What is Beat Time?

Barrage

So I have all the Striker parts, but the only description on how to use divine punishment involves something called "Beat Time"  which i have no clue what that could possibly be.  Can anyone tell me what it is and how to monitor it?  it would be very helpful :)

• Thanks 1

When you open the menu, there is a three digit number at bottom right, it's the .Beat or Internet Time.

It goes from 000 to 999 every day (1 .beat = 1 minute 26.4 seconds).

The Divine Punishment special works only when the first digit is even, so at 247 401 899 etc.

• Thanks 1

.Beat time, also known as Swatch Internet Time, was created by the Swatch company as an alternative time-telling format based on a similar french decimal time concept. The idea of it was that it does not use time-zones and is the same time all over the world, so when it's 530 beats, that is the same time everywhere with no need for converting time zones. Beat time 000 is supposed to be midnight for the gmt+1 / utc+1 time zone, with 1000 beats per day. Since PSO was meant to be a game where people of many different regions would be playing together on the same servers, with word select functionality being auto-translated into 5(?) different languages to help communication, it made sense to also have a time format that was more standardized for everyone regardless of where they were playing from. The time format never really caught on, but swatch still sells some watches (as of july 2016) that show .beat time in addition to regular time.

If the 1 beat to 1min 26.4 seconds sounds weird, then perhaps it's easier to conceptualize that 100 beats = 144 minutes, giving you just under 2.5 hours to use divine punishment specials or divine protection. I like to think of the divine punishment as needing the orbiting satellite to be overhead for it to work.

• Like 1