don't need to that , and I don't need to get from you that childish attitude. Want to tell me something you know how to contact me.

If this topic gets like all others , drama and toxic don't be surprised if get closed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Larva said:

I did discussed with r-78 and Soly. And do you see them posting like you? Making more drama ? You didn't want a change at all and that's your main anger. I don't recall you approaching to me for any of your ideas. I'm sorry if you feel that I acted behind your back. But I don't need to that , and I don't need to get from you that childish attitude. Want to tell me something you know how to contact me.

If this topic gets like all others , drama and toxic don't be surprised if get closed.

Speaking from experience, it's hard to know when to contact you about things when you don't know those things are happening.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larva said:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LOL clowns

17 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Speaking from experience, it's hard to know when to contact you about things when you don't know those things are happening.

You just send a message and that's it.

If you care enough.. 

And the shitpost never ends.

17 minutes ago, RIPBenny said:

LOL clowns

What you mean? Explain. 

• Dislike 1
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Larva said:

I don't recall you approaching to me for any of your ideas.

and

I don't need to get from you that childish attitude. Want to tell me something you know how to contact me.

There is a reason moderation channel exists. A channel dedicated for every staff to give their opinions.

I even recorded a video for you to see by yourself the weapon in action.

How many times I sent my feedback to @R-78 about multiple subjects, like drop table suggestions, events, about my Serene Swan status suggestions, the event topic translations, weapon skins, bug reports and so many other things I helped Ultima so she could send you?

CKDXD9N.png

And you say that?

I don't think it was needed to keep my opinions or ideas just another secret conversation between you and me, when other staff members can give their inputs. But you seem to ask for other staff members opinions in secret.

We don't agree on this point, I realized that and I won't try to change your mind, but you could at least show some gratitude.

And do you see them posting like you? Making more drama ? You didn't want a change at all and that's your main anger.

As far as I know, I'm not anything but a drama maker (accordingly to you). They are a GM and a Developer respectively.

Thank you for being honest about how you see me.
I'm done talking to you.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Larva said:

You just send a message and that's it.

If you care enough.. 

Did we just witness Larva hinting that Lemon doesn't care enough to make an active effort to improve the server, after all Lemon's done?

Edited by Kikori

Moderation channel? I wasn't even in there till couple of weeks ago and you know that. I didn't even knew you where a moderator (in discord) until couple of week ago.

We (staff) have always contacted in a different way you don't know that because you never cared to contact me at all.

Yes you participate in the weapon and I say thank you for that. For the skin and the video and everything else you did. But still not for what you have done the weapon wouldn't be changed. If you expected to basically say I want this for the weapon and let it be.. I'm sorry but that not how it work.

Anyway again the topic from a "goodbye" it seams no longer is that. 

We can continue all day all week. Again want to tell me something you know how ( I believe you do) contact me, instance of making all this...

Topic close.

4 minutes ago, Kikori said:

Did we just witness Larva hinting that Lemon doesn't care enough to make an active effort to improve the server, after all Lemon's done?

And nooo.. 

Another shitpost mis leading.. I didn't mean that and Lemon knows it.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 4