Holiday Battle Tournament

Lemon

I'm not defending either one or the other just want to expose what I think about it as they said that when entering the room can know the class of the opponent would fit who came last pay attention in this detail, but npcs should not be allowed in the battle, and of course a human being is able to defeat a force, it depends on who drives it.

The rules were not clear cut enough in this tbh. Sure Rule 6 but if you look at the videos of rule 6 online, suicide is a preferred strat, keeping the gate closed is a preferred strat. I took a chance on my battle and lost. I suicided in order to try and get over to my opponents gate as I knew 2 minutes in it was going to be a turtle (I had planned for this). It was and I sacrificed my round because of it (although if it worked it would of been awesome I gambled and lost). I guess the point is Battle Mode is easily exploited, a win should of at least required a certain amount of point spread. I lost with zero kills against me and 8 minutes of waiting for a loss but I took the loss and never disconnected although I could of jumped thru my computer with anger. NPC skins should of been illegal but as with everything else it was not clearly defined as such none of this can be held against anyone.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

The rules were not clear cut enough in this tbh. Sure Rule 6 but if you look at the videos of rule 6 online, suicide is a preferred strat, keeping the gate closed is a preferred strat. I took a chance on my battle and lost. I suicided in order to try and get over to my opponents gate as I knew 2 minutes in it was going to be a turtle (I had planned for this). It was and I sacrificed my round because of it (although if it worked it would of been awesome I gambled and lost). I guess the point is Battle Mode is easily exploited, a win should of at least required a certain amount of point spread. I lost with zero kills against me and 8 minutes of waiting for a loss but I took the loss and never disconnected although I could of jumped thru my computer with anger. NPC skins should of been illegal but as with everything else it was not clearly defined as such none of this can be held against anyone.

Yeah I've been watching this thread and I see a few rules missing. One of them being the "Gates must be open by the 1 minute mark" rule that has existed for nearly 20 years lol. If the rules doesn't state it and he turtled you, he didn't do anything wrong and you took your loss like you did. NPCs shouldn't have been allowed but it's also on @Starlord for starting the match without finding out what character his opponent was using by leaving the room and Tab-ing to Character Info. It's not @arkraiserx's fault. Double elimination tournament would have been nice since you guys had the right amount of players for it. Rules also don't state how many games are played in each round "round 1: Sudden Death, round 2: best of 3, Semi Finals: best of 5, Finals: Best of 7" or any other number the organizer wanted, or just clearly state "all rounds are sudden death". 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, conenubi701 said:

Yeah I've been watching this thread and I see a few rules missing. One of them being the "Gates must be open by the 1 minute mark" rule that has existed for nearly 20 years lol. If the rules doesn't state it and he turtled you, he didn't do anything wrong and you took your loss like you did. NPCs shouldn't have been allowed but it's also on @Starlord for starting the match without finding out what character his opponent was using by leaving the room and Tab-ing to Character Info. It's not @arkraiserx's fault. Double elimination tournament would have been nice since you guys had the right amount of players for it. Rules also don't state how many games are played in each round "round 1: Sudden Death, round 2: best of 3, Semi Finals: best of 5, Finals: Best of 7" or any other number the organizer wanted, or just clearly state "all rounds are sudden death". 

Man! Are you this guy?

• Like 1

Life got really busy so I haven't been able to update this until now.  Please check over this bracket and make sure I didn't make any mistake.

image.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

Not sure if my semi final battle with arkinsarx is happening. She already stated she didnt want to play and I dont want to send another PM to her before she thinks this is tinder.

I will contact her about it.

I got served, we did a best of 3, feebie is good.

Seen some cool things so next time there's a battle I'll be better prepared

Edited by duja1001
  • Like 1