Launcher.exe bug and toontown reloaded opens???

The issue that I have so far when tryin to open up Ultima PSOBB is that whenever I try to install PSOBB. I start updating the game and get through the 12 files today. However after the update, is asks me to restart the program. Well what happens is that from restarting, for some reason it opens up ToonTown Reloaded that I have on my new laptop. It happens onto my old laptop too, sometimes Ultima PSOBB opens up Toontown Reloaded??? I wonder if anyone else has that problem too. And that from exiting toontown, I try to open up the Ultima PSOBB shortcut and it says that it has either be moved or deleted "Launcher.exe" the process is simple but the bug is so strange and annoyin somewhat, it is just very strange. 

Weirdbugultima.PNG

Edited by HeroicGangster

Check that your antivirus program has ULTIMA PSOBB's folder as an exception.  I don't know if this would cause another program to open, but it could be causing the Launcher.exe missing issue.

Your antivirus might be deleting the launcher (the shortcut not working), whitelist the game folder so it works fine.

After a quick check, it seems that toontown reloaded is some roblox game?
I remember my sister having something like this and it's launcher might have been also named Launcher, so it could somehow get mixed up?
(If that thing installed in the PATH, i could see it happen).

29 minutes ago, HeroicGangster said:

The issue that I have so far when tryin to open up Ultima PSOBB is that whenever I try to install PSOBB. I start updating the game and get through the 12 files today. However after the update, is asks me to restart the program. Well what happens is that from restarting, for some reason it opens up ToonTown Reloaded that I have on my new laptop. It happens onto my old laptop too, sometimes Ultima PSOBB opens up Toontown Reloaded??? I wonder if anyone else has that problem too. And that from exiting toontown, I try to open up the Ultima PSOBB shortcut and it says that it has either be moved or deleted "Launcher.exe" the process is simple but the bug is so strange and annoyin somewhat, it is just very strange. 

Weirdbugultima.PNG

Me too i have got a problem with the launcher today . When i have try to open the launcher my antivirus has said " you have an virus in this folder " and he have directly delete the launcher of my computer . When i have download and install the game ( there are 10 days ) i have already put the game psobb ultima in exception . So i have found only one solution , directly launch the game without the launcher " psobb ultima " and right now it's ok . Strange bugg but for me it's ok now .

So my question is : why during 10 days i haven't got any problem with the launcher and today my antivirus has detected a " malware-gen " ?

1 hour ago, Soly said:

Your antivirus might be deleting the launcher (the shortcut not working), whitelist the game folder so it works fine.

After a quick check, it seems that toontown reloaded is some roblox game?
I remember my sister having something like this and it's launcher might have been also named Launcher, so it could somehow get mixed up?
(If that thing installed in the PATH, i could see it happen).

Yes it seems like the Toontown Reloaded folder in one of my program folders seems to be also be named Launcher, that might've caused my computer to confuse PSOBB with ToonTown Reloaded

7 hours ago, babane said:

Me too i have got a problem with the launcher today . When i have try to open the launcher my antivirus has said " you have an virus in this folder " and he have directly delete the launcher of my computer . When i have download and install the game ( there are 10 days ) i have already put the game psobb ultima in exception . So i have found only one solution , directly launch the game without the launcher " psobb ultima " and right now it's ok . Strange bugg but for me it's ok now .

So my question is : why during 10 days i haven't got any problem with the launcher and today my antivirus has detected a " malware-gen " ?

I don't know but as long as you download from our site, it should be fine.
Since the launcher is not really widely used and/or known, antivirus detect the fact that it downloads/deletes/replaces files as something potentially dangerous (or that's what I think).

But as I said, as long as is the official download, there should be no problem.

• Like 1