Instaling Lua Add-Ons on PSOBB - Guide

Yannv

this is how the letters look in my game....

pso.png

En 18/2/2020 a las 7:04, even camacho dijo:

haha me da el mismo error mi pc tiene sistema 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

even. a mi tambien me daba error pero lo que hice fue instalar el visual de microsoft para x86. no el 64bits. y te funsionara.

23 hours ago, flowgm said:

this is how the letters look in my game....

pso.png

even. a mi tambien me daba error pero lo que hice fue instalar el visual de microsoft para x86. no el 64bits. y te funsionara.

For some reason, the "Settings Editor" addon is failing to load the font for you. It should fallback to the default font but I don't know if the latest plugin release has this. The code was pulled into the plugin but there hasn't been a release of it with that fix.

Anyway, you can close your game and remove the "Settings Editor" folder insider your UltimaPSO\addons folder. That should restore the default ImGui font for you.

Is there anything particular about your Windows setup? The default fonts for the Settings Editor should work just fine and I've only ever seen cases of it not working on this forum. There has to be some reason for it failing to load the font for you or rendering the font incorrectly. Are you using some strange DPI setting in Windows?

Edited by Ender
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
36 minutes ago, assface said:

a friend of mine is new playing pso so i share the link to download the addons, but hes currently having visual issues check the image can some1 help please. the words looks imposible to read.

IMG-20220617-WA0003

Look at the post above yours 😉 

Also if they can figure out why this happens for them, that would be GREAT to know so that I can fix it in the lua plugin. Are they using a weird Windows DPI setting? Some graphical wrapper renderer thing like dgVoodoo? Launching the game through some other program?

Edited by Ender
  • Haha 1

En 4/9/2021 a las 16:45, Ender dijo:

For some reason, the "Settings Editor" addon is failing to load the font for you. It should fallback to the default font but I don't know if the latest plugin release has this. The code was pulled into the plugin but there hasn't been a release of it with that fix.

Anyway, you can close your game and remove the "Settings Editor" folder insider your UltimaPSO\addons folder. That should restore the default ImGui font for you.

Is there anything particular about your Windows setup? The default fonts for the Settings Editor should work just fine and I've only ever seen cases of it not working on this forum. There has to be some reason for it failing to load the font for you or rendering the font incorrectly. Are you using some strange DPI setting in Windows?

cool this solve the problem ^^

hace 13 horas, assface dijo:

a friend of mine is new playing pso so i share the link to download the addons, but hes currently having visual issues check the image can some1 help please. the words looks imposible to read.

IMG-20220617-WA0003

Debe instalar la última versión y listo. Asegúrate de que sea así. Yo también tuve ese problema.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Adric said:

I was snooping around earlier and found this out in the wild. I dunno how accurate the charts are but theyve seemed right. someone confirm.

https://github.com/SethClydesdale/psobb-mag-database

image.png.e96c5a79f8f17904af42c8d7ecab4cf0.png

image.png.eaab600e7065fb32cba83ae62e10e228.png

Yes that fits with other sources such as Ephi or PSOWorld

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...