Endgame Battle FO Gears

Colt

Heyo! I'm kinda an on/off kinda player (I just can't seem to stay away from this game!) and I am back wondering how I can go about sorta... "finalizing" my gearset for my FOmarl/FOmar! Most times I just have a general loadout using as much gear between them as I pretty much can, and find that I use some gear significantly less than other gear. I usually have soloability on the mind, but I also like to party with others as well! I'll leave my gearset here and will be open to suggestions on what I can adjust and what else I can go for!

Key:
Pink: FOmarl only.
Blue: FOmar only.

Weapons:

• Sacred Bow (100/0/100/0/80) This is usually my go-between for range single targeting Natives and Machines. I feel it has nice base attack comparable to a Lindcray, and I also use for skee shooting Dark special. I feel it's more useful on the FOmar since his rifle animation is faster.
  • Lindcray (0/100/0/100/80)
  • Rambling May (0/100/0/100/80)
  • Rage De Glace (0/0/100/100/80) Tbh, I'm not sure where this is best used. Does pretty good range single target damage, and is very accurate. Nice freeze special too, but is it worth using alongside a RM/Lindcray?
  • Samba's Fiesta (0/0/0/0/80)
  • Bringer's Rifle (0/0/0/0/80) Mainly for enemies I want to stay out of reach for, like in tower. Not really used anywhere else.
  • Slicer of Fanatic (0/0/0/50/80) Tbh, I only very rarely use this, though FOmarls have a great slicer animation... I wonder what this would best be used on in leu of having a Samba?
  • Hundred Souls (100/0/0/100/80) Another weapon that for me, doesn't see that much light, but it does bonkers damage with spirit if I use it, more than Ultima Reaper anyways. Is this worth using on a battle FO?
  • Banana Cannons (100/0/0/100/80) & (0/100/100/0/80) set.
  • Ultima Reaper (100/0/0/100/80)
  • Tyrell's/Rico's Parasols 

Armors:

• SonicTeam Armor (Alternatives: Kroe's Sweater)
  • Godric's Cloak (FOmar's stat plan is kinda specially made for this armor. Probably the only one I'd use over an STA for him.)
  • Frank the Bunny Costume (Alternatives: Agent K Costume, Guardian Angel Costume)

Units:

• V801
  • V502
  • Smartlink
  • Centurion/Battle

At least based off of this list, I listed my concerns in the green texts, though I also wonder if it's better to ditch the Sacred and use another RM/Lind to fill out the sets for both FOs? If so, what would be a good alternative to use for a range dark weapon to use for the likes of ep. 2? (Megid is a bit unreliable imo) Should I consider investing in a high single target DPS melee weapon like the Ten Years Blade? Should I just outright drop some of the weapons I have on the list or do they have outstanding uses that I'm just not seeing yet?

Edited by Colt
  • Like 1

I'd say all of those weapon's, except rage de glace, are worth using.

Here's my FOmarl gear for reference. It's mostly complete, maybe missing an item or two.

Dark Bridge [50/0/50/0|50]

Lindcray [100/100/0/0|80]

Lindcray [0/0/100/100|80]

Bringer's Rifle +9 [0/0/0/0|80]

Samba's Fiesta [0/0/0/0|80]

Slicer of Fanatic +30 [0/0/100/100|80]

Rambling May +50 [0/0/100/100|80]

Sacred Bow [0/35/0/45|80]

Hundred Souls [100/100/0/0|80]

Hundred Souls [0/0/100/100|80]

Ten Year Blades +200 [100/0/0/100|80] [Berserk]

Banana Cannon +50 [0/100/0/100|80]

Glide Divine [0/35/35/0|0]

Tyrell's Parasol [75/0/0/0|45]

Ultima Reaper +15 [25/0/0/25|80]

Sonicteam Armor [DEF: 0/EVP: 0] [Slots: 4]

Agent K Costume [DEF: 0/EVP: 0]

Other items to consider:

Boomerang - for arresting dorphons

Master Sword

Kiss of Death

Merc Rod - stopping del biters a bit closer than gifoie would

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

Here's my FOmarl gear for reference. It's mostly complete, maybe missing an item or two.

Dark Bridge [50/0/50/0|50]

Stats not max. Literally unplayable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Dw 1

Idk if Blood Sword is popular or not with FO's but I have a Blood Sword for my Foney's melee gearset. It's nice in a sense the FO's already have low HP/defense so wasting TP instead of HP can add a layer of defense when it comes to being a melee FO.

3 hours ago, foiexx said:

Idk if Blood Sword is popular or not with FO's but I have a Blood Sword for my Foney's melee gearset. It's nice in a sense the FO's already have low HP/defense so wasting TP instead of HP can add a layer of defense when it comes to being a melee FO.

I think the thing with a Blood Sword is that it is pretty comparable with the Hundred Souls blade in that it has more ATK, and it can hit up to 3 targets. It's definitely not a bad alternative in and of itself though in my opinion, especially with the 100 Souls being harder to make!

(Also when did I get a gold name? Don't think I really did anything to deserve it, but thanks!)

• Like 1

Blood Sword is single target.
Hundred Souls is better hands down.

You can pass on the Rambling May, and keep the Sacred Bow for the hell special, because level 30 Megid acts like level 15 Megid sometimes even in areas where Megid is supposed to be effective. It's good alternative for hell. Or keep both, and toss the Rage De Glace.

I recommend keeping v801 on you, but mostly using Adept over the v801.

The Rage De Glace would probably be best on your HUnewearl, and not so required on melee force, because you have that Lindcray. However, you can't go wrong with a powerful mechgun on melee force. For that Rage De Glace is definitely the best considering the extra ATA that it comes with.

I would consider using the Rambling May over the Rage De Glace due to the range & pierce on the RM.
The animation on RM is funky on FOmarl, but it's still fast enough to appreciate with a Centurion/Battle.

Ultima Reaper is nasty to keep for epi4 where the Hell on Sacred Bow, and Megid barely works.

Feel free to use the Slicer of Fanatic more. Even on melee force it's quite nasty in many areas.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Colt said:

I think the thing with a Blood Sword is that it is pretty comparable with the Hundred Souls blade in that it has more ATK, and it can hit up to 3 targets. It's definitely not a bad alternative in and of itself though in my opinion, especially with the 100 Souls being harder to make!

(Also when did I get a gold name? Don't think I really did anything to deserve it, but thanks!)

I have a couple of soul boosters that I simply never got around to making. Maybe I'm content with just my blood sword but now I guess I have to make a 100 souls, lolol.