Game updated, now is in japanese

Ok, I just started up the game today, and when I started the launcher, it updated 9 files (and add psobb.dll, which I already had) and when I started the game, it told me psobb.dll is not compatibly with Windows. The game loaded, but it loaded into a Japanese version, and when I tried to to connect to the servers, it didn't connect. And yes, I checked my language settings, they are on english. Pls help.

Edited by MaskedShardy
Missing a few details, and grammical errors

your antivirus is probobly delete the games DLL... try whitelisting folder Ultima PSOBB in wherever is installed (usually C:\Ultima PSOBB) with your antivirus and try game again.

you are maybe need to reinstall or update after whitelist... manual update to latest is can be found here

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MaskedShardy said:

I started the game, it told me psobb.dll is not compatibly with Windows

What version of windows are you using? Windows 7 or XP?

Although I did not test the latest version in other than Windows 10 I did not do any changes that would break it.

22 minutes ago, Soly said:

What version of windows are you using? Windows 7 or XP?

Although I did not test the latest version in other than Windows 10 I did not do any changes that would break it.

My second pc my wife uses has windows 7 and it runs OK their. Isn't there a unitext file prs or xvm for different languages? Maybe English is missing? 

7 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

My second pc my wife uses has windows 7 and it runs OK their. Isn't there a unitext file prs or xvm for different languages? Maybe English is missing? 

When the DLL does not load, the game loads JP by default.
I had changed that to english but since it required some patches to the client (which I don't like, I prefer it to the minimum required).
I guess I'll patch it again.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, MaskedShardy said:

Yeah, program isn't white listed, haven't tried reinstalling, didn't have enough time to. Sorry to update so late. Sorry to have to put you right back into more patching Soly.

Nah, it's fine... is just that original clients had the _j file only ... but since we now update all languages I will do that...
Probably later today... 

You dont need to reinstall, just whitelist the folder and let the launcher download the DLL

1 hour ago, MaskedShardy said:

Wait, I need to whitelist the program for it to update?

i've read/seen alot of people say and have to whitelist pso from their anti virus to get it to work cause it throws a fals epositive. (on a side note been running no anti virus for over ten years, without a problem ever and i torrent hard. Also, i have everything backed up on two seperate hard drives then my OS, it takes litterally 30 minutes to re-install windows, and have a fresh pc if anything happens so to me, i wouldn't sweat a anti virus.)