Thoughts on Serene Swan and Impending Nerf

next time  think before posting, do you really think it is that simple to implament any new weapon in the game?

Edited by 3Psy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 3Psy said:

next time  think before posting, do you really think it is that simple to implament any nex weapon in the game?

I already saw that you did not think much while you put this stupid answer. I know that it is not difficult to implement items to the game, because in the Ultima server only basically skins are made in most cases. the difficult thing is to please the community, so I say and repeat, think before you launch items to the game without being sure it's your final version or close to it

Edit;  so that there is no such confusion as is happening here

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 2

I personally am fine with just removing the rifle range... Because it actually was never supposed to have both Rifle range and 4x Bullets. The event was late already, there have been some misunderstandings in the staff so we sincerely apologize about that late change.

The drop rate is ~1/1500, may sound hard but actually not that hard.

There are 80 sorcerers in MOTV part 1, assuming you take 15 minutes to clear it, that is an average of 93 min 45 secs to get a Serene Swan on shared style during Happy hours. Of course you certainly also want to hunt other items and not farm that lame quest only, but you have 4 weeks for this event. Larva wanted that event to last 4 weeks, which makes it the longest supposed event of the year. What's one dedicated full Happy hour to hunt the brand new and cool item in the whole 4-weeks-event?

Some people might be unlucky and need lot more runs to find one, but sadly we can only blame RNGsus. I know people who found it in 2-3 runs, and up to 2 SS in the same run.

If the weapon gets Grind nerfed (although I don't hope it happens) I am going to refund anyone who used grinders on it.

@Ricardo Gomes no one can know how good or bad exactly an item will be before actually experiencing it, there are many games that constantly do updates to nerf/buff classes in order to balance the game. @Soly worked hard enough to get that item to work.

Edited by R-78
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

@Ricardo Gomes no one can know how good or bad exactly an item will be before actually experiencing it, there are many games that constantly do updates to nerf/buff classes in order to balance the game. @Soly worked hard enough to get that item to work.

hi r-78, 

I'm not calling into question the work that you have, I know it's very difficult to manage and still implement new things, I just think there are ways to test the new ideas and you guys like Admin / Mod have alternatives to do the tests before launching in the server.
I have never criticized Soly nor the Mods (except one) because what they do is priceless, I said many years ago that I play with what the server gives me and I am happy with it, so I have the choice to use or do not.
sorry if I somehow offended some of the staff, that was not my intention

• Like 3

I actually like Serene Swan and i got 2 of them a couple of days ago like back to back runs.I'm just here to have fun and hunt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saber +7 said:

I don’t think there should be any nerfs. There’s a zillion busted items already. It’s the whole purpose. Let us have our fun. 

Big mood

Larva stays making bad decisions. Sometimes I wonder how most of us still manage to stick around . Probably cause we would have wasted all that time invested into this game . 

Let there be Uber weapons every once in a while man ... nerf the rates if you want but dam , this isn’t the first time a good weapon gets nerfed during the event . 

Edit: @MadOrNah , thanks Christian :onion107:

Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Stark 1 said:

Larva stays making bad decisions. Sometimes I wonder how most of us still manage to stick around . Probably cause we would have wasted all that time invested into this game . 

Let there be Uber weapons every once in a while man ... nerf the rates if you want but dam , this isn’t the first time a good weapon gets nerfed during the event . 

Edit: @MadOrNah , thanks Christian :onion107:

:) 

- Fully improved with grinders puts it as still weaker in ATP than seven other mechguns, with less of an ATA boost than five guns from the same list
- It has Devil's special, a downgrade from Demon's that forces almost double the special shots to connect to get comparable results (75k hp gets to <300 in four shots with demon, but needs 8 shots from Devil) 
- It's only going to drop for four weeks with a fairly uncommon rate

Reduce the bullets from 4 to 3 and give it handgun range instead of rifle. It's not going to win any damage battles compared to mechguns people already have built up anyway,  people aren't going to suddenly abandon RoCT for favor of Swan hoarding due to the relatively weaker special, and it only drops for a few weeks. It's a poor man's chance at an alternative to a Demon Yas9k that just happens to be a bit better at raw damage from afar, for a limited time only. What's the issue?

Edited by Kikori

I think it's fine as it is. A lot more broken items, but also a lot of quests on this server that are crappy to solo with certain characters/without 1 other competent player, so that kinda helps a little

Edit: maybe reduce the shots to 3 instead of 4 I guess. 

Also would be dope to know if changes happen or not, before I/others decide to sell other guns

Edited by Ford522
  • Like 1

I think the weapon is fine as it is. Hunters need something like this as a replacement for L&K38 and master raven. it is like the perfect blend between the two. people who actually play this game will understand how shitty it is vs ep2 miniboss mericarol etc that can spit at you before you are even in range to hit them. Perfect fix. 

Forces / hunewearl have Lindcray, angel harp, (bringers rifle) and are arguably more useful than hucast / hucaseal in this situation which is wrong lol.

rangers have many options and rightfully so as rangers.

Hunters had super soaker which you guys nerfed into the christmas cracker water gun.. and now it is barely used on this server. May as well have not been made at this point. I wasted dts / pds on getting 2 of them unique specials and adding 50 hit just to see them nerfed.... Please don't make the same mistake twice.

Also in this day and age most of the quests we have here have very large enemy counts per spawn. A single target weapon with rifle range is not in any way shape or form broken. Its still a situational weapon. 

• Like 5

Spoiler
1 hour ago, rashan0121 said:

I think the weapon is fine as it is. Hunters need something like this as a replacement for L&K38 and master raven. it is like the perfect blend between the two. people who actually play this game will understand how shitty it is vs ep2 miniboss mericarol etc that can spit at you before you are even in range to hit them. Perfect fix. 

Forces / hunewearl have Lindcray, angel harp, (bringers rifle) and are arguably more useful than hucast / hucaseal in this situation which is wrong lol.

rangers have many options and rightfully so as rangers.

Hunters had super soaker which you guys nerfed into the christmas cracker water gun.. and now it is barely used on this server. May as well have not been made at this point. I wasted dts / pds on getting 2 of them unique specials and adding 50 hit just to see them nerfed.... Please don't make the same mistake twice.

Also in this day and age most of the quests we have here have very large enemy counts per spawn. A single target weapon with rifle range is not in any way shape or form broken. Its still a situational weapon. 

I was about to write my thoughts on the weapon, but then rashan summarized my thoughts perfectly. 

I'm completely against with the nerf of the rifle range. What makes the weapon more interesting it's the fact of having rifle range and being equipable by hunters, because that adds something on your playstyle (for example, to deal with the farthest plants on tower in ROCT, LHB etc).

I think the weapon is good as it is and i'm really against any change. The weapon doesn't even compares to other broken weapons like Charge/Demon Yas9k, weapons which i don't see anyone worried about nerfing.

Edited by jezbuz
  • Like 3

I still defend the idea of nerfing it into the ground. Always love a good 1/1500 drop rate novelty item you can only get once a year to add to our extensive repertoire 

50 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

equipable by hunters, because that's what it adds something on your playstyle

We don't allow class diversity here. Either play a ranger and laugh your way through the content with their broken weapons or gtfo

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On a more serious note. How the hell can you not know how a weapon will do? Maybe test it? Do some basic middle school math?

Either way, we have so many broke ass weapons in this game and here we are pissing our pants about a dinky single target pistol. I'd rather you left it alone than make it another waste of everyone's time.

People don't even want to hunt it out of fear that you'll nerf it to shit just like you have in the past, as you can see in the posts above. Take heed, dear mods. The people have spoken.

Edited by EDEN
  • Dw 1