Pthalo's Awful Art Thread

Pthalo

Hi Everyone;

I saw that there was a Fan Art Thread, so -- you know, when in Rome... 

I scribbled my robot ranger girl below. 

I'm sorry ahead of time. 

Pthalo.jpg

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

Holy carp!  If that's your awful artwork, bring on some more!

Pretty good stuff bro! :onion-head11:

Ahhh you guys inspire me sometimes to pick up the pencil again, sadly my line of work burns me out from wanting to do any kind of artwork anymore...

• Like 1

Thank you :).

I have a hard time shaking myself to draw, too. I end up doing it before bed mostly.

What kind of materials do you use for your art?

Edited by Pthalo

Pthalo, I'm a Draftsman by trade, basically a technical artist, so I'm not so much of a artistic artist anymore I guess...  Although my nieces do their best to draw my artistic side out of me from time to time drawing things for them. :lol:  I seem to always have been good at recreating anything I see freehand, a human copier machine, haha!  I work in a program called AutoCAD, a computer aided-drafting and design program these days, so all my work is via computer.  I'm very technical and precise with my drawing, as that is what my job demands doing professionally engineered construction drawings for major municipal and commercial contractors.  I've even done a few logo recreations, effectively raster to vector conversions and so forth in my free time for my own purposes or for others along with some solid modeling in 3-D.

Back in the day, I've taken art classes in high school so I got to mess with everything from paint & brushes, oil pastels, calligraphy, pencils and so forth.  In Vo-Tech, we still learned some board drafting by hand,(just before it went completely to computers) so I got alot of experience in hand drawing by pencil there too with straight edges, triangles, stenciling, electric erasers and so forth, so I'm best with a pencil I guess.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

Oh wow, a Draftsman! :D

... Are you able to render things in CAD from a drawing? If so, do you take commissions?  I have a simple box design, but I don't know how CAD works :(. 

Ahhh yea, I've done some rather basic solid modeling, with some "presentation" projects at work in the past, namely water way weirs and dams, but nothing on the level of what some game designers or game programmers do. (intricate full-bodied player models) Yea, I'm not going to lie, AutoCAD is not an easy program to learn, it's why I went to school for 2.5 years to learn it and it keeps evolving all the time. (thanks Autodesk!)  But if it's something basic, as perhaps you're alluding to, maaaaaybe I can do it?  I'll admit it's been a while too, I primarily deal with 2d drawings and designs, I'd seriously have to dust off my skills to do something in 3D again...

• 2 weeks later...

Update Time...

This one's actually been entered in a thing. It's a portrait of Rally Vincent from the series Gunsmith Cats. I don't know what will become of it, but I liked drawing this at the end of the day. Did I mention that my drawings are fairly minimalist? 

Rally Contest.png

• Like 3

'Nother update. This time it's of cloor's very red character 'Claire', whom I frequently run into when I'm being a pest to the Ship 1 Block 1 Ultima Lobbygoers. 

This was fun! Who will be my next victim?! :onion-head18:

Claire.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Pthalo said:

'Nother update. This time it's of cloor's very red character 'Claire', whom I frequently run into when I'm being a pest to the Ship 1 Block 1 Ultima Lobbygoers. 

This was fun! Who will be my next victim?! :onion-head18:

Claire.jpg

thats awesome! haha scrub! nice work

• Like 3

Cloor hasnt changed her outfit in the whole time i have known her lol :cr-dizzy:

Awesome art fella, claire is lookin hot :o

Edited by ultrajerky
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, cloor said:

thats awesome! haha scrub! nice work

Thanks, cloor! :D  And thanks for letting me draw Claire!

22 minutes ago, ultrajerky said:

Cloor hasnt changed her outfit in the whole time i have known her lol :cr-dizzy:

Awesome art fella, claire is lookin hot :o

Thank You, ultrajerky! :D  I appreciate it!

• Like 1