PS3 Scp Controller Not Working Properly

I just installed PSOBB. I can get into the game just fine, but it doesn't want to recognize my controller properly. Some of the buttons work some of the time, but I can't seem to remap anything from the menu. I'm using a standard PS3 controller with ScpServer so that windows thinks it's a 360 controller. I'm using it wired with a standard USB cable. Works perfectly in other games.

(I will refer to buttons as if I were using a 360 controller, since that's what most people use.)

I'm able to press "A" on the title screen to open the title menu, but then I can't press it again to confirm any selections, nor use any control sticks/D-pad to move the cursor. I can use "X" to close the menu, however. I can also use "A" to confirm through the update screen. While on the loading screen with the light, the left control stick can move the light around. Once I load in, however, none of the buttons/sticks work for anything. I'm not able to remap the pad from the main menu, because it's not recognizing my inputs. I've tried changing controls for stick axes and buttons; neither work.

Does anyone else have any experience with using a PS3 controller + ScpServer for PSOBB? Maybe there's some setting somewhere I need to change. What does Custom Hotkeys (in the launcher options menu) do? Are the game's control settings saved somewhere as a .ini file, perhaps? Then I could set the controls manually.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:28 AM, DarkDrai said:

That wasn't exactly it, but once I was in those settings, I realized I had vJoy active, and it was conflicting. Once I disabled that, everything started working properly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also you can make this setting your default to help prevent the issue from recurring.  :) 

• Like 1