Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Pthalo

Pthalo's Awful Art Thread

Recommended Posts

I'll upload these as I finish them, I s'pose. :-)

This isn't the commissioned version, just a personal one that I drew up to get a feel for how this character looks. These new pens are weird and bleed a lot-- so I'll keep searching until I find a reliable brand. Anyway, this character is named "Terror", and has a very cute design. 

-Pthalo

a318a0bd-66d6-4ade-9641-43859d35c3c5_zps

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...This Chia Clif bar is no joke! Three updates in a day!

Here's my drawing of @duja1001's character "Duja"-- I hope you like it! And you're right-- he is shirtless-- and yes, it is necessary!

 

 20181014_204224-1_zpsiloufyj1.jpg 

...And A rough sketch of Nirvanah; I'll redraw and finish this in ink once I find non-leaky pens. 

20181014_151251-1_zpssu3horga.jpg

-Pthalo

Edited by Pthalo
added one!
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG this is the best thing I've ever seen :onion-head-hammer::cc-in-love::rf-01:

Had to crop it to fit my profile pic, love it and cannot wait for more

Edited by duja1001
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man this is outstanding!!! I should commission you to make a anime version of the real life me! haha. Great work!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duja1001 said:

OMG this is the best thing I've ever seen :onion-head-hammer::cc-in-love::rf-01:

Had to crop it to fit my profile pic, love it and cannot wait for more

Thanks, Duja! I'm glad that you really like it, it was super fun to draw :D . I'll hopefully post more stuff this week!

4 hours ago, C01D1 said:

Man this is outstanding!!! I should commission you to make a anime version of the real life me! haha. Great work!

Thanks, C01D1! :D  If you'd like, I can do a commission for you-- just let me know!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, art!

This is HUmar Id.  I He's just a photon sword boi. 

Untitled12.jpg

Edited by ShinobiMC
Got permission to post from heart react
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShinobiMC said:

Cool stuff! Do you mind if I post a WIP of my HUmar in here?

Thank You! Sure, you can post it here. Did you do your avatar as well? It's quite well-done! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pthalo said:

Thank You! Sure, you can post it here. Did you do your avatar as well? It's quite well-done! 

 

My GF drew the avatar, shes cooler than me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShinobiMC said:

My GF drew the avatar, shes cooler than me!

Ah, okay. No problem at all :-) . Do you do digital or traditional work primarily?

26 minutes ago, ShinobiMC said:

Yay, art!

This is HUmar Id.  I He's just a photon sword boi. 

Untitled12.jpg

Cool!! I like your shading technique alot. Do you use a wood pencil or mechanical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty exclusively traditional. I used a .7 mm mechanical pencil and a 2B graphite pencil + kneaded eraser.  As for the shading, I usually use one of those smudge tools... I do not know the technical name for it. It just looks like a little pencil made out of paper lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for taking so long! Here's a (maybe a little too well endowed) drawing of Fujiko for @Grimoire Greys! I didn't darken her hair due to the quality of the paper-- it'd soak right through! Regardless, Fujiko is a fun subject to draw! :-D

I hope you like it!

ff2463c4-13f6-4a92-a2ec-d922bce05f35-ori

Secondly, I promised a while ago that I would post the progress on my handheld-- so, here it is. I call it the 'Ronin', a nod to the Sega Nomad. It's almost done ( note the tape holding the controller on xD) , but I need to widen the cartridge slot on the back with a dremel. So far, it plays pretty nice! Hopefully this will help during those holiday road trips. If you want the nerdy specs, feel free to ask and I will unleash an unrelenting torrent of data on this thread. 

cd7a0f47-bc9a-480f-b724-bfc69cad747f-ori

 

-Pthalo

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pthalo said:

Sorry for taking so long! Here's a (maybe a little too well endowed) drawing of Fujiko for @Grimoire Greys! I didn't darken her hair due to the quality of the paper-- it'd soak right through! Regardless, Fujiko is a fun subject to draw! :-D

I hope you like it!

ff2463c4-13f6-4a92-a2ec-d922bce05f35-ori

 

I haven't been having a very good day, but you've brightened it up for me quite a bit with this. Thank you, i'm quite happy with it. <3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, Grimoire Greys said:

I haven't been having a very good day, but you've brightened it up for me quite a bit with this. Thank you, i'm quite happy with it. <3

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :-D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×