Donations Item list?

NOT RECOMMENDED!

If you need something, ask what you need in shout-box. The donation item list is overpriced, trading with other players will save you money (and you can get better / more stats from trades rather than 40% in anything but hit when using donation item list stuff.)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HopeRidesAlone said:

What is the currency that is used to trade with other players? I am mostly just looking for High lvl techs ATM because i am not sure what gear or items i need to play an endgame force

Techs aren't suggested for end-game force, besides the support ones and a couple others ones that are useful. PDs are the base currency, but DTs are pretty much 'premium' currency. DTs are used for the more expensive things.

Here's a guide I wrote awhile ago that lists end-game gear for the 3 main classes:

1) Donation list can be access from navigation bar under "Donations" > "Item Donation List" on the top right of every page.

2) The items are intentionally overpriced to promote trading.  If you're just looking for high level techs, you can normally get lv1-27 free and lv28-29 for a handful of pd from other players.  That being said tech damage falls off very fast, so you might be better off looking for good gear instead.

2 hours ago, HopeRidesAlone said:

I honestly really like using techs with the force so i will probably stick to that for better or worse.

Techs are actually pretty effective in Ep 4. But the main reason they aren't suggested in Ep 1 in 2 is that techs aren't as effective. There's this glitch(?) called Damage Cancel(DMC for short), which is present in most versions of PSO, where if you and someone else damage something at the same time, one of the damages will be cancelled, usually the lower one. Techs are especially bad at this since a lot them are AOE and therefore can damage cancel a lot. It's fine to use techs if you're in a solo party, but just keep in mine usually spamming techs in a party just ends up making things harder and longer than they need to be. Also, tech damage just kind of sucks in Ultimate for most of Ep 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Techs are actually pretty effective in Ep 4. But the main reason they aren't suggested in Ep 1 in 2 is that techs aren't as effective. There's this glitch(?) called Damage Cancel(DMC for short), which is present in most versions of PSO, where if you and someone else damage something at the same time, one of the damages will be cancelled, usually the lower one. Techs are especially bad at this since a lot them are AOE and therefore can damage cancel a lot. It's fine to use techs if you're in a solo party, but just keep in mine usually spamming techs in a party just ends up making things harder and longer than they need to be. Also, tech damage just kind of sucks in Ultimate for most of Ep 2.

Thanks for the heads up! my buddies and I just got back into the game and while they're figuring out which classes and builds they're going towards I'm very happy with my force. I just want to try and get the best gear i can.

It's not too hard to get a budget force build going. Psycho Wand is 20 PDs at most at the moment, and Hylian Shield is around 15 DTs. There's several different choices for Frame that force can use but most go with Mother Garb + for the TP reduction. Can also go for Wedding Dress at level 191 whenever you get there. Melee force is a lot more expensive to gear, though, so that'll probably be a bit later down the line.

11 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

It's not too hard to get a budget force build going. Psycho Wand is 20 PDs at most at the moment, and Hylian Shield is around 15 DTs. There's several different choices for Frame that force can use but most go with Mother Garb + for the TP reduction. Can also go for Wedding Dress at level 191 whenever you get there. Melee force is a lot more expensive to gear, though, so that'll probably be a bit later down the line.

What if i made the mistake of creating a FOnewm?

Just now, HopeRidesAlone said:

What if i made the mistake of creating a FOnewm?

Honestly any of the Forces are very playable. If you want to play a teching Force, then FOnewm is a good choice.

57 minutes ago, HopeRidesAlone said:

What armor would you recommend then? I was looking at the samurai armor but i don't know if it's viable,

It has a tech boost to Foie techs, so it's pretty decent. It's up to you, but it's between MG+. Wedding Dress, or Samurai Armor. Can also use Dress Plate for places you need dark resist.