↓  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How do you wanna consider Ultima?

• As a grind-friendly experience balanced between original PSOBB concepts and new ones.
    • As a highly modded experience fitting the modern RPGs standards with a fast progression.
    • As an old school challenging experience revamped with useful features to keep a classic PSOBB alive.

39 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

The same way hunters or forces shouldn't be using shots (example, crush cannon).

With all respect, i don't think that's an accurate or correct argument, in my opinion. I don't think that this server has a philosophy of being purist with the class concepts and their general perks. You guys never restricted yourselves from allowing weapons that aren't supposed to be on forces or hunters, why is the SS now a problem? If the server had a general concept and a philosophy to follow when developing weapons, then i would agree with that argue, but it's not the case. For example, the staff made Lindcray, which following your reasoning, shouldn't exist but no one ever cared about changing it or discussing possible changes and now why in the world SS is mind blowing now?

I mean, it's a valid point, i won't argue that maybe SS shouldn't have rifle range or shouldn't be usable by FOs or hunters. The problem with most of this stuff is consistency of the leadership in adressing these topics. If you want to change SS, change it. If people cry that it was changed, well that's their problem we can't please everyone, but you have to have a philosophy and know what you want for your server and make things happen. I can't speak for everyone, but i'm tired of all this thing "ah shouldn't be like this, should be like that" and not making stuff happen or the leadership never taking decisions only considering what they think it's right, making an endless and non productive discussing (as it has been happening until today, since the weapon came out). Just make things happen and take a decision, the server is yours, the community has the right to express their opinion, but ultimately the decision is always your. If you don't agree with some of the weapons perks, or the weapon is not what you want for your server and you think it's better to change it, change it.

Just be consistent on things and make things happen. It's better to say "we will change the weapon" and change it, than  saying one day that the weapon is going to be changed and then "ahh we probably won't change it for now, maybe in the future dunno", just because community pressured to not change it.

And for the last note, if it's to be consistent with the server's philosophy, SS should not be changed. Also if it was to be changed, it should be changed already. The later the worst, the more people will spend DTs on the weapon, the more people will get frustrated.

Ok as you just mentioned, i will take my decision and care a F** what others may say or think. 

I wont even bother to keep reading this topic.

have fun.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Larva said:

Ok as you just mentioned, i will take my decision and care a F** what others may say or think. 

have fun.

And this is why Ultima is dying while other servers prosper. A lead admin that doesn't give a shit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don’t understand how it is that big a deal.
I mean, it feels like we are talking about removing the best weapon of this game or combo-locking it, but no one talked about such a big nerf.

If we consider the suggested range nerf, just a reminder of the values :
Mechgun Range : 85 (including Psycho Raven)
Handgun Range : 170
Rifle Range : 210

The range would still be way better than PR and not that far from rifles.
Hucast still has Water Gun for safe Mericarol sniping.
How is that going to change the world or make everyone feel like they’ve wasted DTs and PDs to max one ?
When the event ends, I am personally going to max one and enjoy using it whatever the nerf is. If there is none, all the better for my Hucast.

No one deserves an agressive reply for expressing their opinion and saying X should or should not be changed in a respectable way.

• Like 5

Thats why i said to think before put new stuff, all This crap can be easy avoid if you decide to put final itens  ingame. Só no One can make dramas about changes when hunting alot for something that Will not be what was when released. I still dont care if changes be made or not, i dont pay to play, but i can see if someone pay to play, they dont deserve This undefinition and some replys. Its a lack of respect for those that keeps server Alive with huge DT amount

Edited by Ricardo Gomes

I would like to know why @mudkipzjm's post was deleted/moderated/censored for saying something against the administrator behavior, while the real agressive and demagogic content on this topic started with @Larva's response:

7 hours ago, Larva said:

have fun.

Leaving a copy of the response here.

aPtBAS2.png?width=1042&height=544

So are we gonna start deleting/moderating thoughts that could be harmful to the server's public image?

Such hipocrisy.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 3

So, in short, you are saying that you are approving the use of inappropiate language in the forum. (Excluding larva for being the forum administrator.) 
If so, you don't mind getting banned do you ?

Calling hypocrits to your GM's team isn't the brightest idea either. 

Edit: The purpose for hiding mudkipzjm's reply was to protect both him and avoid him a warning point for inappropiate language, if you want to misunderstand it in any way you want, you can do it.

Edited by Protoss
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Protoss said:

So, in short, you are saying that you are approving the use of inappropiate language in the forum. (Excluding larva for being the forum administrator.) 

I'd point out a post on page one of this thread got edited due to language, and that was considerably worse than mud's post, which was deleted.

• Like 2

Actually I would like to know as well.

1 hour ago, Noob Saibot said:

So are we gonna start deleting/moderating thoughts that could be harmful to the server's public image?

Such hipocrisy.

Whatever the reason @Protoss hid Mud's reply (which is actually hidden, not deleted) doesn't reflect what other staff thinks.
I think (and hope) there was no attempt of that, because I think there hasn't been such thing in the past (afaik) and I do dislike the way @Larva replied.

2 hours ago, Ricardo Gomes said:

Thats why i said to think before put new stuff, all This crap can be easy avoid if you decide to put final itens  ingame. Só no One can make dramas about changes when hunting alot for something that Will not be what was when released. I still dont care if changes be made or not, i dont pay to play, but i can see if someone pay to play, they dont deserve This undefinition and some replys. Its a lack of respect for those that keeps server Alive with huge DT amount

It's clear we have been falling behind on stuff, there isn't really a set schedule (although there is a expected time) for events but this stuff is done with Love (if you know what I mean), people don't get paid to do this 24/7, so they do on their own time (but doesn't mean they must have to use their free time on this either).

While I don't want to excuse ourselves with that, well... I kinda have to... but anyway, the main thing I did want to say is that stuff doesn't have to be in it's final form when put out in the public, if it is, well cool, but stuff can change, the weapon was put out for the event, then after thinking on it more (and some lack of communication I guess) we thought that it was a little too much (which in the end doesn't seem to be, speaking about the rifle to handgun range).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Protoss said:

Honestly, trying to scare people isn't a good idea either.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Soly said:

Honestly, trying to scare people isn't a good idea either.

Thank you Soly,

Truly you maintain a professional and transparent demeanor. You are example for others to emulate, all we want as a community is leadership that listens, we all choose to be here. If you have to beat your chest say your in charge you never are... You need to be in charge of yourself first in order to lead. Appreciate the candid feedback and honesty. Cheers.

• Like 5

Soly and all other staff, i know you dont get payd for what you all are doing, like most of all, keep server Alive, i say and repeat that all the work are priceless because of that, all i keept saying is that you need to cover yourselfs or dont expose to This kind of dramas since all work is nonpay, if somehow i think you all get payd from larva, well, all replys here can be deserved lol 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Protoss said:

Feel free to ban me if you wish. I couldn't care less honestly.
You would do me a favor doing this. Go ahead.

Isn't what you always do? Threaten to ban people (even though it is a joke)?

This is how grateful some persons from Ultima are for everything I contributed to the server. Amazing. I always give constructive criticism when I try to prove my point. And now, I'm being threatened to be banned.

2 hours ago, Protoss said:

Calling hypocrits to your GM's team isn't the brightest idea either

Do you really know the context? I find hypocrite the fact his (@mudkipzjm's) post was censored (for whatever reason) when the server's administrator isn't even using the best or the most respectable of languages with someone that simply gave a constructive criticism. That's not an appropriate language for a leader. I fail to see how @jezbuz's post deserves such an aggressive answer from Larva.

2 hours ago, Soly said:

Whatever the reason @Protoss hid Mud's reply (which is actually hidden, not deleted) doesn't reflect what other staff thinks.
I think (and hope) there was no attempt of that, because I think there hasn't been such thing in the past (afaik) and I do dislike the way @Larva replied.

And I'm really thankful that persons like @Soly are part of staff. Thank you for being coherent with the context of the situation, and for everything you do for Ultima daily. @C01D1 used words that I couldn't describe better. He said everything I also think about you and the other staff members like @R-78. I truly appreciate everything you both do for our server.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Larva said:

have fun.

Thank you for showing us all how vacuous our leadership is.

Edit: the posts I didn't read past this one really solidified this statement.

Edited by EDEN

Honestly at this point people need to look within themselves, If you are full of keyboard warrior rage, then you leave no room to listen. @jezbuz and @Noob Saibot have gone above and beyond for this community and deserve the upmost respect, their opinions are as valid as everyone else's here and threats of a bans and getting cursed at are ridiculous and uncalled for. I know as leadership you become a target sometimes but you must be better then that and prove yourself with your actions and feedback to build trust in your community. You must be the example, nobody is perfect but if your in a position of power you must know that people are looking up to you to make just decisions and be fair. Good luck folks. I am done with this topic as its becoming a teenage wasteland. Cheers.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 6