HUnewearl rant.

Playing a melee already feels more challenging or handicapping yourself.

Now, playing a melee that doesn't even get the bonuses others melee get... it feels like playing crippled.

Even using shifta + zalure and hunter weapons I feel like I'm struggling, not to mention that many times it feels more efficient to just pick off enemies one by one with a pistol, barring the fact that it's way comfier.

Now, I know that generalists should suck by design when it comes to min-maxing unless the game offers you a way to specialize to not overshadow everything or that they should pay in some way, but I think  RAmarl would have given me a much smoother gameplay experience for the "generalist class", or even a FOmarl (which also seem to have great melee potential, despite having access to max level in all techs).

Of course, I have very basic gear, but I just can't see the place of a HUnewearl. They are very far from the base power of other HUnters. Her utility in a team gets cut to like 20% or less when there is another FOrce on a team, so then she plays like a crippled HUnter that may be able to sneak some clutch tech here and there.

Yet she is considered better than a HUmarl despite her base stat differences. This is not a great feat considering casts get MUCH more DAMAGE and TRAPS, but still HUmar has massive attack damage and is considered worse than HUnewearl. What is this mighty equipment that allows her to overcome her pathetic stat deficits and be more useful compared to the HUmar?

Should I reroll and raise another character and never come back to her again until I am rich to get uber gear? :'( 

Please tell me that I'm bad and that HUneweal rocks (preferably with an explanation on how to stop being bad).

2 minutes ago, Limonada said:

Yet she is considered better than a HUmarl despite her base stat differences

lol

Anyways, yea HUnewearl blows at lower levels/gear. However once you get hear geared up with some decent stuff, she's pretty nice. Ultima's added some things like Lindcray to make her a bit more useful than vanilla psobb. Gearing her can be kinda expensive though. Spirit and demons stuff is pretty important to have on her.

That being said, if you want raw DPS your best bet is HUcast. His ATP is just retardedly high, so he's gonna outplay most hunters.

Either way, play what you want. If you're worried about minmaxing, then play something else. If you enjoy HUnewearl, play that.

• Like 5

I kinda really wanted to have the option to support too, so I'm looking towards FOmarl.

But I'll give HUcast a go because I'm curious about traps and I want a taste of that power.

1 hour ago, mudkipzjm said:

Anyways, yea HUnewearl blows at lower levels/gear. However once you get hear geared up with some decent stuff, she's pretty nice. Ultima's added some things like Lindcray to make her a bit more useful than vanilla psobb. Gearing her can be kinda expensive though. Spirit and demons stuff is pretty important to have on her.

That being said, if you want raw DPS your best bet is HUcast. His ATP is just retardedly high, so he's gonna outplay most hunters.

i like vanilla lel and retardedly high sounds fun huehue

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Limonada said:

Please tell me that I'm bad and that HUneweal rocks (preferably with an explanation on how to stop being bad).

You're bad and HUnewearl rocks. Try getting good to stop being bad.

Edited by RIPBenny
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hunewearl is just like Ramarl : despite her weak ATP, being able to support herself makes her really good at soloing.

As MudkipzJM said, she is the only non Force class that can use Lindcray which is by far the best rifle of this game.

Once you get a Dark Flow and play with ~10% HP, her jellen can save you against lots of monsters that would ohko any other hunter class.

Playing half support with a team that doesnt have any Force is very helpful as well.

She is good at using both demon (unreduced HP% cut) and spirit (for pure DPS) unlike the Casts.

Personally that was enough to make her my main and favorite hunter class.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RIPBenny said:

You're bad and HUnewearl rocks. Trying getting good to stop being bad.

Instructions unclear, got stuck in a booma pack.

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

Hunewearl is just like Ramarl : despite her weak ATP, being able to support herself makes her really good at soloing.

As MudkipzJM said, she is the only non Force class that can use Lindcray which is by far the best rifle of this game.

Once you get a Dark Flow and play with ~10% HP, her jellen can save you against lots of monsters that would ohko any other hunter class.

Playing half support with a team that doesnt have any Force is very helpful as well.

She is good at using both demon (unreduced HP% cut) and spirit (for pure DPS) unlike the Casts.

Personally that was enough to make her my main and favorite hunter class.

Thank you, this is the kind of answer that I was expecting.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, R-78 said:

she is the only non Force class that can use Lindcray which is by far the best rifle of this game.

i actually didn't know this, i just always kept a lindcray on me lelel Huney for the win!!

Hunewearl's main assets :

- Kinda strong support techniques.

- Good defensive capacity.

- Decent MST, High amount of TP and automatic recovery ( of TP ).

- Ability to easily replace a FO in multiplayer games ( you have multiple options for that : frank the bunny costume boost JZ range and doesn't provide any loss aside of extra DFP/EVP compared to RR, so that's definitely a must have on huney.. clio has long zalure range and the animations is fast, so it's really helpful.. for SD/resta/anti, you have cat scratch fever /guardian angel costume and tyrell's parasol/marina's bag ).

- Long ranged techniques for different stuns/usage ( rafoie/gizonde to scare rappy's,  rafoie/razonde to stun lillies/zu's charge, rabarta to freeze monsters, gifoie to stop delbiter/dorphons charge but it has to be well timed.. etc.. and btw, only do this if you know what you're doing, otherwise you should not cast random techs to avoid dmc..  ).

- Like it was said before, she's good with demons weapons ( SOF, bloody tornado, demon type ME/mechgun, hand of justice OR demon type GU/Handgun/GU Mechgun. ).

- One of the fastest ( if not the fastest.. ) at breaking vol opt phase 1 screens, which make her very useful in stuff like TA TTF.

- Access to good spirit weapons ( most obvious is lindcray yeah.. but there's also hundred soul, madam's parasol and power gloves which also give a good techs boost ).

- Kawaii anime and sexy looking for the pervert... ( wait, did i mention @mudkipzjm ? ).

- Pretty good in rules battle-mode.

Now the cons... :

- Very difficult to max stats.. ( however, need to carry and swap many different units to play optimally.. ).

- Low Hp's and pretty low ATP for a hunter, which make her the weakest and most useless HU in a party with a fo.

- No good crowd control options, no traps and bad at using arrest...

- Contrary to what was said before, huney is definitely not so good in solo.. yes she's better than humar but slower and less safer than any casts or even any RA... 

- The need for many many items if you want to exploir her to the fullest.. and also to have a powerful sphered gears to be as good as the other hu's.

- Truly bad and weak in challenge-mode.

How to stop being bad ?

- Learn spawns in the desired quests.

- Learn overall timing and delaying your combos.

- Find safe strats for each spawns, it'll only come after practice and a good sense of observation.

- Learn monsters patterns and behaviors to know how to avoid and control them.

- Learn weapons specifical and situationnal usage.

- Learn how to use support technics optimally, like when is jellen needed for example ?

- Learn how to use the stun technics, especially in ep 4 on those damn zu's.

- Learn how to freeze monsters in the good timing with rabarta.

- Learn how to not DMC others unnecessarily with misuse of techniques.

- Learn how to play in teamwork and avoid focusing and attacking the same monsters as others.

- Play with experienced players to learn from them.

- Play in solo as well and in multiple different quests/episode to give you a global experience.

- Play in challenge-mode to be strenghtened in PSO basics.

- You can also try rules battle-mode to developp good reflexes, i'll be waiting for you anytime ;)

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 2

Hey man, you need to come hunt with me so I can get you a Flowens 3084 sword, then you won't be complaining about her being a lousy HU ever again. :onion108:

*edit* OHHH...  And get your hands on a cent/power unit, thank me later!

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

Just now, leezy said:

dont hunewearl hold the fastest time in ttf,,,out of all the hunters,,so what handicap ?

Because PSO doesn't boil down to TA TTF ( which is probably the most uninteresting quest to TA anyway... ) ?

• Like 2

I feel like just accepting that some things are going to be worse than others is part of this game's experience. 

Huney is just a solo class like Ramarl is. They fit that niche fairly well so use them that way and then make a Ramar or a Racast or Hucast for team play. I would even go far as to say to make a Melee Fomar/Fomarl for team play as well. Or be literal God and play Melee Fonewm aka Assblaster. That's a little bit of a stretch for you normal people though.