Explanation for some weird lag

I just started noticing this as of late, like in max attack s ep2, and IDS the last room of baranz, the game sort of lags like my pc is struggling to play the game.

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP.

CPU SPEED: 1.4 GHz.

RAM: 512 MB.

VIDEO CARD: Direct3D compatible, 3D graphics board, minimum 64 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce FX / ATI Radeon 9600+)

DIRECTX VERSION: 9.0b.

Are this games required specs, that's a joke to run on my system, so it's not that. I tried with a fresh install of psobb, i disabled my onboard intel graphics, infact nothings plugged into it so everythings coming off crossfired radeon's. Is their something in the launcher something else i can do? Also, my windows updates are up to date.

It kinda sounds like your cpu if it's being triggered by large enemy waves, what is yours like? From what I've gathered of other peoples specs in the past, ~1.7Ghz is a good baseline for it to actually run well. You could try to force the game to run on a single core also, that may help out in many cases due to this game's age. The gpu does practically nothing aside from like 2-3 limited effects, so it's basically irrelevant to mess with anything regarding that.

6 hours ago, O9B066 said:

I just started noticing this as of late, like in max attack s ep2, and IDS the last room of baranz, the game sort of lags like my pc is struggling to play the game.

CPU: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP.

CPU SPEED: 1.4 GHz.

RAM: 512 MB.

VIDEO CARD: Direct3D compatible, 3D graphics board, minimum 64 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce FX / ATI Radeon 9600+)

DIRECTX VERSION: 9.0b.

Are this games required specs, that's a joke to run on my system, so it's not that. I tried with a fresh install of psobb, i disabled my onboard intel graphics, infact nothings plugged into it so everythings coming off crossfired radeon's. Is their something in the launcher something else i can do? Also, my windows updates are up to date.

you have to kill the enemies before they make you lag

• Haha 2