Instaling Lua Add-Ons on PSOBB - Guide

Yannv

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, LiL_SaD said:

Why is it in Japanese for me?

Is the game launching in japanese?
Your antivirus might have quarantined the DLL (also this is not the topic for that, if that's the case)

• 3 months later...

Hello :D

I have a little question, the majority of event item appear in purple as classic items like Saber, Monomate etc...

I have looked at the item list, and i haven't seen event item. Do you know where can i find the "code" of the event item to add them with the red color (0xFFFF0000 i think) ?

When i say code, i mean this : 

Spoiler

image.png.4f2c272f5377b4ebfdb2be5121632bef.png

On 10/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, Loïc Rl said:

Hello :D

I have a little question, the majority of event item appear in purple as classic items like Saber, Monomate etc...

I have looked at the item list, and i haven't seen event item. Do you know where can i find the "code" of the event item to add them with the red color (0xFFFF0000 i think) ?

When i say code, i mean this : 

Hide contents

image.png.4f2c272f5377b4ebfdb2be5121632bef.png

I'm pretty sure @Soly and I added all of the Ultima's custom items to the Item Reader add-on like a year ago. 

Yeah, we definitely did it, check this GitHub link, starting from line 1519. The item list exclusive from each server might be located at (your psobb folder)/addons/solylib/items/items_list.lua file, so you might want to update your package I guess.

Edit: I guess the only Ultima exclusive item missing is Ganondorf Shield.
Instructions on how to obtain the ID number are on next post.

Edited by Yannv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yannv said:

I'm pretty sure @Soly and I added all of the Ultima's custom items to the Item Reader add-on like a year ago. 

Yeah, we definitely did it, check this GitHub link, starting from line 1519. The item list exclusive from each server might be located at (your psobb folder)/addons/solylib/items/items_list.lua file, so you might want to update your package I guess.

Edit: I guess the only Ultima exclusive item missing is Ganondorf Shield. You might get its ID from a decoded unitxt.prs file and add it manually to the lua file.

Ohhhh thank you very much for the link. I certainly have an old version.

I will copy the lines corresponding to the event items. :cc-star-eyes:

EDIT : It works ! I'm so happy to see a Centurion/Resist in Red hahaha

Edited by Loïc Rl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Yannv said:

I guess the only Ultima exclusive item missing is Ganondorf Shield. You might get its ID from a decoded unitxt.prs file and add it manually to the lua file.

It might be good to do a revision of that, I'll ask @R-78 so we can look into it...

Also I don't think you meant unitxt file? ... the ID needed for that (item id) can be found in the item wiki tho

8 hours ago, Soly said:

It might be good to do a revision of that, I'll ask @R-78 so we can look into it...

Also I don't think you meant unitxt file? ... the ID needed for that (item id) can be found in the item wiki tho

You are right, I was probably thinking about the _items.ini file used to print map dots and toggle rare sound chime on/off. My bad.

At the time I made that list, Ganondorf Shield wasn't yet available and its ID wasn't in the Wiki.
He can seek an item ID by looking at the end of wiki's URL: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=0102B4

If the ID shown on wiki is correct, it should look like this
t[ 0x0102B4 ] = { 0xFFFF0000, true } -- Ganondorf Shield

And then placed after line 1599: t[ 0x0102B3 ] = { 0xFFFF0000, true } -- Girl Scout Cookies to match the order they were added to the game.

Can also get the ID by enabling Show Item ID from Item Reader add-on. It will show the code before the item name, but he must have that item on inventory to see it.

Last time items were added to the server were the 4/20 day shields and Summer's Serene Swan, and those are already added.
I took the liberty to update the list from repo already, here you go: https://pastebin.com/uUNaJBa8

Edited by Yannv

• 4 months later...

I know this is a very old topic now, but I thought this might be the best place to ask.

Has anyone managed to get add ons working on MAC through winetricks? I was recently able to get the launcher working finally this way after years of playing.

• 2 weeks later...

@Soly Hi Soly! I've been working on maybe now...12hrs to try and make my offline tethealla server + my vanilla PSOBB install work in a specific way. Rummaging through forums everywhere from reddit then NeoGAF and then the ones where I saw you in (the ones of Ephinea and Ultima) and I had the chance to see years and years of your posts and others and troubleshooting and your struggles and progress with various tools, launcher, addons and so on. You're amazing honestly.

Everything is almost working perfectly except some stuff.

1. 4K resolution + Virtual Fullscreen isn't a thing with my launcher (I think it's the general use widescreen release launcher). It caps at 1440p and I have to use borderless gaming tool to play in "virtual fullscreen" so ALT-TAB-ing doesn't crash my game. ( more detail on that one in the thread I made about it, if you could go look at that it'd be amazing please ;w; )

2. Now that is the relevant part for this thread. My addons are installed and boot up! I had to put the addon folder in here so it could work though as you indicated in another forum post: %AppData%\Roaming\MMFApplications. BUT as you probably see me coming from a mile away...the font is small AF and looks like big doodoo. I *did* try to adjust the global font size and then click "save" but nothing happens, it just closes the Theme Editor window and then I *cannot* reopen it unless I reboot the game. Then I go in the logs to see the error and it seems to be caused because it doesn't find or cannot create the .ini file where it would save the info? In fact seems like it can't do any of that at any time for any addon because I don't have any traces of .ini files in any of my addon folders so all my windows reset every time also. (see screenshot attached for the error messages)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent countless hours to make everything work the way I wanted while avoiding to annoy anyone with my struggles by making sure I did my research properly and followed all instructions I found correctly....but I'm at my wits end.

Also I'll be honest...I have some question about your Tethellea repository on GitHub. You mentioned you updated files and replaced the old Drop folder/files with the itemRT.gsl file right? How do I replace my files on my local server with those? How do I modify them so it affects my game and/or what's the easiest way to boost rare drop rates just in general? I have a few questions about that kind of stuff and I know this isn't the place to have them answered so I just happen to be on the Ultima Discord server and saw you in there. Would it be ok if I contacted you through discord's DMs? I saw your sharing your Discord ID often so I figured I could but I wanted to make sure first before barging in your DMs like the desperate man that I now am hahaha.

ADDON_INI_ISSUE.PNG

9 hours ago, Soly said:

Feel free to send me a message on discord.
Right away I can tell you there is not much we can do about the resolution issue tho.

Oh awesome I will do that thank you!

And Ender over on the Ephinea forums helped me figure the LUA addon issue and it all worked out.
Here for anyone one day that might encounter my issue. 

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/page-51

And that's sad about the resolution issue. But yeah I got some questions and stuff so I'll contact you over Discord soon then!