Dark Falz PSA In Regards To Soul Share

So after about the 14th time in the past 3 days of being killed by dark falz's soul share i think its clear not a lot of people are aware of what he's actually doing there. So for the sake of not constantly dying to that move due to people not knowing whats going on, and to save loads of other peoples bacon too, i shall explain.

What he does when you see someone float out of their body and then show up in Falz's big ol chest mouth is taking part of their soul and sharing it with himself. What this essentially does is cause the person who's soul he is sharing with himself to take any damage he takes. Which means if you keep blasting him with all your crazy magic and guns and the like that damage is going to your teamate. 3 peoples damage going to one person typically one shots a person. I've been killed and seen people killed so much due to people just continuing to blast him without a care.

So basically. He starts sharing a soul? You keep that wand, pistol, rifle or oversized cannon put away till he stops. Only person that SHOULD attack is the soul shared one. And thats only if they got an HP stealing weapon to negate the effect.

Thank you for viewing this PSA. And heres to not losing anymore moons to Falz's soul share.

btw im not sure if this is okay here or it should of gone in help/tips. Correct me if this is the wrong place.

Edited by CrabCake
  • Like 4

Just now, O9B066 said:

might as well add, when your walking in CCA, if you cross through, or touch those swinging fence gate things, traps come out of the floor.....

STOP TOUCHING THE MOVING GATES IN CCA!

I would hope thats simple enough to figure out for most people-

• Like 2

I made something similar to this a year or two ago regarding joining rooms during the Gal battle. The amount of people that don't know pressing tab on a room brings up the info for it is disappointing.

Also for anyone who asks if a GM is online.

lOXTVFH.png

This section exists for a reason. It's at the bottom of the forums. Use it well.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NamelessFool said:

I feel like a good chunk of these people who attack during Falz's soul share know this, but don't care. To them, it's faster to kill the player, revive them (some only do that if they feel like it), and keep wailing on Falz.

I've had 200's running me or helping me run other players through TTF's that will sometimes just keep whaling on Falz and ends up killing me or the other players. One time killing some poor guy and then immediately killing falz afterwards. Which im fairly certain meant he didn't get the EXP.

Basically it doesn't sound farfetched to me that they are just trying to get it done as quick as they can with no care for the teammate dying

Edited by CrabCake

17 minutes ago, NamelessFool said:

I feel like a good chunk of these people who attack during Falz's soul share know this, but don't care. To them, it's faster to kill the player, revive them (some only do that if they feel like it), and keep wailing on Falz.

The thing is, it often isn't faster. Sometimes it can be, but only if the team is actually coordinated with what they're doing and all strong chars. If it's just a random room than it's terrible most of the time. If you kill someone, they lose their buffs, the force then has to run over to revive and rebuff them, losing damage from another person, and then on top of that, falz can immediately fly back up and restart the cycle again, doing another soul steal the moment he comes down. If you just use lesser gear to attack with at slower rate, you lose some dps but they can heal through it and not die. Then when falz comes down the next time, he returns soul and has a full cycle without having someone. Trying to kill someone and revive them often loses you damage anyway (from that person and anyone helping them), and makes later phases go poorly, so it's usually only if falz can be killed quickly and he chooses not to go up quickly. Also, nobody ever seems to warn the guy they're going to die, it's nice to have everyone on same page.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The thing is, it often isn't faster. Sometimes it can be, but only if the team is actually coordinated with what their doing and all strong chars. If it's just a random room than it's terrible most of the time. If you kill someone, they lose their buffs, the force then has to run over to revive and rebuff them, losing damage from another person, and then on top of that, falz can immediately fly back up and restart the cycle again, doing another soul steal the moment he comes down. If you just use lesser gear to attack with at slower rate, you lose some dps but they can heal through it and not die. Then when falz comes down the next time, he returns soul and has a full cycle without having someone. Trying to kill someone and revive them often loses you damage anyway (from that person and anyone helping them), and makes later phases go poorly, so it's usually only if falz can be killed quickly and he chooses not to go up quickly. Also, nobody ever seems to warn the guy they're going to die, it's nice to have everyone on same page.

Hopefully this post at least helps some people with figuring out how to deal with the soul steal better. Some may know and just dont care but i really get the feeling a lot of people just dont know what it does.

I'd like to add one more thing regarding Falz's third form. For the love of everything holy, stay together in one spot! It makes it easier for the forces to heal and revive people. High level RAcasts can facetank the nigh-undodgeable orbs Falz shoots for others and survive a potential double hit. The arena is too big to stay spread out.

5 hours ago, NamelessFool said:

I'd like to add one more thing regarding Falz's third form. For the love of everything holy, stay together in one spot! It makes it easier for the forces to heal and revive people. High level RAcasts can facetank the nigh-undodgeable orbs Falz shoots for others and survive a potential double hit. The arena is too big to stay spread out.

The orbs aren't that hard to dodge. But yes, the highest HP player should stand in front with everyone else behind them if you wish to cheese that mechanic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The thing is, it often isn't faster. Sometimes it can be, but only if the team is actually coordinated with what they're doing and all strong chars. If it's just a random room than it's terrible most of the time. If you kill someone, they lose their buffs, the force then has to run over to revive and rebuff them, losing damage from another person, and then on top of that, falz can immediately fly back up and restart the cycle again, doing another soul steal the moment he comes down. If you just use lesser gear to attack with at slower rate, you lose some dps but they can heal through it and not die. Then when falz comes down the next time, he returns soul and has a full cycle without having someone. Trying to kill someone and revive them often loses you damage anyway (from that person and anyone helping them), and makes later phases go poorly, so it's usually only if falz can be killed quickly and he chooses not to go up quickly. Also, nobody ever seems to warn the guy they're going to die, it's nice to have everyone on same page.

I agree wit this one. I would say make sure you're on a team that coordinates properly (but thats a gamble when you join certain rooms), have high gear and if you're a low level character and the other player is like lvl 200 with high gear, stand beside him so he can take the damage, protect you and revive you when Dark Falz does soul share. If you ever need help lvl'n or anything just let me know. :)

20 hours ago, CrabCake said:

I've had 200's running me or helping me run other players through TTF's that will sometimes just keep whaling on Falz and ends up killing me or the other players. One time killing some poor guy and then immediately killing falz afterwards. Which im fairly certain meant he didn't get the EXP.

Basically it doesn't sound farfetched to me that they are just trying to get it done as quick as they can with no care for the teammate dying

Try carrying some scape dolls and this will never be a problem. You can buy them from the item shop.