Hello all, how's it goin'?

I'm fairly new to PSOUltima and just got all signed up and ready to go.
I get as far as the Character Creation screen (HU,RA,FO) to choose my class and it won't go any further. My keyboard/mouse work fine, it reads the inputs to select whichever class/race I want to browse, but it won't let me go beyond that. It seems everything else is running ok and I haven't seen anything similar in some of the forum help sections. Not sure where to go from here.
Thanks for taking the time to read.

Regards,
Hydekar

I don't get any message or error on the screen. When I get to the screen for choosing a Class/Race; it will let me browse through each one (HU,RA,FO), but i can't go past it. I'll try taking a video or something of it.

Edited by Hlinwyrd
Typo

Just making sure, but you are using the arrow keys and enter button to navigate the menu correct?  The mouse scroll wheel works on the main start menu, but not for most of the game.

• Like 1

Do you have a Game controller connected to the computer? 

it has to be something with the keyboard layout configuration in windows. try in the launcher to select IME

• Like 1

Thank y'all very much for the replies. Super appreciate helping to figure out my issue.

It's neither of those issues (scrolling and typing). I had IME off and all that jazz. I have even re-installed the game a couple times to try an alleviate this issue.

I do not have my controller plugged in ALTHOUGH I could use it because it is recognized by the game. I can type in the game, use the keyboard for actions, etc. Perfectly fine.
I can play the game and it runs very well.
I had to sign-onto the client through another PC (my room mate's) and create a character, to even get past the problem.

It's on the screen where you choose your class. The game will not allow me to select a class/character on that screen on this PC. But I CAN choose on the Select Your Character ( the one you've already made/created screen) and play the game.

I just got home from work; I'm about to post a picture attachment to this post to refer to which screen I'm talking about that I cannot advance past.

PSOISSUE.png

In the picture I have included in this post is the screen on my PC that I cannot advance past. I can browse through the classes and look at them but I cannot select one. I hit every key for confirmation and yet still get no results. As mentioned previously, I had to use another PC to create a character for my account and continue playing.

Edited by Hlinwyrd
Typo