Game pad not working

My buddy downloaded pso and is trying to play with a gamepad. The game pad works perfectly until he loads into the lobby. The game pad also works perfectly fpr everything else on his pc. Is there some sort of glitch that disables gamepad when loading into a lobby? 

47 minutes ago, velociti said:

Try setting some of the controller keybinds in the options menu. I've used controller once and don't have any other useful info to provide.

He tried that. He can't configure anything because the game wont recognize his inputs. This only happens once he makes the connection with the server. 

What gamepad are you using?

Are you using the latest driver for the gamepad?

Computer OS used?

Computer specs?

FWIW, I've got a Logitech F310 and it works on PSOBB with zero issues.

5 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

What gamepad are you using?

Are you using the latest driver for the gamepad?

Computer OS used?

Computer specs?

FWIW, I've got a Logitech F310 and it works on PSOBB with zero issues.

Its windows 10 and he's using an xbox one controller. Again the controller works for everything including pso up until the server connects and he loads into the lobby. This leads me to believe it has something to do with ports. The application was also given full access and exceptions from firewall. I had a similar issue with my own game. When the game connected to lobby my sound would cut out. I tried everything and only a full system restore fixed it. He doesnt want to do that so i was hoping someone may have found what is actually causing this issue. 

Actually considering what Foxen just went through with her recent attempts to modify her controller layout according to Soly, this seems to be a server side issue IMHO.

Controller and keyboard settings are saved server side, therefore there is likely an issue with the server client recognizing the Xbox controller altogether. ( it is pretty new hardware and this game is friggin' OLD)

IMHO:

Long term solution, get another controller other than an Xbox one. (I recommend the Logitech F310, software has programmable/assignable keyboard functions/buttons, they're cheap and it works flawlessly with PSOBB, I know because I own several of them)

Short term solution, hopefully Soly will chime in and pray he figures out what's going on.

Good luck!

Edited by Trigunman
1 hour ago, Trigunman said:

Actually considering what Foxen just went through with her recent attempts to modify her controller layout according to Soly, this seems to be a server side issue IMHO.

Controller and keyboard settings are saved server side, therefore there is likely an issue with the server client recognizing the Xbox controller altogether. ( it is pretty new hardware and this game is friggin' OLD)

IMHO:

Long term solution, get another controller other than an Xbox one. (I recommend the Logitech F310, software has programmable/assignable keyboard functions/buttons, they're cheap and it works flawlessly with PSOBB, I know because I own several of them)

Short term solution, hopefully Soly will chime in and pray he figures out what's going on.

Good luck!

Thank you!! I will have him try my controller. Its an Amazon basic xbox controller and works very well for me. He has only tried xbox brand controllers. I will also see if other controllers would work. I'll be back with updates. 

Ahhhh, it was a driver issue after all.  No surprise I guess with Windows 10...  Blah.  

That reminds me, I gotta upgrade to Win 8 by the end of year, MS support for Win 7 ends in 2020...  *facepalm*

Update: I found out that windows 10 has a universal controller input driver that comes with some versions of the software. If you ever have problems with controller inputs just try deleting the driver. The system will always download a new driver when you plug in a new device as long as there isn't one that already exists for it.