Larva

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

So, the drop table has been released today and there are some stuff that doesn't seem right at all.

First, seeing that Frozen Booster drop rate is 1/512 from a common monster (Merikle), it doesn't make any sense having Arrest Booster dropping at 1/256 from Olga Flow. 1/256 is almost the same rate as PGF, an item that makes the most desired game-end weapons.  I don't think it is fair a weapon such as the Arrest Faust needing the same effort to hunt as a PGF. I'm assuming Arrest Faust is very similar to Frozen Faust, that is, they aren't that good. They can't multi target. It is the same problem Kajex pointed out years ago, the devs couldn't make Iron Faust with custom specials being able to multi target monsters.

Ultima Bringer is even worse, it is way inferior to Hand of Justice (https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item&id=006A01), not useable by every class, less ATA, less ATP than HoJ. The only difference is being able to pierce megid, barely better range compared to handgun and useable by HUmar. Now the cons, unfair rate and very expensive (you can't add hit with P.Crystals like you do with Bringers Rifle). What's the point of that weapon, just looking cooler than Bringer's Rifle?

And no Ten Years Blade drop! It isn't even present in the Drop Table, looks like someone lied to us -_- (unless it was removed from the drop table?)

There is only one explanation for that, this Event was rushed. There was no beta testing for assuring quality to the new weapons. This is interesting because there is another new server (cough cough) that was able to make such weapons as Arrest/Frozen Faust and they are actually good weapons and can multi target.

There's nothing new interesting to hunt besides the old fashioned items. My point is, if you can't make good items/weapons in time for the event, why adding them to the event?! Why let people waste time hunting utter garbage weapons?

I'd like to note that Arrest/Frozen Faust were made single target by choice and they are able to make it multi-target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dw 1

13 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

My point is, if you can't make good items/weapons in time for the event, why adding them to the event?! Why let people waste time hunting utter garbage weapons?

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.  I'm sure if you contact customer service they can give you a refund on your purchase.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not every new item needs to be broken op or the best in class for it to be good but some strange descisions were made this time round.

I think its kind of nice for things like Arrest booster to be rare just so you can have something others don't lol.

The mystery around 10 years blade should be cleared up though imo. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with that one. Hopefully it wont be long now...

• Like 1