What's DTS?

DTs are just another form of currency, similar to PDs

You can get them by either donating to the server ($1 = 1 DT), or by trading items/PDs with other players who are buying with DTs (Rate is typically 6.6 PDs = 1 DT)

The reason you'd want them is mainly for more expensive items, where it'd be a pain to use PDs to trade them. If an item is worth 100 DTs, obtaining and then trading ~660 PDs is just not reasonable in most cases. However, you can also add hit and attribute %'s to your weapons with DTs (15 DTs = 20% Hit. 15 DTs = 35% in any Attribute). I'm not sure if you can with PDs

They're somewhat confusing because people expect to see an item in their inventory, but they're all stored and traded on forums. In game, if we were making a trade, you would give me an item and then I would transfer you the DTs on forums

Hopefully that helps, feel free to ask more ^^

Edited by Auli'i
Clarification
  • Like 1

dt is real money that are put in the server, donation tickets(dt) cost 1 dollar each, with that, you can upgrade your items, buy items from others players. DT can only be used in forum. the difference to PD is that pd can be used direct ingame for trades and can be found in quests, while dt not. if by chance you will use dt,  by getting some for you stuff or by donations, you can track that easy if you press your photo profile.

about donation itself, i cant help you on that, since i never make it, but i know that besides official forum link for donation, you can contact LARVA for alternate ways to donate and get those DT

• Like 1

DTS = Donation Tickets. Players are allowed to trade dts with one another for their items if they choose to. Donation tickets are earned if you donate to the server, $1 US = 1dt, though you can easily earn many tickets just from trading with others and occasionally from minievents. They show up as a number on your forum profile. It's possible to get quite a lot just from trading alone, so it's not really limited to those with disposable income. They're are mostly used in player trades or for services like adding hit to weapons (80hit maximum). You can also have us gm spawn items for you, but it is not recommended, and you cannot get event items this way, those must be hunted or traded for. Ultima does its best to not be pay to win, but does want to recompense players that choose to donate to help maintain the server, so the tickets a way to do that.

• Like 1

Oh okay that makes sense. I'm considering buying some DTs because I don't have much items to trade. But isn't risky to give someone DTs on the forum? Like can they say they'll give you an item for DTs then just not show up in the game?

They could, but they would have to steal the item from you in game and then run. Just always always always use the Trade Window when you're trading, that way there will be a log of the transaction happening

If you drop the item and they take it then run, you can probably still get the item back, but it's more of a hassle to prove that it happened I suppose. At least this is what I've learned from Soly helping people in the past with this stuff. Just make habit of using trade window

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Auli'i said:

They could, but they would have to steal the item from you in game and then run. Just always always always use the Trade Window when you're trading, that way there will be a log of the transaction happening

If you drop the item and they take it then run, you can probably still get the item back, but it's more of a hassle to prove that it happened I suppose. At least this is what I've learned from Soly helping people in the past with this stuff. Just make habit of using trade window

DTs can show up in game? or do you mean exchanging DTs for PDs to trade in game?

Edited by danelux

22 minutes ago, danelux said:

Oh okay that makes sense. I'm considering buying some DTs because I don't have much items to trade. But isn't risky to give someone DTs on the forum? Like can they say they'll give you an item for DTs then just not show up in the game?

People are not stupid enough to try anything here for the most part. If something did go wrong for some reason, staff would quickly jump on it and fix it, as well as dealing out punishments if need be. Thievery is not really tolerated around here. We can literally delete item from someone and give it back to you, and move dts as needed if it comes down to it. If someone caught stealing did not want to cooperate, they would be running into a swift ban.

Just make sure to use the trade window when doing trades, as it's easier for us to track than drop trades are.

Edit: You can trade dts for in game items, so for example, someone can show you they have the item in trade window, and you can send dts to them using the send dts page, which they will have to confirm the receipt of dts and the trade of the item. If you feel like it also you can take screenshots, the printscreen key will automatically save screenshots in your pso/bmp folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

People are not stupid enough to try anything here for the most part. If something did go wrong for some reason, staff would quickly jump on it and fix it, as well as dealing out punishments if need be. Thievery is not really tolerated around here. We can literally delete item from someone and give it back to you, and move dts as needed if it comes down to it. If someone caught stealing did not want to cooperate, they would be running into a swift ban.

Just make sure to use the trade window when doing trades, as it's easier for us to track than drop trades are.

Edit: You can trade dts for in game items, so for example, someone can show you they have the item in trade window, and you can send dts to them using the send dts page, which they will have to confirm the receipt of dts and the trade of the item. If you feel like it also you can take screenshots, the printscreen key will automatically save screenshots in your pso/bmp folder.

Ohhh! Heard you. Okay that makes sense. Thanks a lot!