What do I do now?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the server.  I played PSO on Dreamcast & Gamecube back in the day. When I found the server I figured I'd give it a shot, and I'm having a blast.  I don't know what content I should be doing to improve my character at this point.

• I'm level 99 on my RACast (Redria).  I'm sure I could grind out more levels and there'd be improvement there.  Should I still be doing TTF Ultima, or other content at this point?
  • I've got some decent low-mid range weapons (Crush Bullet for aoe, Rianov 303SNR-2 for single target).  What weapons should I be targeting from here?
  • My mag is 200, but it's a Kama.  Is it worth pursuing the rare mags with special evolution requirements?
  • For my armor slots I'm using 4x Master/Ability.  Should I stick with the ability upgrades or start targeting /Power units?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccbm71586 said:

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the server.  I played PSO on Dreamcast & Gamecube back in the day. When I found the server I figured I'd give it a shot, and I'm having a blast.  I don't know what content I should be doing to improve my character at this point.

• I'm level 99 on my RACast (Redria).  I'm sure I could grind out more levels and there'd be improvement there.  Should I still be doing TTF Ultima, or other content at this point?
  • I've got some decent low-mid range weapons (Crush Bullet for aoe, Rianov 303SNR-2 for single target).  What weapons should I be targeting from here?
  • My mag is 200, but it's a Kama.  Is it worth pursuing the rare mags with special evolution requirements?
  • For my armor slots I'm using 4x Master/Ability.  Should I stick with the ability upgrades or start targeting /Power units?

Thanks!

start aiming for this 

if i had more time right now i could break it down some, sorry.

• Like 4

for cheap weapons u will want

Frozen shooter with hit% [ cheap, most players would prob give u 1 for free] 

Spread needle [ very cheap  like 1-2 pds from players]

Charge Arms with Hit% ( can some times find in the weapon shop  or ask some players)

Charge Vulcans with hit%  ( can some times find in the weapon shop  or ask some players)

Units :  heaven arms and heaven powers are very easy to get

heaven/batte costs1pd at the most or V101 costs 5pds and is a little better,wearing one those  will help your attack speed alot 

cen/ablity cost about 5 pds

pretty much for about 12pds you could wear V101/ cen/ability / heaven arms / heaven power and be good for long time till u find some better event items in the future 

here a guide how to make some easy pds for lower lvls 

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31568-int-def-system-ids-free-pd-quick-guide/

I have a mag cell you can use on your kama to make Tellusis mag [rare] if u like u can hit me up anytime

Edited by Terrybriggs711
  • Like 5

I would try getting your RAcast properly matted as well. Don't bother with def/evp since those stats don't really matter that much. Also I wouldn't really bother with power units and try to get as much ATA as you can so you can actually hit things. 

To add to the possible weapons, you can get:

Iron Faust (not too expensive to get a no hit one)

Cannon Rouge

Master Raven

Baranz Launcher

Millie Marteux (spelled it wrong, too lazy to look it up)

Ultima Reaper/Asteron Striker - Good for helling stuff, although will need v502 to be effective.

S-Ranks (can be a bit expensive for a new player, but decent alternatives to things with 80 hit) 

Mag doesn't matter as much for racast, just the stats are important. Most people seem to use Tellusis/Agystaya/Sato, but you can honestly go with whatever you want. 

The true end game is lobbywhoring and shitposting on the forums. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Game Over once you get banned.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

Wrong. The true end game, is the pilar climb. i took like 1314542524 years to get my first sucessfull pilar climb. Was a damn challenging final boss for me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jezbuz said:

Wrong. The true end game, is the pilar climb. i took like 1314542524 years to get my first sucessfull pilar climb. Was a damn challenging final boss for me

wut? wheres this

7 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

I would try getting your RAcast properly matted as well. Don't bother with def/evp since those stats don't really matter that much. Also I wouldn't really bother with power units and try to get as much ATA as you can so you can actually hit things. 

To add to the possible weapons, you can get:

Iron Faust (not too expensive to get a no hit one)

Cannon Rouge

Master Raven

Baranz Launcher

Millie Marteux (spelled it wrong, too lazy to look it up)

Ultima Reaper/Asteron Striker - Good for helling stuff, although will need v502 to be effective.

S-Ranks (can be a bit expensive for a new player, but decent alternatives to things with 80 hit) 

Mag doesn't matter as much for racast, just the stats are important. Most people seem to use Tellusis/Agystaya/Sato, but you can honestly go with whatever you want. 

i find this to be good advice and deserves quoting.

heh, get the weapons... end up in fourms

here i am xD

like mudkipzjm said, thats sound advice, but don't turn HU like this dude ^^^^^

If you ever need some help, im pretty free daytime, now and then have to afk for 2 mins or less for work, and evening totally free eastern time.

Hey, I had a few follow up questions!

• My mag is 11 DEF, 175 POW, 14 DEX, 0 MIND.  Should I level a DEX focused one for the ATA?
  • I used a GREENNIL character to grind out a bunch of power mats, and can't consume anymore.  Is there a hard cap to the amount of mats you can consume?
  • Can the backpack be expanded beyond 30 slots? If so, how?
  • I've seen videos where someone appeared to be carrying 100+ trimates.  Is it possible to raise your consumable cap beyond 10, or was that a thing done on other servers?

14 hours ago, ccbm71586 said:
  • My mag is 11 DEF, 175 POW, 14 DEX, 0 MIND.  Should I level a DEX focused one for the ATA?
  • I used a GREENNIL character to grind out a bunch of power mats, and can't consume anymore.  Is there a hard cap to the amount of mats you can consume?
  • Can the backpack be expanded beyond 30 slots? If so, how?
  • I've seen videos where someone appeared to be carrying 100+ trimates.  Is it possible to raise your consumable cap beyond 10, or was that a thing done on other servers?
  • It is better to just use one mag and balance POW and DEX according to your max stat plan. Try to not raise DEF next time and keep it 5 because each mag DEF point increases your DFP by only 1.
  • There is a common limit to power, defense, evade, luck and mind materials which is 250 for humans and 150 for casts and newmans. You are also limited to 125 HP and 125 TP materials.
  • No
  • No

A typical racast mag is 0/170/30/0. And 120 pwr mats 30 luck mats. I use battle unit adept and a arms unit. I can either give you a v101 or help you hunt one and I do have arms units I could give. Limiter for adept is easy to get to I'll help you as long as I'm still here. Lmk if you'll be on later today. 

Before you ask, you can get 0 def on a mag that is given as a reward to a certain quest.  You probably won't be able to run the quest for a bit though.  I'd say focus power on your mag and then when you start building for a max stat plan you can always buy a mag from a farm or purchase the base 0/0/0/0 mag and do it yourself. (Quest is Power Plant Plight if you wanted to know)