crashes after PB sometimes

so i've been disconnecting a lot lately after photon blasts, it's not 100% of the time but just sometimes, it's not an internet issue, and pretty sure it's error code 100, i will confirm this next time it happens... i found another forum post for technical support, and it says that code means i have a glitched item i need to get rid of, but how am i supposed to find out which item it is? 

psocrash.png

Edited by RazzleDazzle
added screenshot
2 hours ago, RazzleDazzle said:

so i've been disconnecting a lot lately after photon blasts, it's not 100% of the time but just sometimes, it's not an internet issue, and pretty sure it's error code 100, i will confirm this next time it happens... i found another forum post for technical support, and it says that code means i have a glitched item i need to get rid of, but how am i supposed to find out which item it is? 

psocrash.png

This sounds like a DEP issue. Anything that is related to firing a gun (including photon blast like pilla) is going to cause you to disconnect like that. Follow the steps in the link and let us know how you get on.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/sln288643/what-is-data-execution-prevention-dep-?lang=en

31 minutes ago, rashan0121 said:

This sounds like a DEP issue. Anything that is related to firing a gun (including photon blast like pilla) is going to cause you to disconnect like that. Follow the steps in the link and let us know how you get on.

https://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/sln288643/what-is-data-execution-prevention-dep-?lang=en

nope i've already done that when trying to fix it, still doesn't help, i also run as admin

Try to deposit all of your items from your inventory into your bank one by one. Which ever one makes you crash is the problem item. Just drop it on the floor next time and leave it there and leave the room.

1 hour ago, rashan0121 said:

Try to deposit all of your items from your inventory into your bank one by one. Which ever one makes you crash is the problem item. Just drop it on the floor next time and leave it there and leave the room.

tried and no luck... gonna try on all chars at some point, but took out everything in my bank and put back in... i actually remember about a week ago putting a drop in bank and getting DC but i don't remember what it was now, but nothing is making me dc so idk im confused. will make a new char and try.

Ok this is definitely happening mostly after PB, not really any other time it happens, done a reinstall of the game and still having same issue :/ really starting to effect my gameplay now i don't know what to do

can someone bump soly in this or something?

Edited by RazzleDazzle

ok so i found this link... seems the be another guy having a similar problem, finally found someone else that had a similar problem and fixed!!! 
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/constant-disconnect-issues.10105/  
so after reading all that, i already done the DEP thing, so must be an AV problem? i tried to turn off windows protection for PSO for now see if that helps, i didn't think the windows protection would causes DCs ingame.... owell let's see if it helps will update if i dc again or don't dc for couple days.

ok so now i''m pretty sure it's Microsoft Security Essentials that's causing me the problem... but i'm not sure how to stop it from detecting PSO as a threat without actually detecting the threat first.... i added all the pso files to excluded items from scan and all that did is make the problem worse by making the game crash a lot more instead of just getting disconnected.... i'm getting close to the problem but i'm running out of ideas here

edit: NVM ignore this post... for some reason PSO.exe had gotten removed from the DEP exception list somehow, maybe when i reinstalled and was playing with it

Edited by RazzleDazzle
  • Like 1

no :/ the DEP issue was causing the client to crash, not the DCs... i still can't figure out what's causing me to DC after PB... i thought i had it fixed when i added pso to exceptions on windows security essentials, was working fine all day, did about 20 PBs, during LHB quests, group PBs, solo PBs, not DCs. then all of a sudden it started happening again.... i'm  getting really stumped on ideas now