Xbox Controller

Does it read any of your inputs at all? You may have to setup the default bindings in game and use JoyToKey to fill in the blanks. That's what I do. Also the controller has to be connected and turned on before launching the game. 

• Like 1

Yes.  I can confirm the XBox One controller works with PSOBB.  The main thing is that you must bind the controller and have it on and connected before firing the launcher (it's a limitation of the game).  Another quirk is that sometimes when switching accounts, you'll lose joy input or get incorrect mappings -- this is an easy fix.  Use the keyboard to navigate to the joypad menu and bind something (like do left/right again on one of the analog inputs).  Then go back to the previous menu and everything should be working.

I currently use REWASD as my preferred extension (no affiliation).  There are limitations to joy + keyboard binding and a new feature (I haven't gotten around to testing yet; pgf runs and all) lets you "hide" your joy driver, "create" a virtual 360 driver, and re-route all input via rewasd for some features previously inaccessible or impractical.

I have all FO techniques (except 1) + melee + items + main psobb commands (like bank, roominfo...) mapped to the pad.  Very impressive w/ things like double click support.

Edit: Windows 10

Edited by Lelb

I don't know why but i only have limited function with it i can move only up and down and select and deselect in the main menu and i can move the start in the load in screen. I play Dragon Age Inquisition with my Pad all the time... so it cant be the Pad. 

Are there any moderators i can talk too that know what to do?

Edited by Xavier_Buhallin
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive got this working for the most part.  X and B are set for left and right action, for some reason they both do left action.  Anybody else have this happen?  

If enough of us use joytokey with PSO, whats the chances of uploading the .cgf to the forum?

On 2/21/2019 at 8:02 PM, b0n3zx said:

Ive got this working for the most part.  X and B are set for left and right action, for some reason they both do left action.  Anybody else have this happen?  

If enough of us use joytokey with PSO, whats the chances of uploading the .cgf to the forum?

With PSO, it recognizes any standard controllers that were plugged in before the game was launched, and completely disregards any that are plugged in after the game is launched. Therefore, depending on whether you want to merely supplement the standard ingame controls with some extra things using joytokey (such as the ability to use the secondary triggers), or to completely replace your controls entirely and ignore the ingame ones, you need to have your controller plugged in at different times. It sounds like you want to do the latter, and that it could be reading inputs from joytokey and the default ingame controls, so you may have to plug the controller in after the game has launched so that it ignores the ingame controls. If it's the former, then going to Menu > Options > Pad Button Config lets you change the controls of a controller (that was plugged in before the game was launched). Hope that explanation helps.

• 11 months later...