(No908) Patch server connection failed.

Hello,

I have played PSOBB in the past but as I tried to come back to it today I was greeted by this error. 

I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall but it had no effect. I've never experienced this before and cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong. My start up launcher updated fine but I get this message at the game main menu when I click start or patch download.

The current game version I have is Ultima Ver 0.13. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance!

908.png

Odd, that version number is correct.  This is normally a firewall problem.  Pretty sure there is a web URL that lets you check your connection to the server, but I don't know it off hand.  @Soly might though.

On 24/06/2018 at 10:20 PM, iiFalconZ said:

Hello,

I have played PSOBB in the past but as I tried to come back to it today I was greeted by this error. 

I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall but it had no effect. I've never experienced this before and cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong. My start up launcher updated fine but I get this message at the game main menu when I click start or patch download.

The current game version I have is Ultima Ver 0.13. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance!

908.png

what antivirus program do you have just out of curiousity?

• 1 month later...

I too decided to play again after not playing for years and Ultima, Schtserv, and even what's suppose to be an offline version all did not work for me. I keep trying the same thing and keep getting either this error or occasionally 903. With my Antivirus and Firewall on or off.

42 minutes ago, Nexus_Ray said:

I too decided to play again after not playing for years and Ultima, Schtserv, and even what's suppose to be an offline version all did not work for me. I keep trying the same thing and keep getting either this error or occasionally 903. With my Antivirus and Firewall on or off.

Can you access the url I posted above?
It could be your ISP blocking it.

Hi. Backup the bmp folder, and reinstall Psobb Ultima if you haven't already. I'm not sure if you're using an add on, but incorrect add on placement could result in such an error is what I've noticed. Its happened to me before.

Feel free to try Terror's Ultima Pso.

May the manliness be with you.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/32055-terrors-ultimate-pso/&share_tid=32055&share_fid=112932&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

I had the same problem and did some research in this Forum and found another Thread where they theorized that the IP might be blocked.

They changed it with a Program called hideallip, which i tried myself and it worked.

Of course this shouldn't be a final solution for the problem but it might point in the direction of the error.

• 3 weeks later...