Saturday Morning Traditions?

Faelynn

Ok who here has a Saturday morning tradition. Mine is going to get hot Krispy Kreme donuts and catching up on anime. Growing up it was always Saturday morning cartoons which now days they suck lol.

So lets see who has a Saturday morning tradition?

Just now, RIPBenny said:

Great topic! For me its posting original content to the psobb ultima forums! Excited to see what everyone else does on Saturday mornings!

Do we get anything special when we post original content?

And Saturday morning I like to eat breakfast.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nnorton44 said:

Do we get anything special when we post original content?

And Saturday morning I like to eat breakfast.

I don't know, but it would be nice if you got a special reward for hitting a certain content count score!

What do you like to eat for breakfast?

4 minutes ago, RIPBenny said:

I don't know, but it would be nice if you got a special reward for hitting a certain content count score!

What do you like to eat for breakfast?

Lucky Charms

43 minutes ago, RIPBenny said:

Great topic! For me its posting original content to the psobb ultima forums! Excited to see what everyone else does on Saturday mornings!

Yep figured it would get everyone rolling since it was way to quite yesterday lol.Ā 

34 minutes ago, nnorton44 said:

Lucky Charms

The breakfast of champions lol.

29 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Eat breakfast and do laundryĀ :D

I should be doing laundry lol but meh that is for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Every day just feels like one endless blur to me, each day passses into the next; a cohesive pattern that bears no semblance of hope. The concept of morning is lost -- gone, nowhere to be found; the harder I search for it, the more it slips through my grasp. The hours fly by, and before I know it, my mind is bewildered by light peeking through the miniscule gaps in my blackout blinds. Teasing me of what exists in the outside world.

My mind is a prison, my room is the cell.

The illusion of balance has shattered, there is no yin and yang, light or dark, morning or night. Time simply does not exist for me in the same manner as it does for @RIPBennyĀ or @McLaughlin86Ā or even people with overwhelmingly large foreheads. If I "wake up" at 10am, is this my Saturday morning? If I wake up at 5pm every day, can it still be consideredĀ myĀ Saturday morning? Morning can be anything, though not entirely through my choice, it's an endless struggle where I desperately look to just grab hold of whatever I can that could represent aĀ bedtime.

Ā 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zabby said:

Every day just feels like one endless blur to me, each day passses into the next; a cohesive pattern that bears no semblance of hope. The concept of morning is lost -- gone, nowhere to be found; the harder I search for it, the more it slips through my grasp. The hours fly by, and before I know it, my mind is bewildered by light peeking through the miniscule gaps in my blackout blinds. Teasing me of what exists in the outside world.

My mind is a prison, my room is the cell.

The illusion of balance has shattered, there is no yin and yang, light or dark, morning or night. Time simply does not exist for me in the same manner as it does for @RIPBennyĀ or @McLaughlin86Ā or even people with overwhelmingly large foreheads. If I "wake up" at 10am, is this my Saturday morning? If I wake up at 5pm every day, can it still be consideredĀ myĀ Saturday morning? Morning can be anything, though not entirely through my choice, it's an endless struggle where I desperately look to just grab hold of whatever I can that could represent aĀ bedtime.

Ā 

This is art in its purest form. Truly a marvel of the modern world. And I think that you bring up a great point. You know, there seems to be a running theme among young adults in today's America (UK is like our son) where it becomes a struggle for us to live like our fathers before us. In these times we are all connected by the internet, but it is but a fickle and superficial connection. I believe that forming and maintaining these connections releases dopamine and endorphins in the brain and we become addicted to it. It becomes very easy for us to sit in front of a screen and feel good while time and life flies by untended. I'm not sure if this is the root of the cause, but It is definitely a major player in this game.

So, in essence, we are required to spend much less effort to feel the same rewards vsĀ people even 20 years ago before the influx of desktop computers into the modern household. People tend to spend all day and all night basically releasing feel good chemicals into their system for free. The days blur together, and the missed morning represent missed opportunities. It becomes an endless cycle. How to we break it? Is this depression? Is this the pinnacle of the human condition? I can't say, and I think that you are seeing the puzzle that plagues our society today. I think it makes for an interesting discussion.Ā 

Back in the day, my dad would just beat me and cure this nonsense out of me. But in these new times of political correctedness and soft ladymen, beating your children is frowned upon. This makes it tough for our elders to break through to us through our thin soft skins. In effect, we are all that we have. I love you guys even though my most physical connection to you guys is a wirelessly transmitted series of 1s and 0s.Ā I think as a community we need to (metaphorically) hold each other up and heal together.Ā Let's make our mornings mornings again.Ā 

Thanks, Zabby, for your beautifully poetic and thought provoking post. <3.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RIPBenny said:

This is art in its purest form. Truly a marvel of the modern world. And I think that you bring up a great point. You know, there seems to be a running theme among young adults in today's America (UK is like our son) where it becomes a struggle for us to live like our fathers before us. In these times we are all connected by the internet, but it is but a fickle and superficial connection. I believe that forming and maintaining these connections releases dopamine and endorphins in the brain and we become addicted to it. It becomes very easy for us to sit in front of a screen and feel good while time and life flies by untended. I'm not sure if this is the root of the cause, but It is definitely a major player in this game.

So, in essence, we are required to spend much less effort to feel the same rewards vsĀ people even 20 years ago before the influx of desktop computers into the modern household. People tend to spend all day and all night basically releasing feel good chemicals into their system for free. The days blur together, and the missed morning represent missed opportunities. It becomes an endless cycle. How to we break it? Is this depression? Is this the pinnacle of the human condition? I can't say, and I think that you are seeing the puzzle that plagues our society today. I think it makes for an interesting discussion.Ā 

Back in the day, my dad would just beat me and cure this nonsense out of me. But in these new times of political correctedness and soft ladymen, beating your children is frowned upon. This makes it tough for our elders to break through to us through our thin soft skins. In effect, we are all that we have. I love you guys even though my most physical connection to you guys is a wirelessly transmitted series of 1s and 0s.Ā I think as a community we need to (metaphorically) hold each other up and heal together.Ā Let's make our mornings mornings again.Ā 

Thanks, Zabby, for your beautifully poetic and thought provoking post. <3.

Thank you Benny for engaging in this discussion with me, I think maybe together, myself with the knowledge of almost everything in the universe that has ever existed, coupled with your unparalleled knowledge of dads, we can dismantle this issue at its very core.Ā 

What do you propose we do? To remove this "blurred day" theory. That's what we'll name it.

2 minutes ago, Zabby said:

Thank you Benny for engaging in this discussion with me, I think maybe together, myself with the knowledge of almost everything in the universe that has ever existed, coupled with your unparalleled knowledge of dads, we can dismantle this issue at its very core.Ā 

What do you propose we do? To remove this "blurred day" theory. That's what we'll name it.

Ah yes, the Blurred Day Paradox.

I think it would be tough for just 2 lads on the psobb ultima forums to make a significant difference. But 'ultima'tely I think we must start by first being the change that we wish to see. Every little bit helps.Ā 

Here's what I propose we do. We need to start creating and distributing propaganda and lobby with the senate to create more leniency and sway the public opinion on the punishment of our children. Back in my dad's day, you would get a solid beating to set you straight if you misbehaved in school. Where did that go? We need our fathers and community leaders to govern over us with an unwavering steel fist.Ā 

I said that to say this: if my dad administers me a nice beating in the morning if I don't wake up at 6 AM sharp, you can be darn sure I'll be getting up that morning. This is the best solution I can think of, it's really foolproof. Today's children and young adults are plagued with what I like to call "Snowflake Syndrome". But you know, nothing is special anymore if everything is special. And we need to enforce a powerful mentality to help heal our nations.

I propose we bring back dad's beatings. However, I'm open to discuss other suggestion if anyone has a solid approach to this conundrum. Together, let's make our mornings mornings again.

I must say that what both RIPBenny and Zabby said are not only extremely valid, but should be considered throughout the day, as it very distinctively represents and contrasts how people had responded, whether physically, verbally, and even emotionally only a couple years ago, as to how people respond now. This situation is definitely something that people can find that they relate to, whether they were born in the 80's, 90's, or even early 2000's. No matter what, there is something all of us have in common. With that being said, we must coalesce and, not forget the differences we have within one another, but accept and even embrace them.Ā 

I must say, with no doubt, that we have not guaranteed that we sufficed each other's expectations with regards to accepting our differences. The true geniuses are the ones who genuinely know that the world is not perceived the same in everyone's mind. I simply cannot stress this ideal and have a large consensus listen to me, so it is not just my job, but yours as well to spread this around. This could be as small as comparing school rules back then to school rules in a modernized society. But it could also be as big as comparing the works of leaders such as President George Washington to newer, more recent presidents like Barack Hussein Obama and Donald John Trump.Ā 

There are billions of people on this world. However, if you think about it, you realize that, as different as you and I are, we have at least one thing in common. We do what we believe is correct in our morals that were shaped genetically, shaped by how we were raised, and shaped by the people we meet all over the place.

Thanks, RIPBenny and Zabby, for your beautifully poetic and thought provoking postļ»æ. <3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPBenny said:

Ah yes, the Blurred Day Paradox.

I think it would be tough for just 2 lads on the psobb ultima forums to make a significant difference. But 'ultima'tely I think we must start by first being the change that we wish to see. Every little bit helps.Ā 

Here's what I propose we do. We need to start creating and distributing propaganda and lobby with the senate to create more leniency and sway the public opinion on the punishment of our children. Back in my dad's day, you would get a solid beating to set you straight if you misbehaved in school. Where did that go? We need our fathers and community leaders to govern over us with an unwavering steel fist.

Together, let's make our mornings mornings again.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, yeyy said:

I must say that what both RIPBenny and Zabby said are not only extremely valid, but should be considered throughout the day...Ā 

There are billions of people on this world. However, if you think about it, you realize that, as different as you and I are, we have at least one thing in common. We do what we believe is correct in our morals that were shaped genetically, shaped by how we were raised, and shaped by the people we meet all over the place.

Thanks, RIPBenny and Zabby, for your beautifully poetic and thought provoking postļ»æ. <3.

You both bring up such valid points, my mind races desperately to come to conclusions and find new solutions, I'm fumbling in my mind, tripping over the thoughts and ideas that hold me back. But I remain steadfast in my goal, and together with Benny (and the motivation from Yey) I believe we can come up with the Ultima[te] solution, and we start by testing in select lobbies in this very server. Over time we can expand to new regions and collect data, and then extrapolate said data to discover and learn about the various patterns and changes that transpire.Ā 

I nominate Benny as my right-hand man, he will be the outgoing force, the people person. Unrivaled people skills and untouchable intellect coupled together is a force to be reckoned with. However this time, we use these traits for the good of mankind, starting with our little community here at Ultima PSO hosted by Larva. Unfortunately he doesn't seem too interested in breaking the Blurred Day Paradox.Ā 

• Like 1