Patch 2.07 problem

chuk

Hi,

I got some trouble with the new patch :

1. I downloaded the Spanish patch (accidently)

2. Replaced everything in my PSOBB folder with the patch (unzipped with 7-zip)

3. Downloaded the English patch

4. Also replaced everything with it

5. I rebooted my computer

6. Whenever I try to run it I get these glitchy images :

psobb2011011812355465.png

psobb2011011812390851.png

psobb2011011812391246.png

psobb2011011812393810.png

Hope someone can help me to resolve it.

chuk

I have the same problem but i just see a white blank spot on the places where there is supposed to be an image :P

But you can connect and play? Any graphical issues while playing? Have you changed any setting (resolution, quality,... )?

chuk

So, for everyone who still got this problem.

1. Download the Ultima Installer 2.6. (This can be skipped if you already got the .exe)

2. Execute the .exe and you make the files into a new folder or somewhere else where you want.

3. Download the 2.7 patch (This can be also skipped if you already got the patch)

4. Unzip it.

5. Unzip only the psobb.exe, option.exe and online.exe into the folder. !NOT THE DATA FOLDER, THIS WILL MESS UP EVERYTHING!

6. Start online.exe.

8. Start Game.

9. Have Fun !

*Atleast it worked for me*

There was no 7. !

1. Download the Ultima Installer 2.6. (This can be skipped if you already got the .exe)

2. Execute the .exe and you make the files into a new folder or somewhere else where you want.

3. Download the 2.7 patch (This can be also skipped if you already got the patch)

4. Unzip it.

5. Unzip only the psobb.exe, option.exe and online.exe into the folder. !NOT THE DATA FOLDER, THIS WILL MESS UP EVERYTHING!

6. Start online.exe.

8. Start Game.

9. Have Fun !

There was no 7. !

Like I expected, when I do it this way, and start it up, I get the old version, what is running smoothly until it has to connect.

Then I get that unexpected 903 error again ( that I love so much ).

Anyways, it was worth the try, someone has any other ideas? What file is in charge of connecting to the server, what's the name of it?

chuk

4. Unzip it.

6. Start online.exe.

8. Start Game.

9. Have Fun !

There was no 7. !

How do I zip, and un-zip these??? :\

4. Unzip it.

6. Start online.exe.

8. Start Game.

9. Have Fun !

There was no 7. !

I believe I basiclly did this. But the way I did it was.

Uninstall PSOBB completely from your computer.

The re-download the 2.6 patch

Run the program, get it to connect to sever. (you will get the error No.903, thats normal)

Then downloaded the 2.7 patch

Extracted ONLY the online.exe, option.exe, and PsOBB.exe (Do not extract the data folder)

Over-write the 2.6 verison of the above .exe's

Then it worked

Also I used the program WinRAR for extracting files.

Edited by Kiryu13
  • Like 1

I believe I basiclly did this. But the way I did it was.

Uninstall PSOBB completely from your computer.

The re-download the 2.6 patch

Run the program, get it to connect to sever. (you will get the error No.903, thats normal)

Then downloaded the 2.7 patch

Extracted ONLY the online.exe, option.exe, and PsOBB.exe (Do not extract the data folder)

Over-write the 2.6 verison of the above .exe's

Then it worked

Also I used the program WinRAR for extracting files.

This is exactly how you have to resolve it.

Be sure to have the 2.6 version, most people will still have the 2.4 version, wich will not work with the 2.7 patch.

Then just follow his steps.

chuk