HUnewearl rant.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:44 AM, Limonada said:
What is this mighty equipment that allows her to overcome her pathetic stat deficits and be more useful compared to the HUmar?

Should I reroll and raise another character and never come back to her again until I am rich to get uber gear? :'( 
Please tell me that I'm bad and that HUneweal rocks (preferably with an explanation on how to stop being bad).

On 7/2/2018 at 2:44 AM, Limonada said:
What is this mighty equipment that allows her to overcome her pathetic stat deficits and be more useful compared to the HUmar?

Should I reroll and raise another character and never come back to her again until I am rich to get uber gear? :'( 
Please tell me that I'm bad and that HUneweal rocks (preferably with an explanation on how to stop being bad).

That is an interesting rant. Whats more surprising is that you didn't get trolled. Good Job everybody. Gotta keep it respectable if you want the manliness to be with you.

HUnewearl and RAmarl are both classes that are weak without end-game weapons such as Dark Flow and Dark Meteor, especially since the monster difficulties on Ultima server have been boosted.

HUnewearl is a class that requires strong and effective weapons. If you lack power then try your best to be useful in other areas. Being support for your group is also key to survival. Sometimes its best to hold back sometimes, and just heal your group members while letting the person with the higher DPS do some damage without damage cancel.

You'll want to work yourself up with better gear as you progress, because the end-game gear for Huney is very hard to obtain. And some things like Wedding Dress can't even be used until near lv200.

I recommend trying to obtain the armor: Sue's Coat for buff range, and the shield: Frank Bunny Costume for debuff range.

Swords:
Sil dragon slayer, or Crimson Sword,
Master Sword or Tsumikiri J Sword.
(Until you can obtain a Dark Flow)

I still don't have a Dark Flow either, so don't feel bad.

These are some more weapons you might be able to make good use of.

Doublesaber: Hit Vivienne, Black King Bar, Inferno Girasole.

Mechgun: Hit Berserk, Charge mechs & DB.
(Demon special mechguns are for later when your units have a free slot for a v502)

Handgun/Rifle: Last Swan and Lindcray.

Slicers: Diska of Braveman (N-VH) and Slicer of Vengeance for Ultimate difficulty.
(Hit Slicer of Fanatic if you use v502)

Everything has it's use. There are a bunch other useful gear for HUnewearl that I didn't mention, so you have options.

HUnewearls with high level buff and debuff techniques is a relief when no Forces are available.

Feel free to save up 16PD and ask JADE to raise a mag with 83 dex if you plan to make good use of Lindcray, so you can max ATA with 1 Adept unit, and be able to use v502 or v801 as well depending whether you want to deal more damage or support more effectively.

You could also raise a mag or have JADE raise a mag with 123 DEX, so that ATA will be maxed without an accuracy unit.
You'd be able to equip the units Centurion/Battle, Smartlink, V502, V801 for full damage and support.

Edited by Emewn
  • Like 2

How to stop being bad ?

- Learn spawns in the desired quests.
- Learn overall timing and delaying your combos.
- Find safe strats for each spawns, it'll only come after practice and a good sense of observation.
- Learn monsters patterns and behaviors to know how to avoid and control them.
- Learn weapons specifical and situationnal usage.
- Learn how to use support technics optimally, like when is jellen needed for example ?
- Learn how to use the stun technics, especially in ep 4 on those damn zu's.
- Learn how to freeze monsters in the good timing with rabarta.
- Learn how to not DMC others unnecessarily with misuse of techniques.
- Learn how to play in teamwork and avoid focusing and attacking the same monsters as others.
- Play with experienced players to learn from them.
- Play in solo as well and in multiple different quests/episode to give you a global experience.
- Play in challenge-mode to be strenghtened in PSO basics.
- You can also try rules battle-mode to developp good reflexes.

Hell yes. Let the manliness be with you.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain that v502 does not effect demons, only elements and hell.

I suggest using the cent/arm plan to max atp, ata and luck while having two slots free (the other slot being cent/battle). While huney can support people will always prefer FO's, so it's better to just keep the v801 on you but not necessarily equipped. OFC it's a matter of play style but for me, I was bursting my brain trying to figure out the best plan and finally stuck with cent/arm thanks to @mudkipzjm and it's work wonders for me ^^ 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I'm fairly certain that v502 does not effect demons, only elements and hell.

Correct

HUnewearl isn't a class for newer players really, especially if you're expecting to be able to quickly play at a high level. Her crowd control is probably some of the worst in the game and this being paired with her weak stats makes for a lot of deaths. She rewards for tight play and knowledge of weapons, spawns, and other techniques. 

HUney is prolly my next toon, i hear their very similar with ramarl, and ramarl has been the funnest toon i've played, and easily solo's all 3 episodes with the proper gear load out. so if this is true i dont see whats so bad about a HUney.

Edited by O9B066

We can't forget HUnewearl's other big con which is her horrid ATA growth for a weapon class, gaining significantly less ATA than even HUcast and only a few more points than FOmarl by the time they all hit 200. You'll be living off Centurion/Arms as a permanently attached slot unit, and maybe even an Adept too before hitting Lv200.

2 hours ago, Wavebuster said:

We can't forget HUnewearl's other big con which is her horrid ATA growth for a weapon class, gaining significantly less ATA than even HUcast and only a few more points than FOmarl by the time they all hit 200. You'll be living off Centurion/Arms as a permanently attached slot unit, and maybe even an Adept too before hitting Lv200.

Her poor growth can sorta go both ways though. While all newmans have really bad growth stats (especially ata), it does mean you stand less to gain from levels as you do from mag/units, so once you have that cent/arms and 200mag at level 150, you are closer to maxing than other classes at that same level (12ata/150atp off max, compared to 17/166, 16/167, and 15/250). The thing that actually makes her harder to play at lower levels is her lower hp value than the other hunters; although it still reaches a good value at max, she's a little squishy earlier on. However, 20jellen can definitely work very well to help that out. She also gets access to all that sweet female gear that can help her out a good bit too. At 150 with a sue's coat, a slightly higher dex mag for leveling than you would use for maxing, and an extra c/pow, you can be at rough equivalent of 23atp off max (-48pow on mag to get max ata, +175 from sue's and c/pow). So, the poor growth sucks in some ways, but it can be helpful in other ways since you rely less on levels for some stats (besides hp) than other characters.