Be Honest

McLaughlin86

A lot of you have played here for a long time and are probably tightly knit with some others around here. Think to yourself about one of the closest people you have from here. I want you to put into words how you came to befriend each other, describe how you've helped each other and the best memory you have. It doesn't matter whether or not it's related to PSO. I just want people to surprise someone else with their gratitude.

If you participate, you'll receive something nice from me as well (: but only if what you write is honest!

I'll start...

@griffeni and I started talking some time back in 2015. I distinctly remember him constantly in the lobby trying to get into the left pillar with the jank lobby counter glitch. Once he finally did it, I noticed him and commented on how he "beat the game" and he can retire from PSO. He thought it was funny and we just kinda talked ever since and started playing from that point on.

Griff is kind of a shithead, kind of a dumbass, but at the end of the day trying to be a good friend and that's all I could ask for. I think I'm there to pick his mind when something is on his mind and he does the same for me. I have a plethora of good memories with him. We've gone camping together, gotten drunk and shittalked about life, people and women endlessly, made fun of each other, played endless amounts of games and so on. That's really all I could ask for in a friend. I'll always keep on checking in with the homie no matter how many years go on.

This is really an example of what I'm looking for from some of you. Just write whatever you want about whoever you want (in a friendly way of course).

I know I talk a lot of BS here, but I believe in doing something positive from time to time.

Hope to hear from you all. Much love.

- Patrick

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy, do I have something to say about the best person I met on here, and they would most likely think the same about me. My best friend @Saber +7. He is probably the kindest person to be in this community, and I must give him the respect and care he deserves. He may not be the best at the game (that's where I come to teach him a bit of my experiences in PSO), but he sure is such a motivational person! Though he may not be the best at buffing and helping the squad in-game, he gives the greatest motivation a squad could ever ask for. So, with that being said, thank you Colorado Wilson. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I might not have a specific person in mind but this community in general is just wonderful. Especially everyone on TriForce. Everyone was extremely supportive of me and my streaming which eventually led to playing other games outside of PSO with some of them. 

If I had to credit just one person though it would probably be @EDEN since he was the one that invited me to join the team. Frosty and I were hopelessly spamming CCA's during a x5 event to level our first characters. Eden was either hosting one or just happened to join and see just how bad we were. DMC all over the place, full clearing every room instead of just killing what was needed to progress efficiently, Rabarta spam, the works. He not only corrected us politely but took it a step further by bringing us under the wing of the team and showering us with items. Including multiple maxed out weapons that he allowed me to borrow to assist with my leveling. Since then I've exchanged numbers with several others on the team and even made plans to meet up IRL. 

Outside of the game Eden is also a very smart and talented person when it comes to fixing things. And I've gotten his advice on numerous projects since then. Including exchanging recipes since we both love to cook.

Hope this is what you were looking for. There can be so many humans in this world that will get you down. But you can't let them. Focus on the positive and don't lose yourself in overthinking things and allow yourself to see not only the bad, but the good in humanity as well. Love you brodda <3

PS: Your Mario game is top tier [/edit]

Edited by Dutch Ride
  • Like 4

@griffeni and @McLaughlin86 I've known for about 3 and a half years now. I met griff back when I first joined Aensland(dead team lul) after doing a few RT runs with him to try and help him get his first PGF. My first real interaction with him was him correcting me on how to Gal Gryphon. I met Pat doing a POD run with another person, and I recall his opinion wasn't too highly of me at first, lmao. Anyways after awhile I joined a Skype group with these lads and few others and get pretty close with them. We've moved to discord now cuz fuk skype, but either way, I hold a special place for both of these lads and couldn't ask for better friends.

I think I also have to mention @Usagi(not to be confused to with the other one) as well. She's been a really good friend to me and I've hope I've been the same to her. She's one of the few people I could probably talk endlessly to and I really appreciate her and have a lot of respect for her given her circumstances.

• Like 6

I would actually have to first start off by saying that at the beginning the person who went above and beyond for me was @radezz . He literally gifted me a decent start, I got to know alot about him in general in his PD shops and he helped me cheer up through some brutal times in my RL. After that I would think it was @starscreme we did so much hunting together and had some great laughs over our time gaming together.  @serverus and @R-78 have been great as GMs and very responsive. Mio even trusted me enough with his DM a few times to help me grind solo. and @Fyrewolf5 has been a great source of knowledge and fun to hunt with during events (He knows every exploit haha). Last but not least I would say my awesome team Tri Force, over all a great bunch of guys and gals to game with that doesn`t take things to serious much like myself, it adds alot to my enjoyment here.

This server has a majority of great people, not enough time in the day to list them all, but honestly thank you for giving us a good spot to play the old game we have grown to love. Cheers.

• Like 6

There was a time where I did not want to play in this community anymore if it werent for a few people.   Those people were @Mayte , @Faelynn,  and @Moiy Sanchez .   These 3 made things easier and gave me a solid group of people to play with.   We had loads of fun on which ever quest we ran.   From @Mayte , @Cyane , @Mr Noob, and myself running PoD all the way to running RoCT with @Faelynn  and a few randoms.  All in All we had loads of fun.   Nowadays I play with one of the coolest people in the community, Mrs. @Faelynn ,  her and I are able to joke, laugh, hunt, or whatever and still have fun without all the drama.  

@R-78 and I used to run alot of stuff together.   I remember doing desert runs followed by PoD  hunting for rupikas so long ago.  :)   @R-78 has always been a great person and be able to watch this person grow within the community all the way to a GM is the best thing I couldve asked for.  :)   Great Job !!!!! 

Some Honorable mentions :

There are too many good people here to mention all of them.

@serverus - Well rounded GM with a sense of humor.  Regardless of the circumstance,  he always is very helpful and a good teammate when running whatever.

@Soly -  Great person and its always a pleasure to be able to talk/meet someone that knows the technical lingo.  :)

@Starlord - why not ,  seems like a good guy LOL :)  

@Terrybriggs711

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I remember the first time I met @Zabby I just saw his Avatar called Cyldefrog and i already knew he was a South Park fan lol, I started to talk to him about the show and just regular life bs and we became super cool afterwards. Another good friend of mines is @yeyy we did that ep 4 mission for the type weapons and I remember he let me keep his... I like it when people give me free stuff, so me and him have been on great terms since then. I have a lot of other people who i would like to mention, but they have already been mentioned like 2-3 times by people before me and will probably get more mentions after me :"L

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lone Ranger said:

I remember the first time I met @Zabby I just saw his Avatar called Cyldefrog and i already knew he was a South Park fan lol, I started to talk to him about the show and just regular life bs and we became super cool afterwards. Another good friend of mines is @yeyy we did that ep 4 mission for the type weapons and I remember he let me keep his... I like it when people give me free stuff, so me and him have been on great terms since then. I have a lot of other people who i would like to mention, but they have already been mentioned like 2-3 times by people before me and will probably get more mentions after me :"L

Opps I cant forget you buddy @Lone Ranger  ...  good old Sogi :)

• Thanks 1

@mudkipzjm
He basically became my dad when I came back from a large break years ago. Even till now he's probably been dealing with some of my shit lol. I remember having a skype group with him and 2 others, and although it split, at some point there was another group made with more people in it, which then kinda went over to a disord server.

@McLaughlin86
Even at random times, this boi loves to come around and randomly pm me once or twice. No matter what kinda convo you might want to talk about with someone, this boi probably has a response and or has a way to have a convo, with probably about any topic. Shout outs to when I made him really bad stream templates.

@Lone Ranger

I couldn't ask for a better guild dad. I remember him before he even got his first lvl 200 back around when I came back to Ultima. He helped me get my first PGF, and really probably puts too much effort into being nice to those he has under his wings.

@griffeni
He was also one of the people that befriended me way back when. I remember trying to help him hunt things in the past, although usually he would find things around when I wasn't there to help. :L 

This is all I can think of at the moment, and I'm sorry for those close to me that I haven't mentioned here.

• Like 4

I like lots of people in this server but in first, I think about UPS team ! All guys are like my family, with my lil bro @Emile, the grumpy uncle @JupiterDeMars too, our mom @R-78, cousin @3Psy... and others (As Grandpa @Noopy) Thank you guys to support me, for all the funny moments and... everything ! JE VOUS AIME, même toi Bob ! <3

@Noob Saibot You're my special friendo and have a big place in my heart since the moment when you run after me because you didn't want MecaZora get married with Jugram x)

@Link1990 You're my fav noob, after Noob saibot ! xDDD I like talking and playing with you bro !

@mudkipzjm special message for you afk boy ! I appreciate talking with you too :P

I can write a list as long as my arm, with nearly all people I met in game, 'cause you're all nice and it's a pleasure to play with all of you in the Ultima village !
Thank you Jimmy, Kali, Franky, Riva, Deniz, Mimi, Jezzy Buzzy, Ricardo, Serkel,Jesus, Terror and... all others ! <3
@QU33N-B33 Come back please My Qu33n ! <3

Edited by Zeldya
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

To (probably my best friends) @Emewn and @Trigunman.

These two have been there through thick and thin, let me start off with that. I LOVE these two to death. We all have a friendship trio like no other, and I cannot express that in words.

We laugh, we play around, we tease each other a lot, but let's be real for a minute.

To start off, Emewm has given me information so woke that I have actually forgotten how to sleep. He teaches me that you can become anything if you set your mind to it. For example, he has been convincing himself for years that he is African American. Though it may be untrue, he has somehow convinced himself that he is actually black, so I must give him respect for thinking he has become who he strives to be.

And as for Trigunman, I must also give this man so much respect. Since he is 84 years old, the experiences and knowledge he has gathered over the years has made me think he is the wisest person in the community. His name is also "Trigunman", which is the name of an anime character, and his profile picture is an anime person, so he is only able to give factual information.

All in all, we three make a squad like no other. We will continue to grow our friendship until the day we die! :)

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 4
  • Dw 3

I just wanted to pass by and give a quick shoutout to our most; equally annoying and funny member @yeyy
I know him since my beginnings over here and oof my ears are still bleeding from that Discord era.

Keep it classy Rare-Drop.

Edit: On a serious note my Ultima trivia is available over here https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/218-introduce-yourself/&do=findComment&comment=200906

Edited by Lipelis
  • Like 3

I wanna give a huge shout-out to @JADE I don't really need to say much, we all know what she's about.

Not only helping me and countless others with the best mags money can buy, but also always being cheerful and always something interesting to talk about.

@C01D1 this guy became an instant buddy, helping me get back up and running after a 2-4 year hiatus. Coming back to all the new weapons and new things was quite a bit to take in. He also invited me to join Triforce, a team I'm proud to be on.

@Saber +7 coming back to pso it was hard to find anyone to do battle mode and challenge mode, he showed me the ropes and helped me relearn my favorite 2 things about pso. It was an honor learning from him and @Shoutgu , cannot wait to give you these hands next battle tournament.

There are many more and I'm happy to say most of them are in the team I'm on. 

Also a huge shout out to @Lemon  @Trigunman @bobshlibidich @nnorton44

@Tiel @Dutch Ride @RocketTots amazing people who I've played with, each with an awesome personality and bring something fun and exciting to the table, along with good info and support.

Edited by duja1001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd want to speak about some people but they either:

1. have stopped playing or

2. don't understand English.

Also I haven't been here for a long time, so I don't even qualify

Edited by bobshlibidich
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1