How to get rare items

HazySolidFlame

Hi, I'm a new player with a level 20 Fomar. I originally played pso on the dreamcast and have fond memories of the game. Unfortunately my memory is foggy on how I acquired my good loot. 

I used to cherish my Double Saber and Spread Needle (and later a double brand), however I have no clue where or how I got them. Is there a guide or similar for such items. 

Also, is there any particular ways to gain meseta quickly? Feeding my mag is draining all of my funds. 

• Like 1

Greetings HazySolidFlame and welcome to Ultima!

For finding any non-event rares, consult the drop table here:

Ultima Drop Tables

For server exclusive and event drops, look here:

When Can I Hunt _________? Guide to Ultima Server Events

As far as meseta goes, occasionally the GMs will setup a meseta room full of stacks of 999,999 meseta!

Therefore, keep a sharp eye open when you see it on the room list in the lobby and try to get in.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay here!

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 4

Meseta rooms are usually announced in the forum's chatbox, and in-game by a GM at the time of making it. They don't last forever, but it also means people who luck into it can spot you a sizable chunk of money to help you start up.

• Like 1

Back in the day on Dreamcast people would pipe in and out with the telepipe to get rare mob spawns. Doesn't work for psobb. Rare mobs have a good chance of rare drops. If I remember this server on occasion will boost rare mob occurrence, the way to know if its on or off is if your name is green in the lobby, correct me if I'm wrong. Also every now and then exp rate will be x5 for 2 weeks. Type /exp to see the rate, its x3 by default and x2 past lvl 140 or so if I recall.

On 7/1/2019 at 3:49 AM, velociti said:

Back in the day on Dreamcast people would pipe in and out with the telepipe to get rare mob spawns. Doesn't work for psobb. Rare mobs have a good chance of rare drops. If I remember this server on occasion will boost rare mob occurrence, the way to know if its on or off is if your name is green in the lobby, correct me if I'm wrong. Also every now and then exp rate will be x5 for 2 weeks. Type /exp to see the rate, its x3 by default and x2 past lvl 140 or so if I recall.

Ultima doesn't need pipe trick, Green name makes like 1/3 monster rare...

Exp x5 doesn't necessarily last 2 weeks, it can be 2 days, it can be 2 months... all up to Larva.

And Exp x3/x2 change takes effect at lvl 160.