Wont let me download launcher!Help

Maybe try downloading with a different browser? Otherwise... might be your firewall blocking it. They often don't like 3rd party programs

Edited by EDEN
  • Like 1

The Launcher reads as a virus for some unknown reason to me. 
I suggest clicking on the arrow on the bottom right screen, and "quit" the anti-virus for the moment.
Or click on the little shield, it should bring you to Windows Defender Security Center.
On the left, select Virus & Real Treat Protection, then on the right side select Virus & Threat Protections Settings.
In that setting, turn off the first three tabs that you see, then try to download the PSO Launcher. It should work then.
Don't forget to turn on those virus protection tabs later on.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 7

The launcher is flagged as malware because it contains code to alter the memory of another program that is running.  This is because it needs to edit the memory of PSO to allow it to connect to the non-sega servers, and some other things like the /cam command.  The way it does this is used heavily in certain types of malware, and so it is labeled unsafe by anti-virus protection programs.  @Soly wrote the entire launcher and will tell you that it is entirely safe to operate and is not in fact malware.

I would recommend trying downloading the installer and not the launcher in isolation.  These downloads can be found here.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

The launcher no longer includes that kind of code.
Still, I suppose since program is really small, downloads files from the internet and launches other programs, it still shows false positives.

Sadly there is not much I can do about it.

• Thanks 1