Recommended Classes for 2 Person Party?

Does anyone have suggestions for good classes to make up a 2 person party? I'm looking to play through fairly casually with one other friend, don't really intend to ever have a 3rd or 4th person join in. We both played forces way back on the gamecube and want to play again, but I think we'd like to avoid playing forces another time. Do we really need someone to be a dedicated force? Maybe instead we can use one of the hunters or rangers that can use S/D?

RAmar, RAmarl, FOmar, HUnewarl are all great, flexable soloing classes with access to S/D and other support techs, moreso the FOmar, although without the best gear, he's still rather squishy and not quite powerful as I'd like in Ultimate.  His support ability is excellent though while maintaining a degree of offensive ability, I'd probably say the same things for HUnewarl too...  RAs will always have a great force multiplier going solo using shots, namely with the Dark Meteor and the Baranz Launcher.

I can go just about anywhere and survive going solo with my RAmar and a DM, nuff said. (although my RAcast with a even a 75 hit Baranz ain't too far behind, now that he's got a Wedding Dress...)

Edited by Trigunman

Thanks! I tried playing as a FOmar on the gamecube and found him really lacking, but I switched to a new character around when I got to ultimate so I never got to the point where I was really maxing his stats with the right rare equipment. I forgot RAmars get S/D. What's this about switching to a different skin in the lobby?

31 minutes ago, HydeLyde said:

What's this about switching to a different skin in the lobby?

/npc command

You can read about it here.