Trouble hitting bosses as a Hucast

I feel like I'm useless 80% of the time on a lot of the bosses/big mobs that fly or move out of melee range, Falz/Gryphon/Del/Etc.

What should I be using to hit them as a Hucast? Against most mobs I have traps and my reaper to be useful. Should I go hunting for a particular gun?

At level 125 I currently use:

Ultima Reaper No Hit

Boomerang No Hit

Vulcan with 25% Hit (usually the range is short of hitting flying bosses)

S-Red's Blade just for the S/D if nobody is around to buff me

Black Hound Cuirass

God/Arm

God/Arm

God/Arm

Heavenly/Battle

Standstill Shield

Any advice on what I should hunt?

If you can get a hold of a Master Raven (or Psycho Raven) paired with Smartlink and an Adept for ranged damage + ATA it will help quite a bit. Whatever you normally use is usually going to need some hit % on it to help out because HUcast accuracy is lower than the other classes, so seek out weapons that have some.

• Like 1

Definitely get a bombchu

water gun is good for long range

Crush cannon to heal yourself and deal multi target damage

Edited by duja1001

Smartlink is HUcast's best friend. 
I recommend keeping a handgun on him. Hand of Justice, Asteron Striker, Egg Blaster MK2, Suppressed Gun, ect
This will enable you to tag whatever you need experience from like Gal Gryphon even when he's flying.
Also, I recommend using a double saber like Girasole or easy daggers to get like Bloody Tornado for some bosses, so that you have a better success rate of landing hits.
I can give you either a 50 hit charge repeater or 50 hit charge gatlin if you want or a photon drop to buy a Smartlink from someone if you need. Let me know in PM.
Some of the exclusive weapons don't need hit to use the base damage effectively. Look out for those ftw, and best of luck to you.
As for the larger monsters outside of boss rooms. The unit V502 would benefit a HUcast later on.
As you could easily set a freeze trap, step back a bit, then pop it with a handgun very quickly then shit on monsters.
Most enemies won't stand a chance against you if you take advantage of the traps at all times. It's too bad they can't be used in boss rooms, we do with what we got right.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Grimoire Greys said:

If you can get a hold of a Master Raven (or Psycho Raven) paired with Smartlink and an Adept for ranged damage + ATA it will help quite a bit. Whatever you normally use is usually going to need some hit % on it to help out because HUcast accuracy is lower than the other classes, so seek out weapons that have some.

38 minutes ago, duja1001 said:

Definitely get a bombchu

water gun is good for long range

Crush cannon to heal yourself and deal multi target damage

So none of these items are drops right?  I can't exactly hunt for any of these? They pretty much all need to come from the black paper quest or be bought?

The ones I named are drops from summer event and triforce event, i believe @Kraven202 has a few of these items for sale, the bombchu is worth it especially for gal, it hits so you don't have to chase him down to try and land a single blow.

I can give you an extra charge raygun 50h (these appear in the shop every so often; I can also hunt you some h/arms to replace the g/arms tommorow), using a quick SNS or SHS at range can net you good hits do to ata glitching, or just NSS/NHS at short range. A hand of justice or asteron striker will have good accuracy for just regular hard attacks, which helps hucast save on ata too. Bombchu is great for flying bosses on hucast too, but you'd have to find someone willing to trade it since triforce event is over. If you have good timing, both boomerang and ultima reaper can actually hit gal gryphon on his flyover, though twin blaze is far easier with its gifoie special just to tag even if it won't do much damage (it's also indispensible on casts for trapping).  Technically, there are 2 shields you can access for a boost, s-parts 2.01 (15ata, cast only, normal gilchics at difficult rate), and Gratia shield (available in black paper deal 2, very cheap to get) does work on Hand of Justice to give it +30ata, so even a no hit hoj+gratia would be more ata than a 50h charge raygun, and would be more useful for hard attacks too. There is also the cheap Thirteen armor(available in bpd) and Diska of Braveman combo (13 gives dob 30ata and 50% atp, and good hit dob are very easy to hunt / cheap to trade for), and slicers are very easy to ata glitch. DoB is also not to be underestimated for damage even at max level, it can be a killer ranged aoe weapon on hucast.

• Like 1