Can't login - keyboard moves by itself

Hello everyone!

I played PSO on Dreamcast and was totally excited to learn about PSO Blue Burst.  I downloaded the game and launcher but cannot log into my account.  When I load the game, I cannot get past the first menu to log into my account.  The cursor on the screen keeps scrolling through the 3-4 menu choices extremely fast, even though I am not touching my keyboard or mouse.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?  Thanks!  I can't wait to play!

Have you got a controller plugged in? I used to have similar issues on other games because the analog stick of my Xbox 360 pad was a bit worn out and a random direction would always get stuck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  No, I do not have a gamepad plugged in.  I just have a keyboard and mouse.  It sounds like my problem is similar to what you had.  Its like the arrow keys are stuck down on my keyboard, except they arent!  I cant figure out how to fix this!

33 minutes ago, HurryDowns said:

Thanks for the reply.  No, I do not have a gamepad plugged in.  I just have a keyboard and mouse.  It sounds like my problem is similar to what you had.  Its like the arrow keys are stuck down on my keyboard, except they arent!  I cant figure out how to fix this!

Have you tried uplugging and replugging your keyboard? Is there anything that could possibly be recongnized as a controller plugged in (like an adapter or something?) Does the problem persist even if you restart you computer completely?

I guess one way to check if it is the keyboard causing it would be to start pso without the keyboard plugged in, since pso only recognizes things plugged in before it is launched. If it's not the keyboard, maybe some random peripheral is being recognized as a controller and doing something funky.

• Like 2

You fixed it!  My racing steering wheel was moving around my cursor.  I unplugged it and that fixed the problem!  Thank you so much!  I look forward to playing PSO for the first time in about 16 years tomorrow!  Thank you!

• Like 2