Thoughts on the new vet system?

This has been a hot topic recently, with clear lines being drawn between the player community.

Let's hear what you think...

Don't fix what isn't broken?

Change for the better?

This will be a safe place to express your opinions.

• Like 1

I personally would like to see more colors in names, dunno about the new system but a different color for every 2-3 years would be cool.

What they've done here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. It baffles me that this vacuous, injudicious system was even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this server is now dumber for being subjected to it. May God have mercy on your souls.

3 minutes ago, nnorton44 said:

This has been a hot topic recently, with clear lines being drawn between the player community.

Let's hear what you think...

Don't fix what isn't broken?

Change for the better?

This will be a safe place to express your opinions.

I thought it was fine in the original way, just based on long years. Even if some accounts were inactive, the people that wanted to come back after a few years got to have that extra little incentive. As someone who was on here back in 2010/2011, it's nice seeing old returning players come back and re-live memories. 

If they were TOTALLY inactive accounts with like 0 posts and rep, sure, they don't need to have a vet status or can work their way towards it.  

There are plenty of players who play the game and don't have forum accounts or aren't active on the forum at all.

4 minutes ago, duja1001 said:

I personally would like to see more colors in names, dunno about the new system but a different color for every 2-3 years would be cool.

Let's keep this on topic please.

• Dw 1

Seeing as it's just a colored name I really just don't have an opinion.

Either I wait 4 more months or I get to keep it. :cr-dunno:

1 minute ago, RIPBenny said:

I'm not sure I actually care how the system works, but the off topic section has been popping off and it's been fun

there's been a lot of people joining in and actually messaging and having fun. people remembering it's a game and letting loose a little. it's made a couple of us come back and play.

I personally liked the old system because who cared if they didn't play for a while. I took a 2 year break. Also I don't really care about rep on the forum. My rep is in the game. That is the only place that really matters for rep is how well you play the game. And yes the off topic section has been hopping and it's been fun seeing what everyone likes or how they are lol. I think I'm going to keep posting random stuff just to keep it going lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally agree with Norton.

Modifying the veteran system and how it works currently isn't the most problematic thing right now. However, dwelling deeper into cases such as people not obeying the Terms of Service (for example, having multiple accounts, etc.) seems like something that the administrators should put more effort in. This is only but an opinion, but I think that focusing on things that the people are more concerned would be a more effective and helpful way to preserve ultima and keep a great community.

• Like 4
  • Dw 1