frame rate issues

Hey all,

I took a break from the game for a couple months (December 2018-March 2019) and afterwards I started having some frame rate issues on my PC. I never experienced this beforehand and I have been playing the game on/off since summer of 2016. The frame rate drops specifically in places like the lobby when there are a lot of people in it, spinners in kond/shamb, and pretty much anytime techs like barta/gifoie are used. It happens in other places too, but these just been some consistent occurrences.

I'm not sure my specs matter too much since PSO worked completely fine before (at highest settings too) and I haven't really made any changes to my PC. The game also runs completely fine on my laptop, which is significantly less powerful than my main PC. I've tried a lot of stuff already, such as setting psobb.exe's priority to high, lowering all settings, vsync on/off, changing the refresh rate on my monitor, uninstalling/reinstalling, and yes, turning it on and off again. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have CPU Usage Reduction checked in Launcher options?

• 4 weeks later...

GeForce ?

Did you try to force your nvidia driver to run psobb.exe ?

I had that issue with a recent driver update where my laptop wouldn't switch to my GTX card and stick with the integrated intel HP.

• Like 1