Need help progressing

EzEzzy

I have a lv126 RAmarl and I'm still weak in ultimate difficulty, I even struggle in forest. Was wondering what gear I should go for that isn't impossible to get at my lvl but will also help me a lot in Ultimate. I have a 5/150/45/0 Sato and use generic weapons (Red Mechguns, Vivienne, Meteor Smash, Cannon Rouge) and use a Genpei and Alliance uniform since it's my only decent armor. Any tips to improve would be appreciated, thanks in advance :))

• Like 3

It is really hard in ULT when you are basically starting out like yourself, best thing i would do in your situation, make CCAs to lvl up with other members, try and hunt stuff in parties with people then you can sell or trade it on to get better gear

right now you should join RT or Seabed parties to try get a pgf you will get killed alot but a PGF is worth around 350dts, so best just trying to hunt for that during the event as it only drops in christmas event and its worth a f'ing shed loads !!!!!!!!

i can run some RT parties with you, i was going to solo but dont mind you joining even if you get a pgf i wouldnt be bothered! im on in about 3 hours if you wana run some RTs

Here is a guide to get pds to

buy some better gear.

You could also farm materials on normal difficulty using the quests Towards the Future Ultima  for hildablue or wrath of forest for Rappies. Depending on your ID and what materials you want to farm.

id also suggest finding your max stat plan and either farming mats or buy them with pds and using them. That will make a big difference.

some cheap and easy to get gear would be 

charge arms 

charge mechs 

charge handgun or rifle 

demons hangun or rifle or bringers rifle 

hell hangun or rifle 

frozen shooter

v502 

v101

heavenly arms 

im sure there is a lot more I’m forgetting but those are some examples and they should all be easy to get with around 50hit or so

Edited by HUNTER_
  • Like 2

Here's a question for you... you say ultimate is hard, but are you playing solo in MULTIPLAYER mode, by yourself? Or are you setting the game type to Solo mode when creating a team in the lobby? Enemy stats are much tougher if you do not set yourself to Solo mode, as it's intended for multiple players to be chewing on them, not just you.

Minor issue, but you might prefer doing that for a bit. Mobs give slightly less EXP I think, but you won't take forever to actually get kills this way, and thereby increase your drop rates, too.

Oh and gear-wise, especially if you intend on following other's advice of doing PGF hunts in Ulti RT... you want a Frozen Shooter. Seriously, there are not many weapons quite as beneficial to an entire team as a Frozen Shooter or a Snow Queen if you prefer the upgraded one. A God or Heavenly/Battle will allow you to easily Weak->Special, two hit combo, don't bother triple shotting your combos with one unless mobs are moving toward you and you'll be able to hit multiples without moving. Though if you have enough ATA, you can just start with special attacks as the freeze bomb bullet has unique accuracy mechanics but sometimes that quick weak hit is needed to stun into a freeze bullet and not get hit yourself.

I'm still pretty weak on my 140~ RAcast in ulti ruins but with a decent hit% Frozen Shooter, I can lock down entire rooms of Indi Belra by relying on one or two shots to just keep them locked down. Since you're not a 'Cast, a Spread Needle won't do you as much good as an Arrest Needle, but you will need a Proof of Sonic Team to boost a Spread into an Arrest Needle, and that's an Easter seasonal drop on this server, if you want to hunt it yourself. 

If solo, starting with a Frozen Shooter freeze to put an ice block right in front of you will make most enemies try to walk in large circles around the frozen enemy. In that time, quick-switch weapons weapons to your Needle and start blasting special attacks into them. Frozen mobs have a massive evasion penalty inflicted on them, so your needles themselves will almost never miss, giving  you a tremendous chance to mass-paralyze lockdown things coming your way as that first frozen mob sits there preventing his buddies from getting close to you.

I can hook you up with a frozen shooter if you want for free. It's not a very good one but if you want one, I gots plenty to spare. It's a 100% freeze chance if the bullet hits, and it's VERY accurate even w/o hit%.

Second edit!: Oh yeah, if you want to gamble you should definitely try to get yourself a Hell Laser from the solo episode 4 quest "The Restless Lion." You have to create a team in solo mode to do the quest, and uh, it's kind of obnoxious w/o a frozen shooter or high level rabarta on a FO, as the hunter enemies you have to fight enter like, a 20-second long state of invincibility after taking damage. If you freeze them, they have no i-frames and can be killed instantly. Throughout this quest, you will fight other hunter NPCs. DO NOT CAST RESTA WHEN FIGHTING THEM, IT WILL HEAL THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ENEMIES. USE 'MATES TO HEAL ONLY.

The first hunter is a solo HUmar with a Gladius in a dark room, he will spawn as you hit the light switch. The second set is a RAcast and a FOmar. After clearing the room, check the RAcast's body and take his weapon. It will ALWAYS be a tier 5 rifle with a max-tier special (hell, berserk, charge, gush) with MULTIPLE 50% attributes. Keep doing this until you get a 50% Hit Hell Laser. It will never NOT be useful, especially in Seabed where the machines have pathetic dark resistance and drop to megid-OHKO procs like absolute chumps.

Edited by DiosGX
frozen shooters are cool o3o

7 hours ago, DiosGX said:

Here's a question for you... you say ultimate is hard, but are you playing solo in MULTIPLAYER mode, by yourself? Or are you setting the game type to Solo mode when creating a team in the lobby? Enemy stats are much tougher if you do not set yourself to Solo mode, as it's intended for multiple players to be chewing on them, not just you.

Minor issue, but you might prefer doing that for a bit. Mobs give slightly less EXP I think, but you won't take forever to actually get kills this way, and thereby increase your drop rates, too.

Oh and gear-wise, especially if you intend on following other's advice of doing PGF hunts in Ulti RT... you want a Frozen Shooter. Seriously, there are not many weapons quite as beneficial to an entire team as a Frozen Shooter or a Snow Queen if you prefer the upgraded one. A God or Heavenly/Battle will allow you to easily Weak->Special, two hit combo, don't bother triple shotting your combos with one unless mobs are moving toward you and you'll be able to hit multiples without moving. Though if you have enough ATA, you can just start with special attacks as the freeze bomb bullet has unique accuracy mechanics but sometimes that quick weak hit is needed to stun into a freeze bullet and not get hit yourself.

I'm still pretty weak on my 140~ RAcast in ulti ruins but with a decent hit% Frozen Shooter, I can lock down entire rooms of Indi Belra by relying on one or two shots to just keep them locked down. Since you're not a 'Cast, a Spread Needle won't do you as much good as an Arrest Needle, but you will need a Proof of Sonic Team to boost a Spread into an Arrest Needle, and that's an Easter seasonal drop on this server, if you want to hunt it yourself. 

If solo, starting with a Frozen Shooter freeze to put an ice block right in front of you will make most enemies try to walk in large circles around the frozen enemy. In that time, quick-switch weapons weapons to your Needle and start blasting special attacks into them. Frozen mobs have a massive evasion penalty inflicted on them, so your needles themselves will almost never miss, giving  you a tremendous chance to mass-paralyze lockdown things coming your way as that first frozen mob sits there preventing his buddies from getting close to you.

I can hook you up with a frozen shooter if you want for free. It's not a very good one but if you want one, I gots plenty to spare. It's a 100% freeze chance if the bullet hits, and it's VERY accurate even w/o hit%.

Second edit!: Oh yeah, if you want to gamble you should definitely try to get yourself a Hell Laser from the solo episode 4 quest "The Restless Lion." You have to create a team in solo mode to do the quest, and uh, it's kind of obnoxious w/o a frozen shooter or high level rabarta on a FO, as the hunter enemies you have to fight enter like, a 20-second long state of invincibility after taking damage. If you freeze them, they have no i-frames and can be killed instantly. Throughout this quest, you will fight other hunter NPCs. DO NOT CAST RESTA WHEN FIGHTING THEM, IT WILL HEAL THEM EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ENEMIES. USE 'MATES TO HEAL ONLY.

The first hunter is a solo HUmar with a Gladius in a dark room, he will spawn as you hit the light switch. The second set is a RAcast and a FOmar. After clearing the room, check the RAcast's body and take his weapon. It will ALWAYS be a tier 5 rifle with a max-tier special (hell, berserk, charge, gush) with MULTIPLE 50% attributes. Keep doing this until you get a 50% Hit Hell Laser. It will never NOT be useful, especially in Seabed where the machines have pathetic dark resistance and drop to megid-OHKO procs like absolute chumps.

Yes I  have been playing solo in a Multiplayer lobby since I didn't know monsters stats were scaled up in multiplayer lobbies. Also I never knew about the ice block strat I will have to give it a try :) and yes if you're still available I would gladly accept your FS. Thanks a lot for the tips!