port to Nintendo switch

This is such an amazing game,I've played it from the days when it appeared on dreamcast right through till now where I've played it on PC through the client on here wwwphantasystaronline.net😁😁. Is there a way this could be possibly ported to the switch, what would be the hold backs??,could be done through a kickstarter ...just wanted to get some feedback to see if this project could ever be possible??,any feedback would be really amazing 

While this is a noble idea, you've got a number of very serious problems about getting this ported to Nintendo's Switch:

1. Nintendo

2. Yea, Nintendo

3. Seriously, Nintendo

4. Translating the coding to the Switch's programming language, whatever that may be...

5. Most likely as well, Sega, it's their friggin game and IP.

If it were an older console system that has been EOL'ed that would be more "under the radar" this might be easier, but with Nintendo it's a non-starter, PERIOD, especially with their latest and greatest console still selling very well on the market ATM.

If this were to gain any serious traction and notice to the gaming community, you'd see a cease and desist letter within a matter of days, if not hours from Nintendo's "legendary" legal team, I can guaran-effin-tee you.  I really don't want to drag up links of all the incredible fan-based stuff and ports that Nintendo has killed un-mercilessly over the years...

Sorry to bring rain to your parade but them's the facts bro...  :onion108:   I'd say just keep playing here and enjoy the fact we can still play this for pete's sake!   I'm amazed Sega has apparently turned a blind eye to these private PSOBB servers running their still legally bound IP and game code like the Ultima does, rather graciously for so many years now.

Count your blessings good sir...

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

Having PSO on the Nintendo Switch would be awesome! And I would also believe that it's possible for that to happen, since Switch Hacking with Homebrew is present, and I would expect PSO to run flawlessly on it. However for a legit port, I'm not sure if that kind of thing is possible because of SEGA and SonicTeam, but its good to keep in mind that making your own port to PSO on the Switch with Homebrew is most likely possible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sanicteam said:

Having PSO on the Nintendo Switch would be awesome! And I would also believe that it's possible for that to happen, since Switch Hacking with Homebrew is present, and I would expect PSO to run flawlessly on it. However for a legit port, I'm not sure if that kind of thing is possible because of SEGA and SonicTeam, but its good to keep in mind that making your own port to PSO on the Switch with Homebrew is most likely possible.

If this is true, AWESOME!  So then... KEEP THIS QUIET AS A CHURCH MOUSE FOLKS.  If word of this gets out to the wrong people, you will see a cease and desist from Nintendo and/or Sega faster than lighting striking from east to west.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trigunman said:

If this is true, AWESOME!  So then... KEEP THIS QUIET AS A CHURCH MOUSE FOLKS.  If word of this gets out to the wrong people, you will see a cease and desist from Nintendo and/or Sega faster than lighting striking from east to west.

I understand! I might aswell research if this kind of idea is possible though, it could be abit of work but im sure something could show up.

• Like 2

My input: Considering PSO2 is actually on the Switch via Cloud and even has exclusive items from Breath of the Wild because of this, it could happen if both Sega and Nintendo wanted to. Here's a pic of my character with the Master Sword and Hylian Shield~

b4jndfl.png

Edited by Grimoire Greys
  • Like 1

thankyou for the all the responses 😁😁, I had a feeling that it would all be down to Nintendo shutting it down ,just such a pity because this game has such a huge following and what the guys have done here with the PC version and all the content is nothing short of amazing  and with how diverse the games are that coming to the switch and from I've seen what people are able to do through homebrew ( doom 3, onigirl and other PC titles),I wouldn't think this would that hard a game to port ..I really hope Nintendo do consider a remaster or rerelease to west ( it's not like it would interfere with pso 2), or some one does find a way to port to the switch even if it's as homebrew title , I'll keep researching 🤞🤞

• Like 1

Something that would be really amazing and I’m guessing more do-able would be to make the game Mobile . Being able to play the game in higher end phones . Phones these days have become extremely powerful . Tell you what, i’d Pay good money for pso if it were mobile and if I were to come down to copyright and what not , there’s apps like “TutuApp” or “tweakbox” and appvalley that have fake Pokémon games that aren’t legit but are completely “Pokémon” completely made up by someone else . Would be something for sure .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yo guys i have an update on PSO ported to the Switch! Recently, some people have been able to run the Linux OS on the Switch, which opens alot of potential to what the switch can do, however, if Linux could support PSO, that would be great news since people can play PSO on the Switch! Im unsure on how to get the Linux OS, but im sure theres videos and forums out there explaining how to do so! Hope this comment helped!