Zero defence mag

i teamed with a guy last night who was looking for a mag with 0 defence

does such a mag exist or can one be made without it being a hax?

ooops....blonde moment

i think i may have posted this in the wrong section

These mags are obtainable from completing the quest Power Plant Plight in episode 2 on Ultimate difficulty.  There are still some 0 defense mags that are unobtainable through methods other than donating for a mag redemption, but 0 defense mags are fairly normal, especially with people who are near the endgame.

Edited by Lemon

32 minutes ago, Lemon said:

These mags are obtainable from completing the quest Power Plant Plight in episode 2 on Ultimate difficulty.  There are still some 0 defense mags that are unobtainable through methods other than donating for a mag redemption, but 0 defense mags are fairly normal, especially with people who are near the endgame.

What are the other methods?

Also, when you get one and go to make it into the mag of your dreams, this guide might help. (shameless plug moment) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JADE said:

What are the other methods?

Also, when you get one and go to make it into the mag of your dreams, this guide might help. (shameless plug moment) 

I was referring to the fact that there are 2 ways to get 0 defense mags.

1) Power Plant Plight

2) Donating

And that PPP doesn't allow all mag stat combinations like donating does.  I worded that a little ambiguous I think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I was referring to the fact that there are 2 ways to get 0 defense mags.

1) Power Plant Plight

2) Donating

And that PPP doesn't allow all mag stat combinations like donating does.  I worded that a little ambiguous I think.

Oh. I thought you were saying that there was another way other than those 2. Thanks for clarifying. 

5 minutes ago, Deborah Nicole said:

i can understand why a droid wouldn't have any need for MST (or maxine waters for that matter)

but no DEF....that i don't get   :blink:

its for max stats, like a mag for a RAcast, to max his power luck and ata would be a 0/170/30/0 mag with 30 luck materials. Its too hard and un important to max def especially with the high def items on this server.

8 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

its for max stats, like a mag for a RAcast, to max his power luck and ata would be a 0/170/30/0 mag with 30 luck materials. Its too hard and un important to max def especially with the high def items on this server.

i had not even taken that into consideration but you make an excellent point

every time i play i never fail to learn something new. mainly because this community are so quick to help each other making the game more enjoyable 

and for that i'm grateful to all of you for the assistance you've given me   :wub:

5 hours ago, Deborah Nicole said:

i can understand why a droid wouldn't have any need for MST (or maxine waters for that matter)

but no DEF....that i don't get   :blink:

Even if you did want to have defense (it's a very weak stat and generally passed over until you max important stats like ata/lck/atp/mst), having it on the mag is inefficient. Mags give 1 dfp per def level, but def mats give 2 dfp per mat. By having more points in power/mind (which gain 2 per mag level), you can actually gain more stats. However, all that is moot because most classes barely have enough room to max important stats anyway, so it's only a few classes that would even consider using def mats for defense.

thanx to all of y'all's input, things are becoming much clearer now and it seems i need to raise a couple of new mags :blush:

3 hours ago, heatnonstop said:

blonde moment

i think i did have one when we were teamed up :blush:

• Haha 1

Dex > Pow | Mind > Def

depending on what class you are.  There is no ATA material, so mags and units are the only way to get it.

7 hours ago, Lemon said:

Dex > Pow | Mind > Def

depending on what class you are.  There is no ATA material, so mags and units are the only way to get it.

i never once noticed there are no ATA mats

BTW how can i get a good battle unit?

Farm epsilons this event.  They're dropping Cent\battle.  Otherwise, buy a v101 for 5pd off someone.