Regarding Gamecube’s stacked item dupe glitch

I’d like GM clarification on this one. 

On gamecube, there was a glitch that allowed you to duplicate stackable items (like monofluids) using a stack of photon drops. I haven’t tested it on blue burst so I don’t know if it is even still a thing. 

If it is still a thing, would the glitch be prohibited on this server for duplicating monofluids/monomates exclusively?

Raising a mind mag requires 375 monofluids from level 35-50. That’s 125 feeding sessions, or over 10 hours of gameplay for just 15 levels. This wouldn’t be  as bad if I could buy monofluids in the shop, but my character is over level 20 so to feed consistently I have to go to a 2nd character, buy 10 monofluids, bank them, then go back to the character I’m playing and play for 20 minutes before repeating.

I would like to dupe stacks of 10 monofluids to be able to keep playing on one character. Or maybe the shop could be changed to always sell monofluids... 

Meseta is free on this server, so the question is whether there is a blanket ban on glitches like this, or if there are some exceptions. 

Thanks!

• Haha 1

I would not hesitate to ban someone who did this.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 2

If you just want Mono- items, this was one reason why the "Lemon's Shop" Ep2 quest was implemented. It's a bit clunkier than buying items from the actual item shop, but it's a working option short of making a dedicated lowbie mag farmer or the Item Shop code being rewritten. It also supplies Sol Atomizers and Star Atomizers without fail.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, redria7 said:

Or maybe the shop could be changed to always sell monofluids...

You can use Lemon's Shop (Ep II One person quest) for that.

Anyway this glitch is not a thing anymore.

15 minutes ago, Dutch Ride said:

Why would you think anything described as you said a “glitch” not be bannable? 

Would you ban someone for using the SNS glitch or Vol Opt Gizonde glitch? :o

• Like 2
  • Dw 1

13 minutes ago, R-78 said:

You can use Lemon's Shop (Ep II One person quest) for that.

Anyway this glitch is not a thing anymore.

Would you ban someone for using the SNS glitch or Vol Opt Gizonde glitch? :o

Yes. Banned. Case closed.

There are other glitches (like vol opt glitch) that are allowed. There are also a lot of convenience style addons to the server (like mag timer, monster health, id changes, etc), so I thought possibly this would be allowed. That’s why I asked. 

As I said, the question has been answered. The thread can be closed/locker/deleted/etc. 

Probably we should add glitches (as in specifically) to the guidelines...

Either way, you cannot dupe items, at least not that way and you'd be banned as well.

I'll go ahead and lock the thread.

• Thanks 1