↓  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wanna consider Ultima?

• As a grind-friendly experience balanced between original PSOBB concepts and new ones.
    • As a highly modded experience fitting the modern RPGs standards with a fast progression.
    • As an old school challenging experience revamped with useful features to keep a classic PSOBB alive.

3 minutes ago, Harvest said:

I mean, if we're quoting Saith, we should quote him directly. @Emewn @griffeni

I've spoken to him a lot on the topic.

"max stat hucast and combo unlocked 38 (with 4 way pb buffs) can one combo 3rd form falz to death" is a very bad argument for keeping L&K38 Combat combo locked. It may have been a good idea at the time whenever that took place, but we're nearly in 2020.
Some new gear, quests, and difficulties have released since then leaving all the wack gear in the item data-base that nobody ever uses.

Right now there are a bunch of weapons that could do lethal damage to Falz final form with (4 way buff) just like L&K38 Combat.
That's just a silly reason to keep L&K38 Combat combo locked.

It doesn't matter how many times you share what Saith said about L&K38 Combat. It's not valid anymore.

1 minute ago, Emewn said:

"max stat hucast and combo unlocked 38 (with 4 way pb buffs) can one combo 3rd form falz to death" is a very bad argument for keeping L&K38 Combat combo locked. It may have been a good idea at the time whenever that took place, but we're nearly in 2020.
Some new gear, quests, and difficulties have released since then leaving all the wack gear in the item data-base that nobody ever uses.

Right now there are a bunch of weapons that could do lethal damage to Falz final form with (4 way buff) just like L&K38 Combat.
That's just a silly reason to keep L&K38 Combat combo locked.

It doesn't matter how many times you share what Saith said about L&K38 Combat. It's not valid anymore.

Have you actually tested it out yourself, on a max level HUcast? I have. It's ridiculous. It cuts through things like they're made of wet tissue paper. Literally nothing is a challenge, because literally nothing gets the chance to shoot back. Do you know what I did? Lemme quote it - 

New weapon idea: Unlocked L&K38 Combat - Psycho Combat.

Made by using L&K38 and a Psycho Black Crystal (or other modifier, take your pick). Would be reskinned in a black/red style.

The idea is to have it locked to two specific classes, the HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Both of these classes tend to come up short when compared to their male counterparts in damage, so this suggestion is aimed at giving them a weapon with greater range to compensate. There's been a lot of suggestion that this would be ridiculously powerful, and has been tested before, but I did some testing of my own.

With zero ATP, a max-atp HUcassy, no Shifta, and 0% attribute, an unlocked L&K38 does about 175 per strong hit. This means 875 per button push, and a full combo does about 2625 damage. For comparison, a HUcast with the same modifiers using a Psycho Raven will do 536 per strong attack, making it 1608 per button push, and 4824 per full combo. 

This was tested on an Arlan in ultimate, and I don't know if/how buffed the mobs are here as opposed to what I used.

I'm also suggesting this because the L&K38 combat is an awesome looking weapon that is criminally underused due to being locked. Additionally, it's a badass weapon that would be great for female characters, as some of their go-to weapons are covered in hearts and/or love connotations, which is a relic of 20 years ago. 

I'm more than happy to help out with balance testing on the server, if needs be.

I took a long time testing and considering how best to get the weapon added to the game in an unlocked fashion that wouldn't have the community pissed off like it currently is over the Swan. You class lock it, you nerf it, you make it difficult to get, then maybe it can be added and made a part of someone's usual toolkit, instead of being the single weapon that everyone would use.

• Like 2

Just now, Harvest said:

Have you actually tested it out yourself, on a max level HUcast? I have. It's ridiculous. It cuts through things like they're made of wet tissue paper. Literally nothing is a challenge, because literally nothing gets the chance to shoot back. Do you know what I did? Lemme quote it - 

I took a long time testing and considering how best to get the weapon added to the game in an unlocked fashion that wouldn't have the community pissed off like it currently is over the Swan. You class lock it, you nerf it, you make it difficult to get, then maybe it can be added and made a part of someone's usual toolkit, instead of being the single weapon that everyone would use.

I +1 this.

• Like 1

For my 2 cents, I disagree with removing the Rifle Range because Hunters need something to keep up w/ the meri spit happy control tower quests. It’s either that or make a unit to negate unresisted ohko attacks. Rangers still have the advantage ignoring distance penalties to accuracy so both Hunters and Forces still need Smartlink to get the most out of SS.

Another idea would be to reduce speed and combo lock the weapon.

To clarify, something is gonna be done to the weapon.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Have you actually tested it out yourself, on a max level HUcast? I have. It's ridiculous. It cuts through things like they're made of wet tissue paper. Literally nothing is a challenge, because literally nothing gets the chance to shoot back.

I would love to see you say that after doing the new quest Tower of Dreams or many other quests under those same circumstances for that matter.
In PSO there is always 1 weapon that utterly destroys a monster the most.
So what that L&K38 Combat does that when played on a max stated HUcast with a 4-way PB buff against Falz?
Other weapons come close to destroying Falz under those same circumstances.
Many weapons wreck havoc with 4-way PB buff.
The fact L&K38 Combat does that the most on Falz shouldn't be the reason it stays combo locked in these days.

Take that same character and L&K38 Combat to many other quests, and you'll quickly notice your statement holds no weight aside from Falz.
Being mad that a specific situation with L&K38 Combat is overkill towards a specific monster should make people mad that Demon Yas9k makes Tower ezpz.

Diversity is good, but y'all seem so opposed to that idea for some reason.
I like having the option to choose another weapon, and still be able to do a good job.

I feel like you're not really listening to me. To clarify - I want the L&K unlocked, as it's a super cool weapon. However, it also needs to be unlocked in a reasonable way that doesn't make it the be-all and end-all of weapons on the server. There's enough of a problem balancing twelve bullets from the Serene Swan - L&K does fifteen. Giving it to RAcaseal and HUcaseal is a medium position on the topic, and even then, it could be overpowered for HUcassy.

You mention diversity in weapons, and that's kinda what this topic is about. As Lipelis posted on the front page, if SS becomes the best weapon, then HUcast+SS > Anything else with SS. There would be zero diversity.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Larva said:

Okay but at the end of the day, will it make the game more fun?

What i said wasn't an personal attack to you, but my opinion about what can be improved about how the server deals with this kind of matters (which can be wrong or right about the reality.).

3 hours ago, Larva said:

I posted what I posted because basically the post that I quote says the not matter what everyone says I get to do what I want. When is completely wrong and pisted me off that instance of reading the part of " I suggest". 

You got all the right of being pissed with my reply, i don't take it bad or personally, after all there's nothing wrong in disagreeing. I know we all have our personal lifes and you do the best you can out of your in real life schedule, but if you had time to write a reply to my post in that way, you could use that time explaining me why i'm so wrong. That's the principle of the dialogue between people. Maybe i'm really wrong and the post was unfair, but you also took my post out of context and i don't think you understood what my message was. But if nobody explains how things are done or there's little communication with the community, i don't see it being so weird people having these kinds of opinions. The only staff members that promote an open dialogue in a correct way is @Solyand @R-78. Also @Fyrewolf5, even he isn't active nowadays, but he always did a good job. And it's not a matter of quantity of communication, but of quality.

3 hours ago, Larva said:

I'm making a damn suggestion because it's not only up to me to make a change. So pretty much the post that I quote is a completely Lie of what it happens and people keep believing this bullshit. And to be honest it would be way easier if I do what I believe with out permission 😡.

It's true that some people might be rude or unpolite, but i'm speaking for my head, not for what other people say or think. Also people believe on that "bullshit", because you aren't open for dialogue or communication with them or generally you don't ask for people's input on major changes or new features. Not even to contextualize your options. I think you as the owner of the server, at least you could improve on that matter.

Also i'm pretty sure some people do not agree with a single word that i said and again, there's nothing wrong with it. Indeed there's alot to improve and I as part of the community have the right to express my personal believes and having people agreeing or disagreeing in a civil way. In my personal point view, you don't have to give suggestions, but you have to hear what the staff and the community thinks about a specific topic, communicate showing why people are right or wrong, think and decide what you think it's better for the server, that's what i expressed on my previous topic. I don't think that's a lie, because it's not what happens here and in my opinion could definitely improve. This topic about discussing about SS, would never happen if you communicated better with us or had firm convictions for what content you want to provide to us.

3 hours ago, Larva said:

The item is a mixture of input from members of the staff the only thing I did was go put the stats the staff said. Only thing I suggest was to remove FO and didn't happen.

I totally agree with this kind of structure and i see that it's a good way of doing things, never said the contrary. That's why we work and we have better results if we work as a team (except in few cases). But i also believe (and this is pure speculation, but if it's not, think it should be that way) that is you that ultimately take the final word on what you want for your server, even if most people don't agree. Do you even need more input about the weapon to have a decision about it in your mind?

3 hours ago, Larva said:

And who was the kid who said that I don't give a F about anything?  The one who had his post hiding... That I already unhide.

Let me tell you something if I wouldn't care I would even be here at all. I wouldn't even bother on reading the suggestions of this topic. I wouldn't even care to have a discussion to try to solve this in a civil way. 

The same way you didn't like the Mud's reply (which i personally don't agree with his comment, but i also don't think it wasn't a matter of being considered offensive), i didn't like the way you replied to me. After all, i'm just a chilled guy that likes to play here and sometimes express what i think about something, because i love being part of this server. When we point out the other people's mistakes, we should at least give the example first. What you said it's not exemplary. If you want to try to solve things in a civil way, the way you replied me and the way you replied to mud, it's not the way.

Even if some people say that you don't care about the server, i do believe you care and also never said on my post or implied that you didn't. But that doesn't mean alot of stuff needs to improve, starting with proper communication.

3 hours ago, Larva said:

Again IILL SUGGEST TO REMOVE RIFLE RANGE and also to make some class base selection. It don't matter if that didn't happen before or other items don't... Bla bla bla we can keep with the compare all  year long. But I we are taking about this weapon SS . I think THIS weapon should have this changes regardless other items/game mods or whatever.

I don't agree with any change to SS, but i've already expressed my opinion in a different topic. Some people agree, some others don't. Either way, the final decision will not please everyone. I'm fine with whatever the decision is because i don't have the right to decide what it should be done or not, is a fun weapon and i like how it looks. I don't think there's something more to discuss with the community about SS, this is the second topic where people discussed about SS. We want to see things getting done. 

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Larva said:

I have a question. If SS gets nerfed, which it was stated earlier in the event that it would not be changed, isn't that a little unfair for people that have spent time hunting them since that would devalue the item or make it totally worthless? I have personally spent much of the event hunting one with hit. It'd be nice to know what's going on so I can either keep hunting SS or focus on other worthwhile items like Cent/Battle. Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larva said:

we already have master raven though? whats the point

• Thanks 4

I don‘t really want to enter this whole drama thing, but i want to leave something (my opinion) - back to the intention of this post

there are a few hunters in the shadow of their bigger ones

like HUcaseal (< HUcast) and RAcaseal (< RAcast>

i think SS should stay as it is, and should only be usable for those two Hunters, RAcaseal & HUcaseal

they lack in having a really strong and good single DPS weapon

if you check other classes:

HUcast got Psycho Ravens

HUcaseal got Last Swan, Mille Faucilles, Dual Bird

HUney got Lindcray

HUmar got PR

Rangers got C/D Yas 9000 - overkilling anything

FO‘s got multiple things like:

Lindcray, Bringers, Banana Cannon, SoF, Samba Fiesta, Rambling May, etc.

HUcaseal and RAcaseal have way less ATP then their bigger ones (RAcast & HUcast)

but in my eyes they profit the most out of SS, with SD they got a weapon that ALMOST hit as hard as RAct/HUct would do with PR‘s

i mean if you play as RAct or HUct you would have to get close up to enemies but then you can pull out a ton of DMG

as HUcl/RAcl you wouldn‘t have to get as close as their bigger ones but probably could kill enemies as fast as HUct/RAct, because they need some time to get close up

thanks for reading, im out of here, just wanted to give my two cents about the weapon 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harvest said:

I feel like you're not really listening to me. To clarify - I want the L&K unlocked, as it's a super cool weapon. However, it also needs to be unlocked in a reasonable way that doesn't make it the be-all and end-all of weapons on the server. There's enough of a problem balancing twelve bullets from the Serene Swan - L&K does fifteen. Giving it to RAcaseal and HUcaseal is a medium position on the topic, and even then, it could be overpowered for HUcassy.

You mention diversity in weapons, and that's kinda what this topic is about. As Lipelis posted on the front page, if SS becomes the best weapon, then HUcast+SS > Anything else with SS. There would be zero diversity.

You're the one not listening bro. L&K38 Combat is a freaking Gatlin Gun.
If any weapon that weapon should be the 1 to do the most damage to Falz.
I wouldn't even complain about it just because it's a freaking Gatlin Gun.
Your main argument was only considering HUcast max stat with 4-way PB. That's not a real argument at all.

If a max stat HUcast can kill Falz in a single combo while it's invisible without 4-way PB using L&K38 Combat that's an entirely different story.

Leveling up from 1 to 200 the casual user switches from weapon to weapon as they grow, but it doesn't take long for them to realize that there are very few weapons to use effectively by certain points.

The point I was making is that its OK to have multiple strong weapons for the same situation.
It will not break the game, because of player preferences. 

If you have the choice to pullout L&K38 Combat, Serene Swan, Psycho Raven or Yas9k (Charge) or others against Falz it's likely that not everybody will even carry L&K38 Combat. The speed of L&K38's animation is not for everybody. Trust.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, toxic said:

I don‘t really want to enter this whole drama thing, but i want to leave something (my opinion) - back to the intention of this post

there are a few hunters in the shadow of their bigger ones

like HUcaseal (< HUcast) and RAcaseal (< RAcast>

i think SS should stay as it is, and should only be usable for those two Hunters, RAcaseal & HUcaseal

they lack in having a really strong and good single DPS weapon

if you check other classes:

HUcast got Psycho Ravens

HUcaseal got Last Swan, Mille Faucilles, Dual Bird

HUney got Lindcray

HUmar got PR

Rangers got C/D Yas 9000 - overkilling anything

FO‘s got multiple things like:

Lindcray, Bringers, Banana Cannon, SoF, Samba Fiesta, Rambling May, etc.

HUcaseal and RAcaseal have way less ATP then their bigger ones (RAcast & HUcast)

but in my eyes they profit the most out of SS, with SD they got a weapon that ALMOST hit as hard as RAct/HUct would do with PR‘s

i mean if you play as RAct or HUct you would have to get close up to enemies but then you can pull out a ton of DMG

as HUcl/RAcl you wouldn‘t have to get as close as their bigger ones but probably could kill enemies as fast as HUct/RAct, because they need some time to get close up

thanks for reading, im out of here, just wanted to give my two cents about the weapon 🤷🏼‍♂️

Have you ever tried sues coat on hucaseal? People disregard armor boost because they are so fixated on STA and dark weapons. Hucaseal is a monster, with her ATA she can hit everything without missing as much as hucast can. I agree everything you said on racaseal, they need love but people should really look into it with more depth when talking about hucaseal because they been using it wrong apparently. I think hucaseal in most cases shines more than hucast. You put sues coat on and adds an extra 100 ATP.

That puts her at #2 of ATP above humar and with macho blades SD +7 puts her in a really competitive spot and let’s not forget her ATA. 

Edited by Starlord
  • Like 1