Hello new to Phantasy Star Online! :D

Veren

Hey guys! I'm new here. ^_^ I had trouble registering on the site/forum :) But I'm here now. :) I've found out about this site from a YouTuber I follow on YouTube that was doing a live stream last night. I decided I wanted to check it out. I have been wanting to play the Phantasy Star series for awhile now. I never got into the game series. I want to try playing Online for PC. Is this one different from than the PS2 versions of the games? I am completely new to this and don't know where to start out. I love playing MMOs and I love making friends and being nice to others. And I love anime and JRPGs, etc. And yes if your curious I do love Sonic the Hedgehog. :) Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Ball Z, etc. :) The only thing I don't tolerate is bullying though and elitists, etc. Sorry if I brought this up is wrong. I hope we can all get along. And I was wondering, if I have family who wants to play this game. How does it work? Thank you. :) And have a good night, day, evening, where ever you are! :)

• Like 2

Yes, this would be quite different from the things on PS2. Phantasy Star Online (PSO or PSOBB) was not on the ps2 (it was dreamcast/gamecube/xbox/pc), with the latest version Blue Burst being pc exclusive but having an extra episode (dreamcast ep 1, gc/xbox ep2, and pc ep 4). Phantasy Star Universe (PSU) was the next series on the ps2, which has a lot of differences to PSO. As for how it works, PSO is a pretty standard hack n' slash Action RPG lootfest. The design is very similar to Diablo 2 in a number of ways, but the combat more closely mimics Dark Souls with its focus on methodically paced, deliberate combat, though pso offers more in the way of buffs/debuffs and healing items are instantaneous. Unlike d2 though, the rare drops are not random; enemies will drop many different common drops but each enemy will drop a specific rare at a specific rate, depending on game difficulty and the room leader's 'section id' (e.g. Ultimate Booma will drop a Dragon Slayer 1/213 rate on Skyly id, or a Final Impact 1/213 on Viridia id, etc.), meaning you can specifically hunt a certain mob to get the rare item you are looking for. The game is pretty open when you play online, as you can choose any episode and immediately go to all areas within each episode with no real restrictions, though creating a room with a higher difficulties will require a higher level. There are a lot of helpful people around that can powerlevel you if you ask around, and experience rates are boosted on this server by default, though you can use a command to go to vanilla exp rate if you want.

• Like 2

Welcome to Ultima, I hope you enjoy your stay with us. (Highschool DxD fan? I recognize the character in your avy lol)

Welcome to the craziest PSO server/community you can join. Here we will help you to be a funnier person, more social and less social at the same time. You will enjoy to slain boomas and killing thouse lovely rappys will make you feel like a serial killer :)

Enjoy the server !!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk