Slot Order Reverse Bug

I've been experiencing this behavior off-and-on for years now, and hilariously enough, am finally getting around to asking the public for answers:

1) When I log into my account, the order of my frame/armour's slots are reversed. For instance, I prefer having my V101, Adept, and V801 taking up the bottom three so that the top one is my spare and is quickly interchangeable during gameplay (cures,v502, etc.). This becomes annoying when the V101 ends up on top, which I would never swap for anything...

2) Once I re-order the slots to my liking, they stay that way, so long as I remain logged in.

3) This doesn't happen 100% of the time, but lately it has seemed like it.

For all you visual learners out there, Here's a screenshot

wtf_David_Blain.jpg

Probably something to do with how the database stores your character state on the ship.  When you log in this data is sent to the client, but the client then keeps a record until you change blocks and force a refresh.  This is why Limiter sometimes doesn't have a use option until updating blocks.  Soly would know more about this process.  I've never really paid any attention to the order of my units.

I don't think I have experienced something like this.
A quick check doesn't give me anything to think that the server would do something like this.

If you can reproduce this consistently, then tell me the steps and I will look into it.

Just my opinion, but i do believe you dont really need that 801 on, and could free up a slot. you may cast spells, but not nearly that much, your going to do more damage attacking, so you could put a arms unit their or something etc, just my two cents.

5 hours ago, O9B066 said:

Just my opinion, but i do believe you dont really need that 801 on, and could free up a slot. you may cast spells, but not nearly that much, your going to do more damage attacking, so you could put a arms unit their or something etc, just my two cents.

If I didn't already have ATA and ATP capped, I would totally take your advise :)

cheers!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Soly said:

I don't think I have experienced something like this.
A quick check doesn't give me anything to think that the server would do something like this.

If you can reproduce this consistently, then tell me the steps and I will look into it.

Thanks for the followup Soly.

I can recreate this pretty much every time I log in to my character. the order of the units in my inventory remain the way I like them, but they appear reversed when viewing my equipment. 

Cheers!