Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Grimoire Greys

fYYfpHB.jpg

English name: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Genre: Fantasy, Shounen

Summary: A hard-working middle-aged man named Mikami Satoru goes out to meet his underclassman and his partner when something goes wrong, resulting in Satoru dying. All is not lost, however, as he gets a second chance to live in another world where he has been reincarnated as a slime monster with unusual abilities.

• Like 1

I've been trying to keep up with this one, think I'm 1 episode behind right now.  So far I'm a big fan of the premise, but there is very little tension, especially in the newer episodes, and the pacing feels awkward.  I think I'd recommend the manga over the show at this point, but that might change since we're only half way(?) through.

I've been really enjoying this lately. The pacing is a little different, but it works in its own way. It feels like they rush through action and confrontation as fast as they can and then use all the time they saved from cutting the tension with anticlimax and put it all into world building instead, which for a world as rich and interesting as this one is makes it really engrossing for me. It's like if one punch man cut the initial side characters confrontations to all be as short as saitama's and only take up at most half the episode total for fights. They really do a lot to flesh out the world, it makes me want to watch not because I want to see the main character be badass, but because I want to see the main character interact with the world and learn more about it. It moves really quick, and feels like it's packing a lot in, but doesn't feel like it's sloppily rushing things. It's also quite good at surprising me with what it's doing / where it's going at every turn. Solid recommendation from me; if you are a fan of fantasy anime you should definitely check it out.

• Like 1