Insane PGF Drop Rate Theory (please prove me wrong)

As for PGF dropping,
For the second time I forced PGF to drop by getting the last hit on Olga Flow with a Red Handgun.
No Happy Hour during both times.
1st with Bluefull, 2nd with Redria.
Feel free to try with Red Handgun. 

Edited by Emewn
  • Dislike 6

2 minutes ago, Emewn said:

As for PGF dropping,
For the second time I forced PGF to drop by getting the last hit on Olga Flow with a Red Handgun.

iirc, there was something about the red weapons in general with killing falz or olga on ultimate. always thought it just to be myth. not entirely sure if this server has something related to that as a nod to the original version however

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

As for PGF dropping,

Have you only been killing it with red weapons? Because if so, no shit it dropped with a red wep final hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

As for PGF dropping,

Pics or it didn't happen.

3 hours ago, Gen said:

iirc, there was something about the red weapons in general with killing falz or olga on ultimate. always thought it just to be myth. not entirely sure if this server has something related to that as a nod to the original version however

It was related to old rumours of how to get Heathcliff Flowen or Red Ring Rico to appear in the boss rooms if you returned there after defeating boss. I don't think anyone really knows the specifics of it truthfully, but I don't think it's hitting the boss with those weapons as I've seen it happen without even having red/dark weapons on any characters in the fights. Personally, I speculate that wearing red ring can cause rico to appear in boss room though, but I'm not as sure about flowen. It's a cool little easter egg when you get to see them, they just sit/stand in the center of the room until you approach them and then wave/salute and disappear. They also both have their own unique theme songs you cannot hear anywhere else in the game, Rose Confession and Leaving Flow. Rico's theme is a really great song too.

• Thanks 4

I used CRAZY TUNE the majority of Seabeds Lower when my PGF dropped. This is clearly why it dropped. Also, killed Olga with CRAZY TUNE.

• Thanks 1

Well, this got sorta more interesting than I expected. I'll admit I have a personality type that wants everything in life to be some huge secret like  Myst/Riven puzzle that needs to be solved, but then gets disappointed at the simplicity of reality. ;p

I had been watching that AGDQ speedrun marathon for the last week and a half (catching up on VoDs), so I guess when I heard about someone going 300+ Olga Kills with no PGF, part of my brain was like "if you're doing the same thing... and getting the same outcome... then maaaaybe..."
It didn't help that when I was a kid I messed around with the debug modes in Sonic games a lot. I was, for some reason, fascinated by the coordinate field that took the place of the score data when in the debug mode. Having listened to people talk so much about RNG manipulation, and feeling honestly pretty sorry for someone who put so much dedication toward getting a drop and ended up not getting one, well, you see where I'm going with this. I was really just thinking of, you know, casting an extra whatever here and there, dropping a monomate and picking it up. Nothing major, just something you wouldn't normally do. But of course, I know this doesn't do anything now. o3o

Also...

On 1/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, Soly said:

DAR and the rare drop rate.
You are right on that... DAR affects the rare drops (but all other drops as well), is like a 2 stage drop kinda thing?
But on your specific example with PGF, Olga (and all bosses for that matter) have 100% dar.

Now about all that stuff of RNG... I won't get into old games, their consoles or their capabilities but for PSO, as others have pointed out, the drops are handled entirely by the server, no matter what you do in game will affect that (not directly tho).

As for the RNG we use, we no longer use the teth default, we use a different one called XorShift, which is better than mtwist.
As for how this works, it is seeded with a time function and every random number request changes the state of the RNG (there is only one global RNG), there is no other factor in the RNG

So yeah, there is no manipulation to be done.

Thanks for the reply and the clear explanation. I really appreciate the honesty.

Debug_Mode_Sonic_1-1.png

3 hours ago, RocketTots said:

I used CRAZY TUNE the majority of Seabeds Lower when my PGF dropped. This is clearly why it dropped. Also, killed Olga with CRAZY TUNE.

Did it as well, and it didn't work

• Like 4

On 1/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, R-78 said:

Also, just to make it clear before someone says "help I tried what the GM said and didn't get the PGF",
This is a joke

On 1/18/2019 at 4:16 AM, Fyrewolf5 said:

The real way to get PGF to drop is that you have to not just use red handgun, but ALL the red weapons in the correct order to spell out flowen's name, and then 360 no-scope him with flowen's sword to get him to remember who he is and drop the pgf.

Bruh... if someone can PROVE they did ALL that... you best give that man and/or woman a PGF out of principle...

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

It was related to old rumours of how to get Heathcliff Flowen or Red Ring Rico to appear in the boss rooms if you returned there after defeating boss. I don't think anyone really knows the specifics of it truthfully, but I don't think it's hitting the boss with those weapons as I've seen it happen without even having red/dark weapons on any characters in the fights. Personally, I speculate that wearing red ring can cause rico to appear in boss room though, but I'm not as sure about flowen. It's a cool little easter egg when you get to see them, they just sit/stand in the center of the room until you approach them and then wave/salute and disappear. They also both have their own unique theme songs you cannot hear anywhere else in the game, Rose Confession and Leaving Flow. Rico's theme is a really great song too.

Well the old gamecube methods worked perfectly on the first try here on Ultima. Used a red weapon for Flowen and a dark weapon for Rico.

pso131924296188593750.thumb.png.b07119fbb928cf83bcabc0fcc329895c.png

pso131924441017656250.thumb.png.b43679130b0afa5c9a11fa780b0febaf.png

• Like 1