Ultima's Time Attack Records

Malicious Uprising 3 - Solo no PB - 3:56 remaining - Bambietta (Hucaseal)

• Like 6

• 6 months later...

Been neglecting this thread a bit. My videos are always low quality both visually and audibly so...? There's some good stuff in these and overall good games. :)

Maximum Attack CCA 4'44 2P No-PB 

HCT - Wilson

HCT - @HUNTER_

Malicious Uprising #5 9'44 Remaining 2P No-PB

HCT - Wilson

HCT - @HUNTER_

Cal's Clock Challenge 4'26 Remaining 4P No-PB

HCT - Wilson

RCT - @Ender

RML - @R-78

RMR - @JupiterDeMars

Edited by Saber +7

Uhh. I love speedrunning, always up for a challenge, but u guys are all beasts xD. This is my personal best at TTF as of yet (was able to pull a slight improvement, was hard tho):

208857542_Improvedtime.jpg.459f9837aaf233bbbaf2d140d88cbe7d.jpg

A few things to note:

No PB

No STA (Thus, can't go greedy on falz with DF)

Only 1 DF: 0 0 50 50 80

Only 1 Lind: 0 0 30 40 60,

(rest of the wps are irrelevant. My bersk. proc at forest is excalibur tho, which isn't optimal too).

So, there's already room 4 improvement here (e.g., 2 maxed DFs here is like having a 100 100 100 100 80 DF, that's a lot of advantage, kinda unfair!). However, I don't have enough pds to make spheres, yet.

I think my mechanical mistakes are very minor, but there's also a lot of room for improvement there (lag management, missclicks, wrong movements, and such). Also, since I don't have tsumikiri, due to my customization I have to unequip the mag through the run, so I also lose time with that kind of thing and to add insult to injury, I maxed my hu wrongly, so I need to swap between v801 and cent/ab during vol opt. All that's like an extra minute or even more, easily.

Finally, TTF speedruns suck, they are way too rngish. You depend on mag invincibility procs unless you can cycle Da La in half an attack (and I assure you that such a thing is impossible with my build). Moreover, Dark Falz is the most random thing ever; you may be able to cycle it quickly or it might take you 3-4 mins or more, depending on how its 2nd and 3rd form is feeling at the moment.

I hope that, some day, I can optimize the run to something close to 9-10 minutes.

A recent one I pulled with my sweetie もかもか, we were very close to 10:00 after a bad start, but I messed hard and falz trolled us and remained at 1 hit at the end. 

154258962_MokaRun.jpg.a13fab81db8d8828994c64e9fe886568.jpg

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

Finally, TTF speedruns suck, they are way too rngish. You depend on mag invincibility procs unless you can cycle Da La in half an attack (and I assure you that such a thing is impossible with my build). Moreover, Dark Falz is the most random thing ever; you may be able to cycle it quickly or it might take you 3-4 mins or more, depending on how its 2nd and 3rd form is feeling at the moment.

Yes and not really :onion-head81:

-Yes because of Dark Falz' third phase and fourth phase [which you are already well aware about :rf-08:]

-Not really because on Dal Ra Lie If your mag doesn't trigger Invincibility then you gotta either position In the safe spot (don't ask me, still on the "random chances" experience :onion-head34:) or heal a little enough to leave you on DF special hp range (below 12.5% of your Max HP. Better If below 10% to attempt for Invincibility trigger) after getting hit by a ball. If Invincibility didn't trigger once again, also jellen him and hope Its tentacle doesn't critical hit you? [uncertain there :onion-head48:].

In any case, there Is also the mag Nidra, with which you can get a 85% Invincibility trigger on boss If the mag Synchro Is between 100%-120% :onion120: [Personal experience, It does not necessarily trigger, you are still at a 15% chance of failure :onion127:]

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Uhh. I love speedrunning, always up for a challenge, but u guys are all beasts xD. This is my personal best at TTF as of yet:

Thank you, it takes a lot of practice over time. Well done.

7 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

A few things to note:

No PB

No STA (Thus, can't go greedy on falz with DF)

Only 1 DF: 0 0 50 50 80

Only 1 Lind: 0 0 30 40 60,

(rest of the wps are irrelevant. My bersk. proc at forest is excalibur tho, which isn't optimal too).

This is definitely rough, you can get a Vise though for very cheap probably and prime and S for the Hilde. Diska of Bravemen for the following mobs. I know it's sorta unconventional, but a No-PB run can contain a PB DURING the run, but not BEFORE the timer starts. I'd recommend checking out this page https://4waypb.com/records/rules, as it details mostly all applicable rules. 

8 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Also, since I don't have tsumikiri, due to my customization I have to unequip the mag through the run, so I also lose time with that kind of thing and to add insult to injury, I maxed my hu wrongly, so I need to swap between v801 and cent/ab during vol opt. All that's like an extra minute or even more, easily.

Regardless if you're playing a controller (if you're not playing controller you should :) it's simply better and I'd recommend checking out a program such as AntiMicro or Joy2Key) where you can bind F2 to a place of your choosing or just a keyboard where you can press F2 you can swap mags / frames / barriers on the fly without losing any time usually (if the pacing is really fast you may lose a second or two). I made a small video to demonstrate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9pA7rPFnA and you can see  that I clear my mag before the next spawn is even there. Swapping barriers can be just as fast, but frames are significantly slower as you have to redo units. 

8 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

Ultima is particularly worse as we don't have one-player mode. Dark Falz is ultra buffed here and that leads to way more variance in the overall section. I personally HATE TTF for casual play and even more for TA cause RNG and other reasons. I avoid it all costs almost, always veto it in TEAMZ, and run from it in pure TA lol. Well done overall, here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9pA7rPFnA of a 10'38 on HUnewearl that you may like to learn from, and well there's also @JupiterDeMars that you can talk to who has the overall record of 9'59. I don't think he has a video for it though (if he does I am unaware of it).

Here's an invite to a discord https://discord.gg/UjxDeQ2XrT in which you can ask questions and receive replies about this sort of stuff pretty much instantly as well as keep up with the latest runs for Ultima as well as other metas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Thank you, it takes a lot of practice over time. Well done.

This is definitely rough, you can get a Vise though for very cheap probably and prime and S for the Hilde. Diska of Bravemen for the following mobs. I know it's sorta unconventional, but a No-PB run can contain a PB DURING the run, but not BEFORE the timer starts. I'd recommend checking out this page https://4waypb.com/records/rules, as it details mostly all applicable rules. 

Regardless if you're playing a controller (if you're not playing controller you should :) it's simply better and I'd recommend checking out a program such as AntiMicro or Joy2Key) where you can bind F2 to a place of your choosing or just a keyboard where you can press F2 you can swap mags / frames / barriers on the fly without losing any time usually (if the pacing is really fast you may lose a second or two). I made a small video to demonstrate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9pA7rPFnA and you can see  that I clear my mag before the next spawn is even there. Swapping barriers can be just as fast, but frames are significantly slower as you have to redo units. 

Ultima is particularly worse as we don't have one-player mode. Dark Falz is ultra buffed here and that leads to way more variance in the overall section. I personally HATE TTF for casual play and even more for TA cause RNG and other reasons. I avoid it all costs almost, always veto it in TEAMZ, and run from it in pure TA lol. Well done overall, here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9pA7rPFnA of a 10'38 on HUnewearl that you may like to learn from, and well there's also @JupiterDeMars that you can talk to who has the overall record of 9'59. I don't think he has a video for it though (if he does I am unaware of it).

Here's an invite to a discord https://discord.gg/UjxDeQ2XrT in which you can ask questions and receive replies about this sort of stuff pretty much instantly as well as keep up with the latest runs for Ultima as well as other metas.

Yo, thanks for all the info, I'll check it out!

On another note, I got a bersk vulcan with 50 hit during a run, but it didn't improve my time too much. Indeed, I haven't been able to pull a similar run as of yet (damn RNG :C).

Edited by Lobotomy

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Max Attack Ruins 1P No PB Hucast

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Pretty clean 2p run with @Mr.Feeger . If anyone knows any weapons that could be used to go faster or better positioning. Feel free to let me know what you think. Also I put Guts'(Mr.Feeger) perspective in the video description. 4p run coming soon.

Edited by Crank
  • Like 2