Camera zooms by itself

As the title says, i'm encountering a weird but kinda gamebreaking problem, which started yesterday : the camera often (pretty much every time I play actually) zooms itself, sometimes towards my character, sometimes away from him (like if I was scrolling the mousewheel, except that I don't and I don't even have a mouse) and I can't put it back in place.

From there, the only solutions are to keep playing like that (pretty much impossible, especially when the camera is zoomed towards the character) or reboot the game.

I've already tried to reinstall the game, did nothing. I messed around into the game options, but I didn't find anything related.

Any help ? Thanks in advance.

Do you have an option (usually a button) to disable the touchpad (I'm assuming if you don't have a mouse, you have a touchpad)? It may be an issue with that. 

• Like 1

You don't have a mouse? I assume that means a trackpad. Are you sure you aren't doing the zoom movement on it? It's possible to disable such inputs on your trackpad too. There are a few specific quests that do funky camera in the final room where it zooms in like that, but it will change back after clearing the room or piping to pioneer2 and back (I often pipe in such rooms right away myself), but it sounds like you are having it happen anywhere.
This doesn't sound like a game issue, so reinstalling wouldn't do anything.

Hes probaly doing the 3 finger touch on the touchpad to simulate mouse 3 scroll wheel down.Either that or you have a trackball on the laptop that you are pushing in

Thanks everyone for you replies.

I will try typing /cam the next time the problem shows, see what happens.

Yeah, I only have a trackpad. I thought that maybe I did the zooming thing accidentaly (even though that seemed unlikely since I play with a bluetooth gamepad, away from the keyboard), but the thing is, I couldn't rezoom/dezoom using the trackpad after, whatever I do with my finger on it, nothing happens. So maybe it's not the trackpad ?

Anyway, I'll get a mouse soon, and will disable the trackpad as one of you suggested, I'll keep you in touch.

/cam will not help you that is to control the camera without following the character.
You have some hardware/software issue that is messing with the scroll, I guess... but I wouldn't know, have never experienced such thing.

On 20/05/2018 at 7:50 PM, HavocoDLB said:

Thanks everyone for you replies.

I will try typing /cam the next time the problem shows, see what happens.

Yeah, I only have a trackpad. I thought that maybe I did the zooming thing accidentaly (even though that seemed unlikely since I play with a bluetooth gamepad, away from the keyboard), but the thing is, I couldn't rezoom/dezoom using the trackpad after, whatever I do with my finger on it, nothing happens. So maybe it's not the trackpad ?

Anyway, I'll get a mouse soon, and will disable the trackpad as one of you suggested, I'll keep you in touch.

what program do you use to bind movement to your gamepad? Perhaps you are pressing one of the joysticks in which acts as mouse 3 movement instead of moving your character? 

Edited by rashan0121
wrong shit mang