Can't hook up laptop to TV with PSOBB

PSO BB doesnt like when I duplicate my laptop screen to my TV via HDMI. I've used 3 different HDMI cords and they all have an issue staying connected only when PSOBB is running. Also the music can get choppy. Eventually I get the  "PSOBB has stopped working" prompt. The culprit doesnt seem to be my cords or maybe not even my laptop. It seems to only have this issue when trying to ruin PSO bb. Theres probably a good reason for this. Anyone know why this doesnt work/how to fix this?

PSO BB doesnt like when I duplicate my laptop screen to my TV via HDMI. I've used 3 different HDMI cords and they all have an issue staying connected only when PSOBB is running. Also the music can get choppy. Eventually I get the  "PSOBB has stopped working" prompt. The culprit doesnt seem to be my cords or maybe not even my laptop. It seems to only have this issue when trying to ruin PSO bb. Theres probably a good reason for this. Anyone know why this doesnt work/how to fix this?
I have never try a actual tv as second screen. I do have 2 computer monitors and psobb don't have any issue at all. It could be that the framerate of the tv or even the resolution of the tv it's not fully compatible?

Or it could be that your computer video card driver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Sif said:

Thanks! i'll fiddle around with it. Could just use a big monitor instead 

i use another pc monitor or a 65 inch TV and it works fine for me as well. you need to use the TV as a second monitor because duplicating is fine but it can give u somewhat issues like u was having depending on the type of computer you have. if you use the TV as a second monitor its alot better anyways cause u can drag the screen over to the tv and watch a movie and play pso at the same time and etc. but if this doesnt work then it could be the "video card reader" like larva said.

• Like 1

one more thing, if you're not doing it this way then give it a shot....

1. "Shut down the computer. Turn off the monitor or TV.
  2. Connect an HDMI cable to the computer and to the display.
  3. Turn on the display, and select the HDMI input as the input source to view.
  4. Turn on the computer."

if these dont work u can also try using a VGA cable and a 3.5mm audio lead. 

• Like 1

Things I would suggest:

• If using fullscreen, switch to virtual fullscreen.
  • If you want to run the game in the TV, be sure to select the TV as primary display.
  • Do not set the game to a higher res than the TV supports.